New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How funny would it be if the Marlins went through all of this hullabaloo with the new unis, colors, ballpark w/ the Fishstravaganza in the outfield, new everything and still decided to wear the black unis & black hats most of the time?

How funny would it be if the Marlins went through all of this hullabaloo with the new unis, colors, ballpark w/ the Fishstravaganza in the outfield, new everything and still decided to wear the black unis & black hats most of the time?

I wouldn't be surprised actually... the players probably prefer wearing black over bright orange.

I wouldn't be surprised actually... the players probably prefer wearing black over bright orange.

Orange is one of those colors that, in any sport, should be kept to alternate status. At least when it comes to jerseys. It's great, as long as it's in small doses.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Watched some highlights from local news cameras, and the BP numbers looked like they were fuzzy. Something about the stitching seems to swell off of the jersey material.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Two things after actually seeing the unis in action:

1. Is the whole wordmark really just tackle twill? Some parts of it look really shiny and almost plastic-y.

2. Goddamn that's a giant logo on the hat.

It's just layered twill on the authentics.

There's a good article in SBJ about the design process for the uniforms. The Marlins originally wanted a more abstract Marlins resembling the Nike swoosh and 7 primary colors. A focus group forced them to tone down the number of colors. The initial design went through 29 variations. It has a few early drafts too.

1997 | 2003

The Marlins originally wanted a more abstract Marlins resembling the Nike swoosh and 7 primary colors. A focus group forced them to tone down the number of colors.

Ahh, I knew it. Never trust a focus group.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Have they worn their road grays yet? I so badly want to see how the white lettering works against the gray background, but they seem to wear their stupid black alt all the time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's a good article in SBJ about the design process for the uniforms. The Marlins originally wanted a more abstract Marlins resembling the Nike swoosh and 7 primary colors. A focus group forced them to tone down the number of colors. The initial design went through 29 variations. It has a few early drafts too.

Do you have a link to that article? I'd like to read it.

I'm curious as to how the marlin could be more abstract and swooshy than it already is. Anything more abstract wouldn't even look like a fish. Maybe we'll get to see some of these unused designs one day, like we did with the 2006 Sabres and Ducks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'd love to be able to read this article.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Have they worn their road grays yet? I so badly want to see how the white lettering works against the gray background, but they seem to wear their stupid black alt all the time.

I thought of this last night. While it's entirely likely that they are only wearing the black jerseys on the road thus far because that's all they wanted to wear (they notoriously wore the old black jerseys all the damn time), it is also possible they don't even have the grey jerseys yet. We are talking about Majestic, who have had problems with production in the past. They could still be producing greys for the team to wear on the next road trip.

Or it's possible they didn't bother to pack them for the first road trip. That would be my guess.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I know the team just shipped out the whites during spring training to get the Stadium Patch added to it. It almost seems like someone let the patch idea fall through then remembered it last minute. Its possible that they didnt have the greys ready and maybe they did the Whites, Blacks and Oranges first because they have been used up to this point, atleast in exhibition.

I think its more likely than not that the team just likes black jerseys better. You know after they switched the road jersey to say Marlins in 2010, the team still hardly wore them, you think being that its new merchandise that they would have wanted to "advertise" it more. Is there some kind of mandate by the league that a team must have a grey road jersey?

im still upset that i have only seen the orange hat once. i think it is one of, if not the, best aspect of the new uniforms (especially since they have a matching helmet). While i think that this hat should really only be worn at home (either on sunday or day games or something)...it would be nice to see some of the new colors on the team. in a way, right now it appears that the only difference to the marlins uniforms on the road is the substitution of orange for color, otherwise it appears the same as last year's road with the black alt top.

Miami.png

I know the team just shipped out the whites during spring training to get the Stadium Patch added to it. It almost seems like someone let the patch idea fall through then remembered it last minute. Its possible that they didnt have the greys ready and maybe they did the Whites, Blacks and Oranges first because they have been used up to this point, atleast in exhibition.

I think its more likely than not that the team just likes black jerseys better. You know after they switched the road jersey to say Marlins in 2010, the team still hardly wore them, you think being that its new merchandise that they would have wanted to "advertise" it more. Is there some kind of mandate by the league that a team must have a grey road jersey?

There doesn't appear to be a mandate for a grey, but teams are "strongly encouraged" to not wear identical jerseys in regular season games anymore. That's why you rarely see the black-black or navy-black jersey matchups of the past. I remember the White Sox wore black in Oakland in 2010 against the black-clad A's, and someone did it once again last season, but it's becoming more rare.

A team could hypothetically have a colored jersey for the road, and force the home team to alter its alternate schedule if there is a clash or ignore it altogether.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived