New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tip to one of the all-knowing:

Next time life takes you out of town, create a new account and post all the deets from a public library. They'll never be able to trace it back to you!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm thinking everyone is just saying they suck when really they're gonna be awesome, kind of a red herring.

I'm in complete denial, but it's better than accepting the truth.

Well, I'm in denial that they're going away from the teal. Hate to see it go.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'm thinking everyone is just saying they suck when really they're gonna be awesome, kind of a red herring.

Unfortunately, hints earlier in the thread say Mr. Loria is of the same mindset as Mr. Flynn in your avatar.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Agreed, I love the teal on the Marlins and it fits them so well. No other MLB teams use teal also, so it should be an obvious decision to keep the teal for the Marlins, but all signs point towards no teal in the new look. Hopefully those signs are wrong and the Marlins keep the teal.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

Guys, quit lamenting the death of the Marlins' teal like the Dolphins are going to start dressing as the '76 Buccaneers. They effectively stopped wearing teal like eight years ago! Yeah, I'm really going to miss the thin teal trim between the silver and black trim around the black or silver scripts/names/numbers. Or how about the little bit of teal on the cap monogram? I don't want to live in a world where I can't stand three feet away from a Florida Marlins hat and notice that some of the non-silver, non-black embroidery is teal.

I'm bummed that they're going to go with all orange, because I think that's what the Astros should be doing instead. The rainbow stuff we divined from the stadium signage would've been really cool.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agreed, I love the teal on the Marlins and it fits them so well. No other MLB teams use teal also, so it should be an obvious decision to keep the teal for the Marlins, but all signs point towards no teal in the new look. Hopefully those signs are wrong and the Marlins keep the teal.

Felix+Hernandez+Chicago+White+Sox+v+Seattle+Zx86mqcNXUYl.jpg?

That should be closer to hunter green. That would be better for them.

I know Colorwerx should be confirming this but I believe that this ISN'T quite teal but instead its "Northwest Green" or something like that. It could be splitting hairs, but I've seen about a billion different photos over the years of the team wearing this color and it seems to be a different shade in each photo (more blue, more green, bluish green, etc.) I would love to know if this qualifies as teal, because I always thought teal has more of a blue hue and aqua had more of a green hue to it and I thought that the Marlins were the first and only MLB team to utilize teal in their uniforms.

I know Colorwerx should be confirming this but I believe that this ISN'T quite teal but instead its "Northwest Green" or something like that. It could be splitting hairs, but I've seen about a billion different photos over the years of the team wearing this color and it seems to be a different shade in each photo (more blue, more green, bluish green, etc.) I would love to know if this qualifies as teal, because I always thought teal has more of a blue hue and aqua had more of a green hue to it and I thought that the Marlins were the first and only MLB team to utilize teal in their uniforms.

From what I can remember seeing, they officially used northwest green in the beginning, and maybe even the first year of these, but then switched to this tealish color, while still calling it northwest green.

At least that's how it's thrown together in my head. I too defer to CWx for the official ruling.

From what I can remember seeing, they officially used northwest green in the beginning, and maybe even the first year of these, but then switched to this tealish color, while still calling it northwest green.

At least that's how it's thrown together in my head. I too defer to CWx for the official ruling.

I think Colorwerx definitely needs to help us on this one. I also think the color has changed throughout the years but I could be wrong.

I think Colorwerx definitely needs to help us on this one. I also think the color has changed throughout the years but I could be wrong.

I know NewEra uses an identical shade of teal for the two teams. So at least for cap purposes (in recent years) they are both teal.

They effectively stopped wearing teal like eight years ago!

Maybe my eyes are failing me, but I see an effective use of teal in their 2011 uni's. It works great as a secondary color with black.

marlins_teal.png

I guess that depends on your definition of "effective". I'm with the Admiral on this. To me, this is so little teal, especially considering what they started with, that it barely counts.

Maybe my eyes are failing me, but I see an effective use of teal in their 2011 uni's. It works great as a secondary color with black.

marlins_teal.png

I guess that depends on your definition of "effective". I'm with the Admiral on this. To me, this is so little teal, especially considering what they started with, that it barely counts.

It doesn't look good as an outline to black. To silver, however...

marlins_teal.png

I don't know if using teal as an accent color can really be considered as "using" teal; especially when one of the primary colors the team prominently utilized when it first came on the scene was...well...TEAL.

No, this is an effective use of teal:

278809_display_image.jpg

am06.jpg

The Marlins should have never stopped embracing the teal.

I don't know when these pictures were taken, but they only put teal to good use starting in 1996; the 1993-1995 set used too much teal. The shade of teal the Marlins use isn't good enough to be used in big areas (cap, helmet, undershirt) because it's gaudy. The 1996-1999 uniforms were the best for them because of the limited, but not overuse of teal.

The Mariners are the only team that look good in a teal uniform.

Archived