New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so we have seen the orange cap only one time. we know they intend to use it because of the fact that they have an orange helmet...but when are they going to wear them? is it going to be random? cause if random is the case, then we have seen almost all the uniform combinations and still no orange hat since the opener.

Miami.png

That second from the left logo reminds me of something transportation based. Like I would see it on an airplane, or the side of an 18 wheeler.

They all look like they were trying to design a logo for a mall or a transit system. Only the full-bodied marlin in the middle looks decent for a team logo.

YES.

Something had been bugging me about most of those, but I couldn't place what. You've nailed it, they all look like they should be on the side of buses.

I think they would fit in perfectly on the side of one of those white trucks.

And I don't remember this being mentioned, but their logo reminds me a lot of the Bowie Baysox (which uses copperplate; better go post that in the copperplate scavenger hunt thread).

4987.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There's a good article in SBJ about the design process for the uniforms. The Marlins originally wanted a more abstract Marlins resembling the Nike swoosh and 7 primary colors. A focus group forced them to tone down the number of colors. The initial design went through 29 variations. It has a few early drafts too.

I'd absolutely love to read this article. But I'm not paying $259 to subscribe to read it, and they're one of those oh-so-savory-and-trustworthy paywalled newssites that give non-functional trial subscriptions. If they didn't require a full year at a time and/or allowed me to truly see what they're capable of, I might very well have given up the money for it. Instead, I'm hoping that their crap business practice and clear non-understanding of digital content distribution bites them in the ass.

I believe the free trial is a week delayed, you may be able to read them now-

Never the less,

No fan wants it to happen to their team ? not in their backyard.

Whenever a pro team introduces a new primary logo, the reaction is immediate, virulent and unmistakably negative. So when the Miami (nee Florida) Marlins? new logo was leaked last October, much of the digital sport logo hoi polloi pounded on the trademark like they would a mouse if it appeared in a children?s nursery.

Need evidence? At the risk of lending credibility to any of these outlets, here?s a sampling of the initial response.

[snipping full article.]

wtzi9v.jpg

To the mods' edit- it's not longer a paid article. It's part of a free trial. Nevertheless--- I won't repost it.

What's up with the third one in from the right? Is it supposed to look like pelicans or some other tropical bird (toucan?). Weird. Really weird.

I was a pretty big fan of the Marlins logo and uniforms when they came out. But the more I see them on TV, the more I'm starting to dislike them. I honestly cannot say why, but there's just something about them on the field that seems off. Am I the only one feeling this way?

I think it might be the number font that has no business withy the rest of the set. I wish they would've used more blue and introduced a blue cap. Also the piping looks kinda weird

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Number one mistake, going to the Cleavlander expecting to watch the ballgame when your there to give your thoughts on the stadium. You sit in the actually bowl if you want to get that experience.

This is the first time Ive actually heard the seats referred to as "purplish". Perplexing considering they are a deep blue.

this guy loses all creditation when he says loria moved montreal to south florida...

Actually, most of the Expos' operations, employees, and property were transferred to the Marlins in 2003. The Expos organization that MLB bought was an empty husk. I don't think anything was left except the roster and the IP.

EDIT: yeah, reading the article,

Jeffrey Loria, the man who ripped the infrastructure of a professional baseball team in Montreal and moved it to South Florida

is right on point.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

this guy loses all creditation when he says loria moved montreal to south florida...

Actually, most of the Expos' operations, employees, and property were transferred to the Marlins in 2003. The Expos organization that MLB bought was an empty husk. I don't think anything was left except the roster and the IP.

EDIT: yeah, reading the article,

Jeffrey Loria, the man who ripped the infrastructure of a professional baseball team in Montreal and moved it to South Florida

is right on point.

There was no empty husk- loria took his step son, and some employees with him-

He also swapped some minor league teams and swapped spring trainig sites from vierra to Jupiter so the marlins were closer to their fan base ( and his house)

He traded some parts, he didn't just leave the expos with stationary and a roster.

Besides, Lora traded some of the expos assets to Florida, John Henry took some of the marlins assets to Boston in the same transaction.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived