New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I'm just gonna sit back and watch how terrible we do next year. This is gonna be a huge distraction to especially the Latin players. Did you wee how happy Hanley Ramirez was when he came out? Sure it says Miami, but WTF who uses red-orange, blue and yellow in a color scheme. Keep the teal, get rid of black and bring the orange.

Players don't dwell on the uniforms as much as we do. If they suck, it won't be because of what they're wearing. That's just ridiculous.

Yeah, I don't think Hanley is gonna be thinking "Man, if I was wearing the old teal and black, my batting average would be 80 points higher"...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just gonna sit back and watch how terrible we do next year. This is gonna be a huge distraction to especially the Latin players. Did you wee how happy Hanley Ramirez was when he came out? Sure it says Miami, but WTF who uses red-orange, blue and yellow in a color scheme. Keep the teal, get rid of black and bring the orange.

Right, professional baseball players are literally going to be distracted by their uniforms and play badly as a result.

Just like the Cubs really didn't win in 2003 because of Steve Bartman.

Here are the textile colors (using the Pantone-specified color descriptions):

MiamiMarlins_FRC_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

I had to match the road uniform color myself...not sure if it's an exact match to what they will actually be wearing.

Now I'm not a fan of the black alternate because I think this redesign should embrace all their color, but the fact that they call their black "licorice" is supremely excellent.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I was just at the Select A Seat at the new ballpark and people are loving the orange jerseys and caps.

What???? Everything on the internet says they hate the stuff. You must not be mingling with real Marlins fans if they like it.

/total sarcasm

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was just at the Select A Seat at the new ballpark and people are loving the orange jerseys and caps.

What???? Everything on the internet says they hate the stuff. You must not be mingling with real Marlins fans if they like it.

/total sarcasm

These must be the same people that enjoyed Pitbull as the musical entertainment for the evening!

I'll tell you when these new uniforms will really look ridiculous...when they broadcast the Marlins playing against the Giants, Dodgers or Cardinals.

You could check out anytime you like, but you could never leave.

This is gonna be a huge distraction to especially the Latin players. Did you wee how happy Hanley Ramirez was when he came out?

This is rich. "We can't trust the Latins to wear vibrant colors! They'll be too excitable!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This set from the Marlins is going to go down with the original Devil Rays set as two of the most original but unsustainable logo and jersey combinations in baseball. I feel like the took the opposite step of the Rays who went from original and wild to classy.

I love the set. There are a few small tweaks I'd make, but overall its a huge upgrade and they took a risk that 99% of professional sports teams don't have the balls to do. The orange hat is absolutely gorgeous.

To me, it's accomplished all it set out to do.

This Marlins thread has 2188 replies.

The Padres thread has 205.

Who do you think will sell more merchandise this year? To Loria, ANY publicity is good publicity for what was one of the most irrelevant teams in baseball. If they took the easy route, put the Marlin in a "baseball club" roundel, and changed the colours to blue and red, I guarantee everyone would be complaning that they were boring (like the Padres).

Kudos, Marlins.

I guess I need to keep stating this...those Textile descriptions are what Pantone calls them, not the teams.

The Marlins dont call their Black "Licorice"; Pantone does.

In fact, every team in the MLB who uses Black uses the textile-equivalent of "Licorice".

I think this whole marlins thing is working, at least on some fronts.

Marlins black hat: 427 Facebook likes

Yankees on field hat: 429 Facebook likes.

The Marlins have had 20 hours to be liked, Yankees have had years to be liked.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I haven't seen it stated anywhere, but the numbers that have been revealed is a font very close to the late 80's/early 90's Cavs, which is ironic since so many people tied in this redesign with the Cav's swooshy redesign of 1994/95. I feel like my use of "Century Bold" - the script font - in the numbers on the concept that I made would have fit the overall design a lot better. Or maybe I'm just biased, who knows...

ccMark_Price.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

98Falcons.png

Guys, I know for a fact that this is not the new Marlins logo and uniforms. -Icethetics

:)

THIS is how large the cap logo should be...found this for sale at the link below. I pray this is what they end up wearing...

pMLB2-11591755dt.jpg

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12281894&cp=12337441.12351671

My gods, that's beautiful.

'47 Brand caps are the best. I only wish they made some caps in navy blue.

I love the set. There are a few small tweaks I'd make, but overall its a huge upgrade and they took a risk that 99% of professional sports teams don't have the balls to do. The orange hat is absolutely gorgeous.

To me, it's accomplished all it set out to do.

This Marlins thread has 2188 replies.

The Padres thread has 205.

Who do you think will sell more merchandise this year? To Loria, ANY publicity is good publicity for what was one of the most irrelevant teams in baseball. If they took the easy route, put the Marlin in a "baseball club" roundel, and changed the colours to blue and red, I guarantee everyone would be complaning that they were boring (like the Padres).

Kudos, Marlins.

Padres is 2 days old, this thread is 11 months old.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This set does has its share of flaws (fonts, etc.), but it's at least something that stands out. It's unique, and that's what you aim for when you rebrand.

It makes good use of bright colors, as even on black, the beveling colors stand out. I love the orange and light blue together. I think we'll see some refining (e.g., making the "M" on the orange hat black, more sky blue, simplifying of the beveling colors, making the fonts more consistent, taking the marlin off the main logo and using it elsewhere) after a couple of years. I just wished they kept teal and went with some order of black/teal/orange; that would have really set them apart. But as always, I'll reserve my judgement for when I see them in action.

I like that Orange hat, as well. MLB needs more color.

EDIT: Looks like red-orange is being used by another major sports team (NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder was first).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I hate the usage of black. It seems to have such a potential to be a bright vibrant identity, but black completely muddles the entire look, especially when its displayed so prominently as the primary cap. The wordmarks need work as has been said several times.

I thought the same originally, but they actually pop more off the black. It really gives an appearance of Miami at night.

I dont have a problem with the black on the logo, but the cap and the jersey is a bit much. It shouldnt be more than a trim color IMO. A teal hat would have worked wonderfully with this set, but I guess they want to get away from teal as much as possible which is something I dont understand.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It's obvious - the teal wasn't selling.

The team said as much last year - black merchandise was moving and teal wasn't, so they were going to base the new identity around black. First we heard black and orange, then black and silver. Obviously the former was true.

Personally, I would have rather they used light blue (not teal) as the second color instead of orange, but that's because I love blue in all its forms. I can understand the choice they made, and despite my few quibbles I think this is a fantastic set and clear upgrade over any of their past identifies.

Here are the textile colors (using the Pantone-specified color descriptions):

MiamiMarlins_FRC_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

I had to match the road uniform color myself...not sure if it's an exact match to what they will actually be wearing.

Aren't all teams moving to the same road shade?

Archived