2011 MLS Kits

AJM

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think American teams think they can only redesign their teams using some blue/light blue color combination.

Seems true enough. Vancouver Whitecaps, Sporting KC, Tampa Bay Rays, Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz (until the recent redesign to complete awfulness), and probably more I can't think of.

It's official! Presenting your Philadelphia Bimbos!

letouxjersey.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I honestly think American teams think they can only redesign their teams using some blue/light blue color combination.

Seems true enough. Vancouver Whitecaps, Sporting KC, Tampa Bay Rays, Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz (until the recent redesign to complete awfulness), and probably more I can't think of.

Not redesigns, but third jerseys from the Pittsburgh Penguins (x2), Columbus Blue Jackets, and Florida Panthers

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

New Sporting Kansas City kits. Only the jerseys have been revealed. My guess is that closer to the season they will announce a jersey sponsor, stadium naming rights sponsor and reveal the full kits.

Primary

sporting-kansas-city-home1.jpg

Secondary

sporting-kansas-city-away1.jpg

Here's a link that explains the new brand

http://www.insightkc.com/sportingbrand/index.html

Here's the detail on the star:

1097219703_qSEGH-L.jpg

In addition, the light blue jersey (Sporting Blue) has a dash line that extends below the badge at the center point, representing the state line that runs through Kansas City.

The are working on a kit sponsorship deal, hopefully something will be announced soon. In addition, they are working on naming rights for the new stadium.

Stadium Webcam:

http://webcams.insightkc.com/kcwizards/

Not redesigns, but third jerseys from the Pittsburgh Penguins (x2), Columbus Blue Jackets, and Florida Panthers

Baby blue is today what teal was in the 1990s: Vancouver Grizzlies, Florida Marlins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Anaheim Mighty Ducks...

$3M a year? That seems low, considering the hit jersey sales will take.

For a league finally doing so many things right, they've completely screwed up sponsorships. Too many shady pyramid schemes.

What else outside of Herbalife? Xango (RSL)?

Yes. Two out of only thirteen - that's bad.

Three if you count Amway, which has been accused of that.

Thanks - can't believe I forgot that one.

The association is a serious blow to the league's credibiliy, when they are otherwise taking major steps forward.

2011-Columbus-Crew-kit.jpg

Waiting for more details...apparently the new Crew kit

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Baby blue is today what teal was in the 1990s: Vancouver Grizzlies, Florida Marlins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Anaheim Mighty Ducks...

Purple and teal were big in the 90s for expansion teams (Raptors, D-Backs, Rockies, and probably more)

Also, Philly looks godawful now. Seriously, that just looks tacky. I've gotten used to sponsors in soccer and think it can look pretty good (Liverpool when they had Carlsberg looked nice), but that's terrible. Hope all the Union fans got jerseys already.

I really hope those empty jerseys (Columbus/Sporting KC) get sponsors...it looks absolutely idiotic without a sponsor on there.

Don Garber mentioned in his state of the league address that he expects all MLS teams to have kit sponsors this year. he did not mention if they'd all have sponsors by the beginning of the season, but it should be interesting to see what happens between now and the start of the season. I remember reading an article somewhere the mentioned Dallas and Colorado in talks with potential sponsors.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I really hope those empty jerseys (Columbus/Sporting KC) get sponsors...it looks absolutely idiotic without a sponsor on there.

Can't agree - I think they look relatively clean (odd for Adidas).

Not completely opposed to shirt sponsorship, but in general I prefer simpler designs, and simpler shirts.

Same as last year, minus the sponsor (which doesn't necessarily mean they are changing)

Actually, it does. It was announced earlier this week that Glidden was discontinuing its Crew shirt sponsorship.

Ok gotcha, didn't know the current status of the sponsor, but I was just noting that the actual jersey is the same as last year, and therefore not actually new.

New Sporting Kansas City kits. Only the jerseys have been revealed. My guess is that closer to the season they will announce a jersey sponsor, stadium naming rights sponsor and reveal the full kits.

Primary

sporting-kansas-city-home1.jpg

Secondary

sporting-kansas-city-away1.jpg

Here's a link that explains the new brand

http://www.insightkc.com/sportingbrand/index.html

Here's the detail on the star:

1097219703_qSEGH-L.jpg

I am conflicted about the appropriate logo usage in which the Wizards Sporting Kansas City have chosen to represent their 2000 MLS Cup victory, as the image within the star incorrectly portrays the trophy they won that season; however, it's a more suitable image than having a trophy mimicking male genitalia on their kits.

Can't agree - I think they look relatively clean (odd for Adidas).

Not completely opposed to shirt sponsorship, but in general I prefer simpler designs, and simpler shirts.

Colorado is one of the best looking teams in the league, in part because there's nothing in that middle space. Just looks nice and it's certainly a heck of a lot better than a wordmark like New England, Kansas City until recently, and Dallas.

Besides, the alternative could be like Philly. Went from one of the best jerseys in soccer, to one of the tackiest.

Archived