New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

That has to be the worst baseball uniform I have ever seen.

At least some of the awful ones before this had some sort of character or something to them, even if they were poorly done.

This one is just awful.

Visually annoying, nonsensical, disjointed, looks thrown together in 30 seconds.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I know that Pitbull performed last night, and that the team had their official unveiling and everything, but is there a chance they might go back to black and teal next season?

Maybe, especially if "Miami" on the roads is only intended to be for the first couple years. Light blue is still in the scheme, so they could easily swap the two colors.

You of all people should have known I was being sarcastic.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's becoming clear why no one ever went to Marlins games before. Just based on reaction around here, they have some terrible fans who seem to think that what they believe are bad uniforms, are gonna cause the team to suck and therefore it's the end of the world. That and they can't maturely criticize a new identity for a 20 year old team that hasn't really had a "great" identity for half their existence. This isn't like removing Yankees pinstripes or the birds on the bat or the Old English D. It's the Marlins. You can hate it, but your not getting any credibility or sympathy when you whine like a little kid.

Please don't judge us on a handful of VERY vocal "fans". The vast majority on the site I visit of true marlin fans range the uniforms from tolerate it to like it. It also seems like the majority can also express themselves without sounding, well, like the majority that are bitching about it. For some reason everyone loves the Orange. I haven't figured that out since its my least favorite.

My thoughts on the new identity:

- Home uniforms should have said 'Marlins'

- White lettering looks awful on the road greys

- I have no clue why they went with that number font.

- I really dig the orange uniform set... especially the hat... and could also double as crossing guard attire.

- I do find it interesting that the colours of marlin on the orange set is reversed from the home and road sets

I saw, I came, I left.

On the bright side the name change, makes "Back to the Future" II slightly more correct. Although there are no hover boards, and the team in the the National League, and not called the "Gators".

Ya, but I don't think the Cubs will be 2015 World Champions.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

. This isn't like removing Yankees pinstripes or the birds on the bat or the Old English D. It's the Marlins.

You know, I've seen this argument for a few "newer" teams, and I think it's a crap argument. You're suggesting that since they weren't founded before... oh, 1930... that they should always keep changing and never build any history?

(Never mind the insinuation that because it's for a newer team that we should all freaking love it. Sorry, I still think it's a steaming heap of dung.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't know. I'm not a Loria fan, but mostly because I see him putting profit before everything else.

I don't see him leaving money on the table. If teal merchandise was selling, teal would be his favorite color.

Loria is an art collector whose pretentiousness knows no bounds. He said repeatedly that teal was a '90s color. He didn't like it, so he got rid of it. As I said before, MLB merchandise sales are split equally between the teams, with the exception being gear sold in official team shops. Since barely any people went to Marlins games, barely any people bought teal OR black Marlins gear from their shops. I don't think it would behoove a team to change uniforms just to gain 3% of whatever extra sales they might get. The Marlins get way more money off Yankees hats purchased than any of their stuff, and that won't change.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The new set has the following:

- Black for black sake

- Inconsistency throughout

- Gaudy and multi-colored

Yet, half the posters on THIS site(wtf!) like them. I don't get it.

There's nothing to like about them. Nothing.

So, apparently, everyone here has to be just like you and like what you like and dislike what you like?

If there's one kind of comment that I hate, it's egotistical comments like this one. "My opinion is right, your opinion is wrong. You're not allowed to like this because I don't like it."

Grow up.

True enough. If Marlins fans are abandoning them because of a rebrand, they wouldn't be recognized as fans in many ballparks.

I can sympathize, but only to a point. I've hated my ballclub's logo and uniforms since 2000. They're hideous. I won't buy them. But neither have I ceased to be a fan of the club.

Besides, as to that list - black has been part of the set from the beginning. You can't fault them for keeping it now unless you're also willing to slam them for earlier designs.

I hear ya. I've remained a die-hard Bengals fan despite uniforms that make me cringe. I'll even go so far as to say that it saddens me to know that the variations of the 1981-2003 sets will probably never see the light of day again, but I'll always love the team, even in their Halloween pajamas.

As for the Marlins, use the orange cap full-time, get rid of the white lettering on the roads, and SHRINK THE CAP LOGO, and they're not too bad.

The new set has the following:

- Black for black sake

- Inconsistency throughout

- Gaudy and multi-colored

Yet, half the posters on THIS site(wtf!) like them. I don't get it.

There's nothing to like about them. Nothing.

So, apparently, everyone here has to be just like you and like what you like and dislike what you like?

If there's one kind of comment that I hate, it's egotistical comments like this one. "My opinion is right, your opinion is wrong. You're not allowed to like this because I don't like it."

Grow up.

Couldn't agree more. I know that the unveiling of a new logo always beings an immediate emotional response, but that's no excuse for attacking or belittling fellow posters.

I saw a few people wearing the new merchandise (an orange jersey and hat) yestderday, and I have to say that in person, the it looks great. I didn't think I'd like the orange and it really does look awesome. Also, the more I see the logo, the more it's growing on me. I think people just has a problem with change. People that are complaining about it would have complained about anything new. Those who are freaking out about the change just need to accept it and move on. Sure there are some minor stuff I'd change too, but whatever, I'm sure the look will continue to evolve.

I saw a few people wearing the new merchandise (an orange jersey and hat) yestderday, and I have to say that in person, the it looks great. I didn't think I'd like the orange and it really does look awesome. Also, the more I see the logo, the more it's growing on me. I think people just has a problem with change. People that are complaining about it would have complained about anything new. Those who are freaking out about the change just need to accept it and move on. Sure there are some minor stuff I'd change too, but whatever, I'm sure the look will continue to evolve.

That's exactly what I have been pushing. I think a large group were goin to hate them from the onset because they hate changes.

I have to say - I have a lot of friends who are sports fans, none of whom are big on logos/unis like myself, but they all agree that they want to have that orange hat. I have plenty of problems with this set, but aesthetically it has it's pluses - I plan on buying the orange hat and most everyone I have talked to will either do the same or wishes they could but don't want to spend $35 to get it. Say what you will about this set from our standpoint, but as far as marketing goes, I think the Marlins may have hit a home run here...

...in the bottom of the ninth with two outs down by ten.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

All my friends and family in South Florida who have been Marlins fans forever absolutely hates them, one person said they wouldnt even go to games if they were giving away free tickets lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived