NHL All-Star Jerseys Revealed!

nash61

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1zd87qp.jpg

That is every bit the cluttered mess I pictured it would be when it was initially described a couple months ago. Eeesh. I like the rest of the uniform, too, so that's a real shame.

If Sharp or Byfuglien end up on the Blue Team, I might pick up a blank one during the inevitable clearance and have Exclusive Pro customize it, sans front number.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Geez, everything looks fantastic except the numbers on the front. It's just overkill.

On a side note, anyone remember these?

AllStar94.png

That's actually where Dallas got their template from... not kidding.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Geez, everything looks fantastic except the numbers on the front. It's just overkill.

AllStar94.png

Well duh!

I actually have the West jersey from 1994.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Look at all those complementary colors. What a great idea.

Can't tell for sure, but the much-maligned numbers look like double-outlined Predators numbers. Terrific.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

AllStar94.png

Well duh!

Yeah thats pretty obvious... only difference between this and the Stars template is the back. Off topic but Admiral what is your avatar from?

AllStar94.png

Well duh!

Yeah thats pretty obvious... only difference between this and the Stars template is the back. Off topic but Admiral what is your avatar from?

Sorry for stealing your answer admiral, but it's from the music video of "Uptown Girl". Which is a ridiculous music video in it's own right. As you can tell it's the 80's :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I briefly debated taking a day to respond to posts using only gif snippets from "Uptown Girl." I thought better of it then, but that doesn't mean I'll think better of it later.

For the most part, I'm liking those jerseys. I think they are pretty sharp (especially the blue one). I also love that double blue NHL shield logo (on the blue jersey) and the double red NHL shield logo (on the white jersey). For some bizarre reason that double red logo puts me in the mood for Frankenberry cereal. Go figure(!)

But I agree with most here that those collar numbers are brutal. I'm also not liking the stripes on the sleeves. (Like the stars though).

The Catch of the Day!

I think they're awful. The nhl shield is nice, but the rest is a mess. Red and blue is played out as others have said. Unless your conferences have specific coulours attached to them, the mind-blowingly obvious choice is to go with a play on the host team's colours. The above-posted minny all star jerseys were perfect.....and it seems to me they'd be much more marketable aswell.

And also as mentioned above....campbell vs. wales with orange/black/white was best, and I'll add my strong preference for the old orange and black shield.

I always thought it would be neat to palette-switch the old NHL shield to silver for the Stanley Cup, but then you worry about diluting the brand for the people who only watch hockey after April. Naturally. But yeah, the new one is a beveled mess, and the upward lettering still looks wrong to my eyes.

I always thought it would be neat to palette-switch the old NHL shield to silver for the Stanley Cup, but then you worry about diluting the brand for the people who only watch hockey after April. Naturally. But yeah, the new one is a beveled mess, and the upward lettering still looks wrong to my eyes.

I feel the same way. Even trying to take out the fact that I grew up with the NHL logo being in orange and black and the letters going down, it just looks weird. I'm fine with the silver logo, it actually looks nice. But the actual "NHL" is weird to me.

---

Here's the backs of the jerseys and the lettering/numbers from Icethetics:

0113-asg-backs.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1294945005622

0113-asg-numbers.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1294953510342

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I feel the same way. Even trying to take out the fact that I grew up with the NHL logo being in orange and black and the letters going down, it just looks weird. I'm fine with the silver logo, it actually looks nice. But the actual "NHL" is weird to me.

---

Am I the only one who hates numbers (including the Buffalo thirds) that look like that? It's arguably worse and more distracting than the monochrome trend in football now.

Okay, after seeing the back, I changed my mind and give the whole damn thing a F. Bring back the old black and orange Campbell vs Wales designs. Any of them look better than anything that's been brought out in the last few years.

Oof. That back is... problematic. Never mind, not interested. Nice numeral font, though, aside from the lines.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

---

Well that sank a promising design rather quickly.

Archived