New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

The shade of teal the Marlins use isn't good enough to be used in big areas (cap, helmet, undershirt) because it's gaudy. The 1996-1999 uniforms were the best for them because of the limited, but not overuse of teal.

You say "gaudy" like its a bad thing :P . MLB needs more gaudy these days. If I see one more team in black or navy I'm gonna throw up.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Mariners' Northwest Green.

It's been this color in print since 1993:

PLS_329_C_SRGB.png

And since the MLB started designating Pantone Textile colors in 1996, the textile/fabric color has been this:

PTX_18-4936_TCX_SRGB.png

Certainly the colors we're seeing on the field have sometimes looked different than these...photography, lighting, etc. all play a part, but so does the fact that manufacturing standards and more specifically dye lots can change from time to time. And - how do we know that Majestic and New Era even really care about these designated color standards?

I just present what the color standards are, but the reality of these various hues are anyone's guess.

I know NewEra uses an identical shade of teal for the two teams. So at least for cap purposes (in recent years) they are both teal.

That may be, but they weren't the same shade. New Era messed up for the Marlins throwbacks (which are actually fashion caps). We call the Marlins' color teal, but it's not. The original color (not sure if it's changed since then) was more of an aqua. It's much lighter than the Mariners' teal.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

For comparison sake, and to keep somewhat on-topic, here is the Marlins' "Marlin Blue" (they don't call it Teal officially):

Solid/spot color:

PLS_320_C_SRGB.png

Textile color:

PTX_17-4928_TCX_SRGB.png

thanks CWX, I thought the teal and northwest green were similar (which I guess they kind of are in a sense) but for the most part they are NOT the same. Interesting.

"I agree that the colors of the stadium are not going to be the Marlins actual colors. I think the idea of the stadium's colors being of the spectrum is smart, but for that array of colors to be on a jersey is very odd. I know there is going to be orange. There's no way that the official site(http://florida.marli...ex.jsp?c_id=fla) could have so much orange. There will be black. The only question in my mind is teal. I predict it will be black and orange like everyone else says. However, I don't think the colors will just be orange and black. There is probably going to be a third color. It should definitely be teal or a darker green, don't get me wrong. I fear that it might be blue or something. That scares me. If you ask me, the Marlins best look was from 1996-2002. The color balance was perfect. The previous look and the current look were two polar opposites. 1993-1995 was too much teal. 2003-present is too much black. I mean wayyyyy to much black. It reminds me of the Chicago White Sox."

That's what I said three weeks ago:

Now I hear all of these rumors about "rainbow guts" or using a wide array of colors on a uniform and I start to think. Will it look like this?

togqfgyyi1awg0j11cdwdoske.gif

tew9qo7fxijh5xq8fgi0thhda.gif

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

so i know that I've heard on here that Orange and Black will be somehow involved in the new colors, but on the team website, the background is all orange and black. nothing else. am i wayyy over thinking it or do we have a knew primary orange and black team like the orioles and giants? you can pounce on me if i am totally wrong and somethings been confirmed already

Nobody credible has used the term "rainbow guts". IIRC that's just been baseless speculation thrown out there by people who have nothing to go on. The only credible descriptions that we've gotten is that they will look like creamsicles, so light orange and white, and that there will be the other colors in there somewhere, and that it really doesn't look like what we typically associate with a baseball jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How can I say this.

There is a multicolored feature on some versions of the logo set.

I wonder if it is used as the backdrop of the logo; kind of like a sunset behind a marlin jumping out of the ocean or something like that. That might make the use of light orange along with some other colors seem more appropriate as far as the logo goes.

Rainbow guts are a beautiful thing.

But they belong in Houston.

Rainbow guts ARE where they belong, in the past.

You're right... MLB looks much better now. :rolleyes: Maybe soon we can have every team wearing navy or black, instead of just 90%.

Unique doesn't always mean good. In this case it means horrifyingly bad.

I think that the rainbow racing stripe thing would work well for a Florida team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived