New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

There's a good article in SBJ about the design process for the uniforms. The Marlins originally wanted a more abstract Marlins resembling the Nike swoosh and 7 primary colors. A focus group forced them to tone down the number of colors. The initial design went through 29 variations. It has a few early drafts too.

Do you have a link to that article? I'd like to read it.

I tried to search for it but I couldn't determine what SBJ stands for.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a good article in SBJ about the design process for the uniforms. The Marlins originally wanted a more abstract Marlins resembling the Nike swoosh and 7 primary colors. A focus group forced them to tone down the number of colors. The initial design went through 29 variations. It has a few early drafts too.

Do you have a link to that article? I'd like to read it.

I tried to search for it but I couldn't determine what SBJ stands for.

SBJ is the Sports Business Journal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well now that the thread has been bumped...might as well reassert my support for this cap:

NEFdiamonderaMLBmiamar-whtblkblk.jpg

Please... No.

In my opinion, Miami's logo is the worst in the big 4 sports world. However, the color scheme is nice.

When I first saw the Marlins Uniforms (besides the logo), I was actually kinda excited. The color schemes of all the uniforms in the league are all way too similar. The amount of similar reds/blues is just... boring.

With the marlins, we were going to see a bright orange/blue combo that I thought would look perfect for a Miami team. The blue wasn't a typical blue either, it was unique. Instead, they ruined the look with black. Why was black needed in the color scheme?

-Orange cap, orange jersey, white pants.

-White Cap, White jersey, White Pants

-Orange cap, grey/orange jersey/ grey pants.

-White cap, blue jersey, white pants.

No black needed.

Wish the Marlins would go back to teal.

It is 1000% times better than the crap they are wearing at the moment.

The 1993 set was good, even 1996. But to call the 2003-2011 set 1000% better is an insult to humanity.

That set sucked, will always suck, and it will suck for only $5 and a few chicken nuggets.

The current set is good, and a few tweaks from being great- the announcement of the orange caps and accessories being used more is a giant step in the right direction.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Wish the Marlins would go back to teal.

hE

It is 1000% times better than the crap they are wearing at the moment.

The 1993 set was good, even 1996. But to call the 2003-2011 set 1000% better is an insult to humanity.

That set sucked, will always suck, and it will suck for only $5 and a few chicken nuggets.

The current set is good, and a few tweaks from being great- the announcement of the orange caps and accessories being used more is a giant step in the right direction.

:lol: ..........also, .their current unis does not belong in the big leagues

Off topic, but has anyone ever wondered if teal is trying to be a "Novelty member", ala Giant Pacific Octopus? Given the reason that he wants teal on everything, or has that already been discussed? That doesn't really explain his/her love for sleeved NBA jerseys, but that's a different story...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

@Soaringdude -- White hats don't work -- for obvious reasons.

It looks too collegiate. I can maybe see the Yankees coming out with a gray road cap, but no white for anyone.

It has nothing to do about looking collegiate, because i honestly don't know any of the top of my head who use white lids. The main issue is keeping them clean -- dirt and sweat stains could make white hats look dingy after a series.

@Soaringdude -- White hats don't work -- for obvious reasons.

It looks too collegiate. I can maybe see the Yankees coming out with a gray road cap, but no white for anyone.

It has nothing to do about looking collegiate, because i honestly don't know any of the top of my head who use white lids. The main issue is keeping them clean -- dirt and sweat stains could make white hats look dingy after a series.

Reds did back in the 50s. A bunch of teams tried in the 90s, but all of them didn't last long.

Anubis.png

Archived