2011 MLS Kits

AJM

I too have always liked the Red Bulls' kits, I think they're one of the best in MLS. However, I've always wanted to see them bring out a clash kit that had a blue and silver checkerboard-like pattern, to match the design on an actual Red Bull can. I think that'd be really cool.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what a few people are not picking up is that this is a revenue stream for a sport that isn't really that popular among the big 4 in North America.

Not only that, in soccer, there limits on the amount of television advertising that can go on during the game--generally pregame, halftime, and full time. There are also scorebug sponsors and virtual ads added to the pitch. It's not like any other American sports with seemingly a billion play stoppages during which TV sponsors can place their ads.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Wouldn´t that look better?

pufc1_20110113_1545675852.png

As a Union fan I would kill for that compared to the eyesore we will likely have now.....

I know during negotiations color was probably discussed at length, and the branding of Bimbo is red white and blue.... but man, after all the negative backlash on the appearance itself (not the name) I would have to think if they could pull off something like that it would for sure be in the best interest of both sides when it comes to selling shirts with the Bimbo name on it.

we would have gone from Best Kit to worst kit to best kit again in the span of a week.

USMNT-1.png

Philly's unis look mondo awkward for sure. Love Vancover's though and still want a Portland clash kit.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Please. I am begging the MLS NO SPONSORS ON JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General question. Are they the Seattle XBOX's or the Seattle Sounders? Are they the Portland Alaska Airlines or the Portland Timbers?

Also.......

Re: Philly Union. I bet few people on this site who live outside urban centers with Hispanic populations knew who or what Bimbo was. I bet there are plenty of New Yorkers who didn't know who or what Bimbo was. Would you buy a jersey, even if it was your favorite team, with a rather large corporate logo on it from a company you either a. didn't like or b. knew nothing about? (Folks, does AIG ring a bell? Does the name Cassano ring a bell? If not please read Matt Taibi's excellent article on the Rolling Stone website regarding AIG).

Enjoy your running billboards. I'm sure there will be major excitement when the Portland Alaska Airlines take on the Philadelphia Bimbos.

Not this again :rolleyes:

The techfit stripes are horrendous and have no purpose but to muck up a decent kit. What would Chelsea or Real Madrid say if they had silver stripes on their kits for the hell of it?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Please. I am begging the MLS NO SPONSORS ON JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General question. Are they the Seattle XBOX's or the Seattle Sounders? Are they the Portland Alaska Airlines or the Portland Timbers?

Also.......

Re: Philly Union. I bet few people on this site who live outside urban centers with Hispanic populations knew who or what Bimbo was. I bet there are plenty of New Yorkers who didn't know who or what Bimbo was. Would you buy a jersey, even if it was your favorite team, with a rather large corporate logo on it from a company you either a. didn't like or b. knew nothing about? (Folks, does AIG ring a bell? Does the name Cassano ring a bell? If not please read Matt Taibi's excellent article on the Rolling Stone website regarding AIG).

Enjoy your running billboards. I'm sure there will be major excitement when the Portland Alaska Airlines take on the Philadelphia Bimbos.

I wish the sponsors weren't there either, but if it's going to be done, the soccer way (or at least, MLS, EPL, and I guess most major soccer) is better than what, say, the Arena Football League did with patches. The patches just look tacky no matter what and also made the jerseys overly busy. Whereas in soccer, some sponsors actually look good (Carlsberg) though on rare occasions where they look as horrific as the Union's Bimbo sponsorship.

Also, I had no idea what Bimbo was until I read this thread. Always wondered after the Mexican jerseys I'd seen.

They should move them back to being on the back. It looks a lot less tacky and still keeps the same function.

Archived