2011 MLS Kits

AJM

The techfit stripes are horrendous and have no purpose but to muck up a decent kit.

Without the Pure Balance straps, you wouldn't know how kewl the Adidas designers are!

Of course I would, I mean, those three stripes on EVERY SINGLE JERSEY are just so fashion forward.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olay, then... Um... the Pure Balance stripes make you 2.5% faster.

If it worked for Bettman it works me!

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Chivas USA kit jersey looks good and the sponsorship couldn't be better.

Rapids jerseys look solid.

I've been reading all across the internets...FC Dallas currently has ongoing talks with 4 potential kit sponsors.

Sporting KC is also supposedly finalizing a deal and looking to announce before the season starts.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Wow, still no sponsor for Colorado, eh? I thought that was The Don's goal for this upcoming season. Oh well, they've still got time.

Not feeling the road jersey, but the home jersey is class as usual.

i want so badly for the MLS to sign a contract with nike- or better yet, each team can choose like in every other league. This adidas crap is terrible.

This would of course bring a huge outcry from the purists here. First sponsorship, now DIFFERENT kit-makers! Do they realize they aren't European?!

i want so badly for the MLS to sign a contract with nike- or better yet, each team can choose like in every other league. This adidas crap is terrible.

This would of course bring a huge outcry from the purists here. First sponsorship, now DIFFERENT kit-makers! Do they realize they aren't European?!

You do realize when MLS started in 1996, they had different kit makers up until the league signed an exclusive contract with Adidas in 2005 which established a 10 year sponsorship deal with them and it helped grow the league? This past August, MLS and Adidas signed a new 8 year deal that replaced the 8 year deal and Adidas will continue to sponsor MLS until 2018.

Also, it doesn't seem that a different kit maker will enter the fray for a long time. From the article:

Adidas has served as one of MLS' partners since the league's inception in 1996. When the current deal started with the 2005 season, Adidas took over as the official athletic sponsor and licensed product supplier for the league. Adidas also purchased advertising rights.

The new deal continues much of the previous agreement, but makes a significant investment in youth development and reserve programs tied to all 16 -- soon to be 18 starting next season -- MLS franchises.

Source

He probably knows that - it was a failed attempt at a joke.

Yeah, I admit it was weak.

But what I wonder is this: would people who oppose shirt sponsorship rather watch lower quality play with fine uniforms or higher quality play with corporate names across the chest? Beacuse if you spend that extra few million on salaries, you can get a couple of quality guys and raise the level of play.

And what about merchandise sales? Some might not like a XBOX or Herbalife text on their shirts, I get that. But if you spend that three million to make a big name signing, does that create enough hype to make up for the lost sales? I don't know, but it doesn't seem impossible.

I guess this is all a cultural thing. Where I come from, most soccer teams have their kits plastered with all sorts of sponsorship patches and so the MLS shirts and the ones from bigger European leagues look downnright stylish. Like this:

ablade.jpg

Okay, the shirt wasn't the only reason I wanted to use that picture. But come on, it's an unedited image from the league website!

What I dont understand is alot of the same people who complain about shirt sponsorships I'm sure are wearing a Dupont Racing hat or M&M's Racing jacket.

What I dont understand is alot of the same people who complain about shirt sponsorships I'm sure are wearing a Dupont Racing hat or M&M's Racing jacket.

What's your source on that?

I don't think it's ever a good idea to speculate about other posters or their motivations. You have to make too many unsupported leaps.

Archived