Show Poster: The Vagina Monologues

winters in buffalo

Joe, I would definitely lose the gradients in the skyline since you don't have them anywhere else. I would also have it go across the entire poster with the lovely lady parts in front of it. The other thing that is getting me is the colors and fonts right now. I really like how the VDAY logo looks on black, so I would take a cue from that for all of the text. I also don't like Fontin (I think that is the font) for the titles, body it is ok. I would make the title in the same style as the logo, since the pink bar splits the poster in two right now. Pretty good work.

Excellent! I like the simple silhouette and skyline, the text is all very clear and in good fonts, and the V in Vagina is placed very cleverly.

I think the [{ and }] brackets are kind of immature, but I'm not sure if those are symbols that the V-Day movement embraces. If so, I think they're used well here. If not, it's my only criticism.

Edit: That appears to be an official logo. No worries on that front, then.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I understand the 'look' you were trying to achieve, but the visuals and composition of the elements are not very compelling and the typefaces don't fit well with that particular aesthetic.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe it loses something not being full-sized, but other than the V-Day logo, there are only two fonts on the whole poster. I needed the skyline, or at least some local tie-in. My direction was to either use the Raleigh skyline, or an acorn (a local symbol) tatoo on the figure. The acorn was going to be too small to notice, so I stuck with the skyline.

Anyway, this is what the ladies wanted and they loved the final product. Like I said, it's not the style I'd normally do.

Still, thanks for the input. The suggestions are all pretty good. Oh, I'll remove the gradients for the version they need for their t-shirts.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived