NHL All-Star Jerseys Revealed!

nash61

Courtesy Icethetics

0110-asg11-redjersey.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, just waiting on the complete cluster :censored: it will become once team crests and numbers start popping up all over the front of the jersey. Hopefully I'm wrong though...

A small number goes between the collar and chest NHL crests.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Looks good, just waiting on the complete cluster :censored: it will become once team crests and numbers start popping up all over the front of the jersey. Hopefully I'm wrong though...

A small number goes between the collar and chest NHL crests.

anyone doodle up a concept of this? i can't make out the sleeves.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

anyone doodle up a concept of this? i can't make out the sleeves.

Not yet. I'm too busy. I wish I had time, though.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

When do they announce the captains?

Allow me to ease the suspense.

Crosby and Ovechkin.

The players will vote on them after the teams are announced.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It seems like alot of people are happy are with these but is it because the jerseys themselves are well designed? Or is it because the All Star Jerseys of the past 4 years (Starting with the first Edge Jersey in 2006-07) have been so awful by comparision? I would say the latter.

The good

-Horizontal Hem Stripes

-No Wordmark

-Large front crest of the NHL shield modified for the event. (Actually a big fan of these logos)

The Bad

-Goofy looking "Edge" collar that does nothing to enhance the design.

-What appears to be a very convoluted sleeve striping pattern

-Played out Colour scheme (the Red vs Blue theme is so overdone). Why not use colours to reflect the host city?

For me the All Star jerseys that actually looked good were the ones from Minnesota in 2004.

Played out Colour scheme (the Red vs Blue theme is so overdone). Why not use colours to reflect the host city?

Because other than a few little silver and black bits here and there, Carolina's only colors are red and white so that Detroit-born Petey Karmanos can pretend he owns the Red Wings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived