New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Just like with the Padres, the Marlins made some last minute changes to their new look as well.

And as mentioned by a couple of people on here already, the extra silver piping on the home uniform was eliminated.

Good thing, too - the thin orange piping looks great against the white jersey. And it's distinct from the Orioles and Giants, both of which use black-and-orange piping.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's obvious - the teal wasn't selling.

The team said as much last year - black merchandise was moving and teal wasn't, so they were going to base the new identity around black.

That claim is dubious at best coming from Loria and Co. I don't know how well teal was selling or not when they took over, but Loria made it known that he hated the color from the beginning. He got the team in 2002, and the first chance he got (2003) he minimized the teal to one of four outlines on the numbers. That eliminated all diamond collection (or whatever it's called now) merchandise and relegated teal to a few shirts and caps. And when he made the claim a few months ago, that nobody bought the teal, I checked their official store to find that they didn't have a single teal item, not even a throwback or fashion cap, which are big sellers from New Era. Not even a coffee mug. It's easy to say nobody buys teal when you completely eliminate it from the team's official online store. I don't know if there is an overwhelming call from the fanbase to bring back (or re-emphasize at the time) the teal, but I know that Loria hated it and was going to get rid of it no matter how the fans felt.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The team said as much last year - black merchandise was moving and teal wasn't, so they were going to base the new identity around black.

That claim is dubious at best coming from Loria and Co. I don't know how well teal was selling or not when they took over, but Loria made it known that he hated the color from the beginning. He got the team in 2002, and the first chance he got (2003) he minimized the teal to one of four outlines on the numbers. That eliminated all diamond collection (or whatever it's called now) merchandise and relegated teal to a few shirts and caps. And when he made the claim a few months ago, that nobody bought the teal, I checked their official store to find that they didn't have a single teal item, not even a throwback or fashion cap, which are big sellers from New Era. Not even a coffee mug. It's easy to say nobody buys teal when you completely eliminate it from the team's official online store. I don't know if there is an overwhelming call from the fanbase to bring back (or re-emphasize at the time) the teal, but I know that Loria hated it and was going to get rid of it no matter how the fans felt.

Maybe Loria hated the color from the beginning because he quickly saw black sold better than teal? He is a businessman after all...

6fQjS3M.png

Hey guys, I know that Pitbull performed last night, and that the team had their official unveiling and everything, but is there a chance they might go back to black and teal next season?

The more I see, the more I like. Baseball needs a little color. The Marlin are only 20 years old, they're allowed to show a little chutzpah on the field.

And I'll say it again. The HR celebration thing is going to be all kinds of holy :censored:ing awesome. I think some of you guys just like to bitch for the sake of bitching.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah, I wouldn't believe that claim either coming from Loria. Teal wasn't selling, because they weren't selling teal. Think about that.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The team said as much last year - black merchandise was moving and teal wasn't, so they were going to base the new identity around black. First we heard black and orange, then black and silver. Obviously the former was true.

Personally, I would have rather they used light blue (not teal) as the second color instead of orange, but that's because I love blue in all its forms. I can understand the choice they made, and despite my few quibbles I think this is a fantastic set and clear upgrade over any of their past identifies.

Here are the textile colors (using the Pantone-specified color descriptions):

MiamiMarlins_FRC_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

I had to match the road uniform color myself...not sure if it's an exact match to what they will actually be wearing.

Aren't all teams moving to the same road shade?

Textile-wise, anyone wearing COOLBASE is wearing a single shade of grey. It only comes in one shade. Teams' designation of their official grey may vary, but in reality the Marlins' grey is the same as the Rangers' grey.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I had to match the road uniform color myself...not sure if it's an exact match to what they will actually be wearing.

Now I'm not a fan of the black alternate because I think this redesign should embrace all their color, but the fact that they call their black "licorice" is supremely excellent.

The Marlins Reciept I got last night at the stadium actually listed the orange cap as "MARLINS RED". I guess they went with the brightest shade of red/darkest orange possible. I like it. It's awesome. The hat would look odd with a smaller logo.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Hey guys, I know that Pitbull performed last night, and that the team had their official unveiling and everything, but is there a chance they might go back to black and teal next season?

Maybe, especially if "Miami" on the roads is only intended to be for the first couple years. Light blue is still in the scheme, so they could easily swap the two colors.

The new set has the following:

- Black for black sake

- Inconsistency throughout

- Gaudy and multi-colored

Yet, half the posters on THIS site(wtf!) like them. I don't get it.

There's nothing to like about them. Nothing.

How is it BFBS? Was the last set BFBS? They've had black throughout their entire histort. It's part of the entire rebrand, it's obviously incorperated throughout the whole set so I don't see your logic, here.

The new set has the following:

- Black for black sake

- Inconsistency throughout

- Gaudy and multi-colored

Yet, half the posters on THIS site(wtf!) like them. I don't get it.

There's nothing to like about them. Nothing.

How is it BFBS? Was the last set BFBS? They've had black throughout their entire histort. It's part of the entire rebrand, it's obviously incorperated throughout the whole set so I don't see your logic, here.

Obivously you've never seen the 1993-1996 uniforms. Teal pinstripes, teal lettering, and teal hat. Pure beauty. Although I agree that the 1997-2003 look was more balanced and much prefered IMO.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

It's becoming clear why no one ever went to Marlins games before. Just based on reaction around here, they have some terrible fans who seem to think that what they believe are bad uniforms, are gonna cause the team to suck and therefore it's the end of the world. That and they can't maturely criticize a new identity for a 20 year old team that hasn't really had a "great" identity for half their existence. This isn't like removing Yankees pinstripes or the birds on the bat or the Old English D. It's the Marlins. You can hate it, but your not getting any credibility or sympathy when you whine like a little kid.

True enough. If Marlins fans are abandoning them because of a rebrand, they wouldn't be recognized as fans in many ballparks.

I can sympathize, but only to a point. I've hated my ballclub's logo and uniforms since 2000. They're hideous. I won't buy them. But neither have I ceased to be a fan of the club.

Besides, as to that list - black has been part of the set from the beginning. You can't fault them for keeping it now unless you're also willing to slam them for earlier designs.

The team said as much last year - black merchandise was moving and teal wasn't, so they were going to base the new identity around black. First we heard black and orange, then black and silver. Obviously the former was true.

Personally, I would have rather they used light blue (not teal) as the second color instead of orange, but that's because I love blue in all its forms. I can understand the choice they made, and despite my few quibbles I think this is a fantastic set and clear upgrade over any of their past identifies.

Aren't all teams moving to the same road shade?

Textile-wise, anyone wearing COOLBASE is wearing a single shade of grey. It only comes in one shade. Teams' designation of their official grey may vary, but in reality the Marlins' grey is the same as the Rangers' grey.

All of the official files show different shades...mostly 429 C, 421 C or 443 C, but a few designate some off-the-beaten path values (Padres, D-Backs, Marlins).

I store the values I find in the official files, but yeah - the COOLBASE thing has made all of that moot.

This team sucks. Ugly as hell logos and wordmarks all around and terrible colors. They could have had a good color palette, but they screwed that up too, by having too many bright colors competing for attention.

I have to say - I have a lot of friends who are sports fans, none of whom are big on logos/unis like myself, but they all agree that they want to have that orange hat. I have plenty of problems with this set, but aesthetically it has it's pluses - I plan on buying the orange hat and most everyone I have talked to will either do the same or wishes they could but don't want to spend $35 to get it. Say what you will about this set from our standpoint, but as far as marketing goes, I think the Marlins may have hit a home run here...

Archived