NHL All-Star Jerseys Revealed!

nash61

Nice to see the designer of the Orlando Magic's uniforms is still getting work.

The backs of those ruin them for me (if the front numbers didn't already) and I like the ideaof the lines in the numbers (though I'd be against a team using them full time), but it looks bad in actual execution. Perhaps it'll look better in reality than it does in print.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, everything looks fantastic except the numbers on the front. It's just overkill.

On a side note, anyone remember these?

AllStar94.png

That's actually where Dallas got their template from... not kidding.

Well duh!

I actually have the West jersey from 1994.

Yeah thats pretty obvious... only difference between this and the Stars template is the back. Off topic but Admiral what is your avatar from?

Sorry for stealing your answer admiral, but it's from the music video of "Uptown Girl". Which is a ridiculous music video in it's own right. As you can tell it's the 80's :P

This is awesome, haha. Can't believe I've never seen this.

I always thought it would be neat to palette-switch the old NHL shield to silver for the Stanley Cup, but then you worry about diluting the brand for the people who only watch hockey after April. Naturally. But yeah, the new one is a beveled mess, and the upward lettering still looks wrong to my eyes.

I feel the same way. Even trying to take out the fact that I grew up with the NHL logo being in orange and black and the letters going down, it just looks weird. I'm fine with the silver logo, it actually looks nice. But the actual "NHL" is weird to me.

---

Here's the backs of the jerseys and the lettering/numbers from Icethetics:

0113-asg-backs.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1294945005622

0113-asg-numbers.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1294953510342

Well that sank a promising design rather quickly.

Agreed

If you think about it, the All Star game is really the last place where Reebok can push its hideous, backwards ideas of what a hockey jersey should look like as more and more teams are rejecting their ideas and going old school. I wasn't impressed before I saw this now Im repulsed. Oh well, its just the All Star Game.

Speaking of All-Star game, has anyone been following the Guardian Project? Some of them have some potential, others are just terrible. Stan Lee let me down with "The Canuck". It honestly looks like a guy in spandex with a big fin on his head and a cape. Here's the website for it:

The Guardian Project

Look what I found!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Geez, everything looks fantastic except the numbers on the front. It's just overkill.

AllStar94.png

I love these, its like the battle of the 90s favorite colors! Teal vs Purple!

While this is probably my favorite all-star uniforms (the last version of the black and orange is a close second), I like the fact that they never swapped the home and away for each conference. What I mean is the purple was never on white and the teal was never on black. I liked the consistency, knowing that this was an all-star game.

I never liked the colours, but I love the template. If the Stars insisted on taking it themselves they should have just used it as-is. Replicating the star striping pattern on the back was to much.

AllStar94.png

I love these, its like the battle of the 90s favorite colors! Teal vs Purple!

While this is probably my favorite all-star uniforms (the last version of the black and orange is a close second), I like the fact that they never swapped the home and away for each conference. What I mean is the purple was never on white and the teal was never on black. I liked the consistency, knowing that this was an all-star game.

I never liked the colours, but I love the template. If the Stars insisted on taking it themselves they should have just used it as-is. Replicating the star striping pattern on the back was to much.

Especially because the numbers always overlapped the star pattern. This looked especially bad with two digit green numbers falling onto the green star on the white jerseys.

One problem though, if you made a white version of the jersey without the star on the back then you'd either have a white star with a colored back or a colored star with a white back. You'd have to make the whole jersey white, both star and body, and only fill the star's outlining stripes with color.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived