New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

There's something holding me back from liking them and I can't tell you what it is yet.

I do know that white lettering should never appear on a gray jersey. That would look so much better if they had just used the same black lettering from the white jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My one beef is the jersey numbers. They don't go with the rest of this set at all, it bugs me. Why not use a smoother type number font, hell why not just recycle the number font from the previous set? Just about anything's better than this.

Other than that one blemish, I think these look great. Especially the gray and orange unis. Good job Miami.

My one beef is the jersey numbers. They don't go with the rest of this set at all, it bugs me. Why not use a smoother type number font, hell why not just recycle the number font from the previous set? Just about anything's better than this.

Other than that one blemish, I think these look great. Especially the gray and orange unis. Good job Miami.

I agree - jersey numbers bother me.

Then again, aside from the Cubs and Bears, I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a single team whose uniforms wouldn't be improved with a block number font...

The numbers from the previous set would've looked good on these, but then people would probably be crying about the team getting lazy.

Still I like these a lot. I'm not even a Marlins fan but I'm probably gonna get one of those caps.

Honestly, I like the current number font. MLB Block would have been a TOTAL copout with this set and would have matched even less.

numb

I disagree. MLB block is a neutral font which can go with anything. This font was designed to match this wordmark and it's way off. Another problem is that the wordmarks and names/numbers are different colors. The gray and orange jerseys - white on the front, black on the back. Decide which color stands out more from the jersey color and go with it all around.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, block definitely isn't the way to go here. The numbers from the previous set would've looked good on these, but then people would probably be crying about the team getting lazy.

The numbers from the previous set were just MLB Block with an outline, IIRC.

Maybe I just don't know what block is, then. :(

I'm not a big fan of the orange alternate, but then again, I'm not a fan of the color orange to begin with. Of the jerseys, I like the road gray the best. I kinda like the white script on the gray jersey. It's just....different.

However, I think that orange cap should be adopted as the primary home hat. It goes perfectly with the home whites, especially since they've got orange trimmings. When I watch a baseball game, I'm always under the assumption that the home team's jerseys and caps should be brighter than the road teams. Especially with the white jerseys, they should "stand out" better. The black cap fits the road jerseys better, in my opinion.

One of you guys with artistic ability should do a comparison with the white jerseys worn with a black hat vs. white jerseys with an orange cap.

Wish all the letters matched the first 'M'. Also wish the numbers were unserifed and the names were a matching font. I don't really mind the letters on the away jersey. Makes the white on the cap logo stick out less. Probably would look better black though.

What bugs me (and I understand why it is the way it is) is that the first "M" has all the colors and the second M is the same as the I's and A.

Either have all letters in the same style or none of them.

I also don't like how on the orange uni the Marlin isn't on the M like it is in all the other sets.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Just like with the Padres, the Marlins made some last minute changes to their new look as well.

The BP uniforms were supposed to have different numbers than the rest of the set - white outlined in orange:

liw6ld5r1m9ecr99pap6yffiy.gif

And as mentioned by a couple of people on here already, the extra silver piping on the home uniform was eliminated.

I'll get to changing that shortly.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I kind of like these. A little different, but just fine. Jury is still out on the letters, but we'll probably get used to them.

And it's not like the basic concepts are new to us. I mean, we've been seeing these here for the last two or three months.

This set is a few small tweaks away from being very cool.

1. Change the "Miami" script on the gray road unis from white to black. White-on-grey looks weird.

2. Use "Marlins" on the home whites instead of "Miami".

3. Wear the orange cap for all home games, black cap for all road games... in other words, pair the orange cap with the white home jerseys.

4. Drop "Miami" from the primary logo. If you're not gonna design a real primary, don't phone it in. Use the "M" by itself, or design a real primary logo.

5. That number font... yikes. Not unlike the Nationals numbers, might be salvageable simply by dropping the inner beveling/shadowing.

Otherwise it's an improvement. Their previous set was bland and unmemorable. This is anything but.

Loved the "M" when I first saw it, still kind of do. However, these uniforms are AWFUL. Just a total mess. I hate how it reads as MI AMI on the uniforms, driving me crazy. Why isn't the same treatment applied to the IAMI that the M has? Make it flow. As said, those numbers are ridiculous. They aren't flashy, they're gaudy. Too gaudy. Kind of has an art deco feel which I'm sure was the intention, still sucks.

This could have been so, so much better.

I really do not like the new cap logo and I do not like the new uniforms- however I will say that the two alternates and the road jersey, they're not bad. I know white script on grey is odd but I think it actually looks great here. The only one that I really don't like is the home jersey because I think the black script actually looks really bad.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived