New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Marlons wearing their black tops and orange hats tonight.

And it looks hideous. That is NOT a good combo.

Looks terrible

:puke:

Indeed. This particular combo (orange cap, black jersey, white pants) could definitely be a contender for worst MLB uniform of all time. It looks like someone vomited on my screen. And it's made even worse with them playing the muted traditional colors of the Yankees even in their BP/ST uniforms.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orange on orange would be a winner. Orange on black looks like little league. Black on orange looks good, but the Giants and possibly Orioles already do that. Keep the pairing orange pieces together and they're golden. I'd say orange on white, but the white M looks odd with the black lettering on the jersey. Maybe a few times would be fine.

In general, a hat should not be lighter than the jersey. (Colored jersey, white cap combination at home being one exception.) What makes this combo look even worse is that the hat is mostly white on orange while the jersey is mostly white on black. If the script was orange and the M cap logo was black, it wouldn't look as odd, but still, this combo is horrible.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm sure they're going to play mix-and-match all year long. On yesterday's broadcast, the announcers said the Marlins have set up a mannequin in the clubhouse with that game's uniform combo so the players know what to wear.

Personally, I love the orange lids and I can't wait to see them paired with the all-white home unis. That will be a great looking set.

I'm sure they're going to play mix-and-match all year long. On yesterday's broadcast, the announcers said the Marlins have set up a mannequin in the clubhouse with that game's uniform combo so the players know what to wear.

Personally, I love the orange lids and I can't wait to see them paired with the all-white home unis. That will be a great looking set.

As much as I hate the Marlins new unis, the orange cap is interesting and works well with the city of Miami. The black cap and black in the entire scheme for that matter is useless and boring. It was the same way with the Florida Marlins.

Well, it looks like they'll be playing mix-and-match all year with their jerseys and hats. But hopefully we don't see this combo too often, I'd have to guess it's the worst one they have. The orange hat will look good with both the orange and white jerseys, and possibly even with the gray. The black hat will end up looking fine with all of their jerseys.

EDIT: Love that the sprung for orange batting helmets. One of the most annoying things about MLB uniforms is when a team's helmets don't match the hats they're wearing that game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The orange high socks on reliever Steve Cishek look great.

I have to agree with ya. I can't wait to see the high socks with the home whites and orange hats.

Anyone catch a screen grab or get a picture of him? I'd like to see how the socks possibly balance it out.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I was surprised to see this when I turned the game on earlier. Glad to see the orange cap won't be ignored after all. The fact that they have matching helmets likely means they weren't just doing this for the exhibition.

I don't mind the combo... for the Marlins. Everybody says they need to look different from the Giants and Orioles, but the minute they go non-traditional, it's the worst thing in the world. Honestly, I thought it looked okay on players who wore orange sleeves (or even the orange wristbands above). At any rate, you'll know it's the Marlins if you see this combo, just like the mismatched red cap, blue lettering Rangers or the black vest with black (or preferably purple) sleeves Rockies. These teams don't need to go traditional. IMO.

Archived