New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Looks like they were going for the 80's beach/tourist look (see below). Plain wordmarks, ugly colors, overall fail. Only thing that is decent about it is the actual Marlin icon but it's overshadowed by the suckiness of the rest of it. Gets lost in the shuffle. Hopefully they use it by itself sometime down the road.

images-PRODUCT-large-4047.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://tess2.uspto.g...4007:sv1rv.5.58

Found a ton of Miami Marlins marks (most abandoned) but this one is owned by the Florida Marlins and is for the purpose of "...conducting an array of athletic events..."

It's from April 2010, so I doubt this is the new mark, but probably someone more familiar with TESS and how to search can get to hunting for something.

It's saying not available. Did you save the pic?

No, but it was just a very basic serifed MIAMI MARLINS wordmark. Really nothing exciting.

There were no serifs on the one I saw.

The MLB Style Guide website has finally begun use of its 2012 uniform/logo URL, but it just sends me back to the login screen for now.

My question for Showtime029, meetthemets, Unwind, et al. -- how are you able to see the new Marlins look if it's not on the site yet? Insider info? Other?

They will be released on the style guide website, the latest, September 15th. I've seen all of the changes for all teams along with the scheduled unveilings

for all teams if any.

Looks like they were going for the 80's beach/tourist look (see below). Plain wordmarks, ugly colors, overall fail. Only thing that is decent about it is the actual Marlin icon but it's overshadowed by the suckiness of the rest of it. Gets lost in the shuffle. Hopefully they use it by itself sometime down the road.

Hey, that might not be so bad.

Either I like their look or I can point and laugh at a team I despise looking like crap. Really, it's win/win for me!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The MLB Style Guide website has finally begun use of its 2012 uniform/logo URL, but it just sends me back to the login screen for now.

My question for Showtime029, meetthemets, Unwind, et al. -- how are you able to see the new Marlins look if it's not on the site yet? Insider info? Other?

They will be released on the style guide website, the latest, September 15th. I've seen all of the changes for all teams along with the scheduled unveilings

for all teams if any.

I have access as part of my job. I've seen the Marlins and Jays so far.

for all teams if any.

Maybe you set next to me? :shocked:

for all teams if any.

Maybe you set next to me? :shocked:

Hahaha I doubt it.

for all teams if any.

Do they actually use BLUE this time?

The colors alone in the image you posted are making me question their ideas behind this whole identity repackage process. In other words, they are bound to be the next big epic failure!

Do they actually use BLUE this time?

They are for the traditionalist.

I'm not sure I like the sound of that. If by traditionalist you mean early 90s stick letters, then to me it's going to be a letdown. At least it appears that blue will be their main color again.

Archived