2011 MLS Kits

AJM

What I dont understand is alot of the same people who complain about shirt sponsorships I'm sure are wearing a Dupont Racing hat or M&M's Racing jacket.

What's your source on that?

I don't think it's ever a good idea to speculate about other posters or their motivations. You have to make too many unsupported leaps.

Not necessarily on these boards per say, just in general. NASCAR is pretty big (at least in my area of the world) and I've gotten teased for wearing my Volkswagen clad DC United jersey by known NASCAR fans. Its the same damn thing, only worse! At least in MLS theres only 1 sponsor and in NASCAR theres millions on a car.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PURELY speculation/guessing on my part, but it would not shock me to see Sprint as Sporting KC's sponsor. The world HQ is in KC.

That has long been a rumor on the Wizards/Sporting messageboard over the years. It would certainly make sense. I don't see Sprint sponsoring another venue though. They already have the Sprint Center in downtown KCMO, I doubt they'd want Sprint Park/Field/Stadium in KCK.

American Century and H&R Block are too local KC companies too.

A lot of fans would love to see Boulevard Beer be the shirt sponsor. Since AB was bought by InBev, Boulevard is the largest American owned brewery in Missouri :flagusa: . I have to admit, Boulevard would be a great kit sponsor.

In the meantime, the stadium is being refered to as Sporting Park.

PURELY speculation/guessing on my part, but it would not shock me to see Sprint as Sporting KC's sponsor. The world HQ is in KC.

It'd be pretty hard, I'd think. AT+T is a league sponsor, and teams cannot sell shirt sponsorships to companies in the same category without league sponsor approval.

See Alaska Airlines, and potentially Corona for CD Chivas. There was even a long discussion when Red Bull was brought in to ease concerns of a conflict with Gatorade/Pepsi, so they created a new sponsor category for them.

D.C. United is set to unveil their third kit this Saturday at the Washington Auto Show.

Jersey-Reveal-620x350_0.jpg

http://www.dcunited.com/event/2011/01/washington-auto-show-third-kit-reveal

A red kit perhaps???

Here are the 2011 home/away jerseys just as a reminder...

PAAAAAAJCLAPMIJA.jpgPAAAIAADCOAHMIJA.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

A Red DC kit has potential in my opinion. I believe DC United has among the best kits in the MLS (Although that's not saying much.)

Their last third jersey was red.

I wonder, however, if they may go with something silver to go along with Volkswagen (a German car company)?

I still fail to see the need for a 3rd kit. Ok, maybe for cometitions like the US open cup, Canadian championship or, CONACAF champ's league. But at the end of the day, I find the clash is rarely used (I think TFC only used their white kit 5 times last year) therefore having a 3rd is a little over the top.

With that said, I've always liked DC United kit's and a red one might be cool to see, assuming it's not just a re-colour of the black and white versions.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

D.C. United is set to unveil their third kit this Saturday at the Washington Auto Show.

Jersey-Reveal-620x350_0.jpg

http://www.dcunited.com/event/2011/01/washington-auto-show-third-kit-reveal

A red kit perhaps???

Here are the 2011 home/away jerseys just as a reminder...

PAAAAAAJCLAPMIJA.jpgPAAAIAADCOAHMIJA.jpg

The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was AC Milan's red and black stripes. Hopefully they go in another direction- How about three stripes across the chest again?- and don't end up looking like the Metrostars.

good

Houston Dynamo (both kits): From colors to the template, both are nice uniforms all around. I love the "Euro88" watermark.

Vancouver Whitecaps (away): classy kit with the Whitecaps Logo watermarks.

Colorado Rapids (away): Judging from that grainy picture it's a template which I('ll) like a lot.

average

Portland Timbers (both kits): Never liked two-tone. Should have made the sleeves on the home white with green stripes.

Kansas City (both kits): bland (light)blue and decent (dark)blue, but simply too much blue for one team, let alone MLS.

bad

LA Galaxy (away): how can you ditch a classy dark blue with gold stripes for a lighter blue with white stripes (and some ugly underarm patterns). At least the herb logo disappeared.

Seattle Sounders (both kits): ruined by the visible silver sportsbra/techfit/whatever thing than even runs under the logo.

Philadelphia Union (home): the sponsor logo/colors/placement destroys the classic Ajax type kit.

general

I don't like the outside stitching some of the templates have.

It would be nice for a change if there would be at least some sort of variation (multi colored stripes like France had) or a different placement of the 3 stripes rather than simply always having them just down the sleeves on all kits.

The MLS Cup trophy inside the Championship star on the Kansas City kits is a very cool little detail, which I haven't see on other authentic MLS team kits yet.

Would have rather seen some stripes like AC Milan...

ac-milan-home-soccer-jersey-ibrahimovic-11-10-11.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

@footy_fumbler: And you'd be wrong. Holy cow, that's a lot of red. Bright red at that. Yikes.

Well at least they have'nt ruined their crap average.

And the red is totaly different to the other jerseys?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived