New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

So, is there a reason the Marlins have not worn the orange caps yet?

EDIT....nevermind...totally thought the orange caps were photoshopped. They're not:

JJ_hh62iuaz_sgjd0ptk.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan. I don't like when a hat clashes that much with the wordmark on the front. Ala the Rangers when they wear their red hats.

Agreed. It doesn't work. I like the orange, but I don't feel like it works as a base color if yellow and blue aren't going to be. Only black should be the primary color, with the rest as equally weighted accents.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not a fan. I don't like when a hat clashes that much with the wordmark on the front. Ala the Rangers when they wear their red hats.

Agreed. It doesn't work. I like the orange, but I don't feel like it works as a base color if yellow and blue aren't going to be. Only black should be the primary color, with the rest as equally weighted accents.

I respect your opinion but, I don't understand how orange doesn't work? Orange is the other most represented color other than black and is more then represented with undershirts, orange caps,orange jerseys and accents in the word marks. The Marlins have made it pretty clear through the uniform set that orange and black are the main colors. Blue and yellow at this point in the identity are clearly just accents. Down the road that may change.

I am personally tired of seeing black this black that. I appreciate the color and it gives me vibes of the 93 teal sets.

I like the look, and I'm glad to see the orange caps in use. It makes them look a little less like the Orioles/Giants.

Personally, I don't think they should play games in the black jerseys without orange caps. They looked great (well their unis did, at least) in those exhibition games against the Yankees. I would have them use the whites or blacks at home (orange cap), the greys and oranges on the road (black cap). Also, there's no excuse for batting helmets not matching the caps (this means you, too, Baltimore).

They had a higher up on today in the booth. He said the what they wear will be based on their record with each combo. If you like the orange hats celebrate tonight's victory.

That was just part of it, David Samson said their are many factors that go into it. . Hoping orange hat and orange jersey next.

ne9s87.jpg

About time they did this! Looks fantastic. I've always thought the Orioles could pull off orange socks. Hopefully we see the Marlins use them more and make it their own signature look.

I originally thought the same, with the white M clashing with the black letters. But it doesn't look bad at all. And as far as the Rangers comparison, the Rangers have much more blue on their uniforms than the Marlins do black. The Rangers piping is blue/red, and the blue just dominates over the red which leads to the caps looking so out of place. But the Marlins piping is strictly orange, so the caps appear to belong with the whites. The black letters still appear off, but not nearly as bad. And with a city like Miami and their new identity, it works. It really comes down to a case-by-case basis. Marlins? Works. Rangers? Doesn't work.

I originally thought the same, with the white M clashing with the black letters. But it doesn't look bad at all. And as far as the Rangers comparison, the Rangers have much more blue on their uniforms than the Marlins do black. The Rangers piping is blue/red, and the blue just dominates over the red which leads to the caps looking so out of place. But the Marlins piping is strictly orange, so the caps appear to belong with the whites. The black letters still appear off, but not nearly as bad. And with a city like Miami and their new identity, it works. It really comes down to a case-by-case basis. Marlins? Works. Rangers? Doesn't work.

The Orange drop shadow in the Marlins home script really helps to balance it as well to add on what you established wih the orange piping., I think with out it, there would be a noticably difference.

Agreed. I'm not necessarily against the orange cap, but it looks awful when worn with the black wordmark.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Pretty nice looking wouldnt mind this every once in a while.

http://www.lids.com/MLB/Miami-Marlins/20403096

No, thanks. The Marlins look too much like the O's as it is.

The Marlins look nothing like the orioles other than have an orangish color and using black.

The marlins use an orange red color, not withstanding the many other colors in the logo.

Not starting crap with you Jigo, but I just don't like this comparison and you arent the only one that made it. I just find that the majority of the people who don't like the new marlins stuff use this as one of their reasons to dislike it, and I thing it's unfair because other teams seem to get to slide on it.

If we are going to compare the orioles to Marlins we got to say that that the Angels, cards and red sox, cleavland look to much alike as well.

I understand we left a unique scheme behind and I mourn it's loss too but I think ours is definately unique still, sen if the Orange is close to what another team uses.

Archived