Oregon Ducks save the best for last

dolfan13

Or it's more likely that Nike is holding Oregon hostage and Oregon has to do what their corporate masters want.

Or it's more likely that Oregon likes the uniforms that Nike provides them with and Oregon gets to help design them and choose to wear what combinations they want.

The number font is called Belotti Bold for a reason.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or it's more likely that Nike is holding Oregon hostage and Oregon has to do what their corporate masters want.

Or it's more likely that Oregon likes the uniforms that Nike provides them with and Oregon gets to help design them and choose to wear what combinations they want.

there is definitely a difference between tcu/any other nike flagship school and oregon...nike only outfits the other schools...phil/nike essentially funds the athletic department so there are tens of millions of $ on the line every time you disagree with knight which is why nobody every takes a stand against him.

http://sportsillustr....html?eref=sihp

When the State Board of Education discussed whether to let Knight build the new football facility on his own, privately -- in possible circumvention of the open-bidding and public-records laws, according to The Oregonian -- school president Richard Lariviere warned them about the danger of saying no to Phil Knight.

"It really doesn't have much to do with the central mission of the University of Oregon," Lariviere admitted."If we don't accept this gift, what will be the negative consequences for the university's education and research mission. Probably not much -- immediately, in the short-term.

"But they could be really, really profound over the longer term. Really profound. This is an important gift for our future."

He's holding the school hostage.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It is not a secret that Nike involves Oregon players in some of the design process going back to when they first started developing wacky unis. The unis for the NCG were no different. Players have given input on colors, fit, and combinations. In regards to the way the unis look, I feel like both are to blame. Regardless, they got beat and the uniforms were not a factor other than aesthetics.

Now in the larger picture of influence over the athletic department, yes I agree that Nike/Knight greatly influence decisions and Oregon won't necessarily "bite the hand that feeds".

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

http://sportsillustr....html?eref=sihp

When the State Board of Education discussed whether to let Knight build the new football facility on his own, privately -- in possible circumvention of the open-bidding and public-records laws, according to The Oregonian -- school president Richard Lariviere warned them about the danger of saying no to Phil Knight.

"It really doesn't have much to do with the central mission of the University of Oregon," Lariviere admitted."If we don't accept this gift, what will be the negative consequences for the university's education and research mission. Probably not much -- immediately, in the short-term.

"But they could be really, really profound over the longer term. Really profound. This is an important gift for our future."

He's holding the school hostage.

Welcome to the world of funding/fundraising in Higher Education. It happens in athletics and in academics. No school is going to deny a donor/alumni with deep pockets, especially in this economy. With Oregon, it just so happens that their biggest donor is Phil Knight.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Why the hate for Nike being a big part of Oregon? I mean, they did get their roots in the Oregon track program, which is also a "flagship" for Nike's newest stuff. How come no one gets on the track team?

Call me crazy, but I love 'em! Not as good as the stormtrooper look or the emo ducks uniform. Of all the uniforms I've seen the Ducks wear this year, that one is my thrid favorite. (With the stormtrooper look coming in second. Emo Ducks are the best.

Why the hate for Nike being a big part of Oregon? I mean, they did get their roots in the Oregon track program, which is also a "flagship" for Nike's newest stuff. How come no one gets on the track team?

Because nobody cares. Track isn't on national television for 15 weeks during the fall. 60,000 people don't attend Oregon track events. There aren't yearly releases of EA's "NCAA Track and Field" video games. Brent Musburger is never yelling "You're looking live...at the NCAA track and field championships in Eugene, Oregon"

If the track team gets new uniforms, the response is "Oh, that's nice."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What's wrong with losing? lol

Ask the 2007 Patriots...

Yep.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yes, we got our asses kicked. I don't deny that. However, that one loss overshadows the 12 wins, just like how the Cheatriots' one loss overshadows their 18 wins.

Yes, we got our asses kicked. I don't deny that. However, that one loss overshadows the 12 wins, just like how the Cheatriots' one loss overshadows their 18 wins.

Not really though, we still had a perfect regular season, and made it to the national championship in the first place. How's your Rose Bowl birth going? Come on Kevin, lets not hate on the Duckies

I'll hate all I want, and the word is "berth."

Thanks for the catch there bud.

I know you think Oregon fans are all arrogant dick heads, but at least we have something to brag about. Don't mistake arrogance for stating the facts. This year we were the 3rd best team in the nation, a couple bad play calls from being the 1st.

Excuse me for thinking that all Oregon fans are dickheads because of the actions of a few. I mean, it's not like Oregon fans crucified the entire Arizona fan base because one drunk jackass gave one of your cheerleaders a concussion.

Oh wait...

Archived