New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

The MLB Style Guide website has finally begun use of its 2012 uniform/logo URL, but it just sends me back to the login screen for now.

My question for Showtime029, meetthemets, Unwind, et al. -- how are you able to see the new Marlins look if it's not on the site yet? Insider info? Other?

They will be released on the style guide website, the latest, September 15th. I've seen all of the changes for all teams along with the scheduled unveilings

for all teams if any.

Would it be a violation of your insider status if you posted a list of dates and the teams which have changes?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they were going for the 80's beach/tourist look (see below). Plain wordmarks, ugly colors, overall fail. Only thing that is decent about it is the actual Marlin icon but it's overshadowed by the suckiness of the rest of it. Gets lost in the shuffle. Hopefully they use it by itself sometime down the road.

images-PRODUCT-large-4047.jpg

Sounds like they got rid of pinstripes. Yes?

1997 | 2003

The MLB Style Guide website has finally begun use of its 2012 uniform/logo URL, but it just sends me back to the login screen for now.

My question for Showtime029, meetthemets, Unwind, et al. -- how are you able to see the new Marlins look if it's not on the site yet? Insider info? Other?

They will be released on the style guide website, the latest, September 15th. I've seen all of the changes for all teams along with the scheduled unveilings

for all teams if any.

Would it be a violation of your insider status if you posted a list of dates and the teams which have changes?

Yes, sorry.

for all teams if any.

Most definitely.

This has nothing to do with your post, but it'd be kinda cool if you photoshopped your avatar so the O and the W connected and the orange faded into red.

21dh5qp.png

Maybe I missed prior comments to this extent; but the logo for the new stadium really evokes a rainbow dorsal fin IMO.

5SquCuMA.gif

That logo, and the "rainbow" hints, leads me to be believe we may be looking at a new logo very much like the iconic sign welcoming visitors to Pensacola Beach:

pensacola-beach-sign-for-we1.jpg?w=175&h=300

... a sign that I'm sure brings back memories to Buc...

It is what it is.

^ You damn skippy it does...and of all places for that sign to show up, it turns up in here.

(Man do I miss home. So bad, so so bad...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe I missed prior comments to this extent; but the logo for the new stadium really evokes a rainbow dorsal fin IMO.

5SquCuMA.gif

That logo, and the "rainbow" hints, leads me to be believe we may be looking at a new logo very much like the iconic sign welcoming visitors to Pensacola Beach:

pensacola-beach-sign-for-we1.jpg?w=175&h=300

... a sign that I'm sure brings back memories to Buc...

I'd actually dig something like that, coupled with creamsicle caps.

Could someone just give some hints on what the colors are?

The main colors are in this thread.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm really not dreading this. I think it would be cool for them to have an "artistic" sort of look to their uniforms to reflect Jeff Loria's status as a prominent art dealer. Of course, by the same principle, the Marlins could wear goatse on the uniforms to reflect Jeff Loria's status as a gigantic distended anus.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's official: they're the Miami Marlins. The Astros released their 2012 schedule and it has MIA instead of FLA on the schedule. Miami is the start of Houston's first roadtrip of 2012:

Houston Astros Announce 2012 Schedule

Rays haven't got the memo yet:

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2010/PDFs/tampa-bay-rays-schedule/TBSched_2012.pdf

It's official: they're the Miami Marlins. The Astros released their 2012 schedule and it has MIA instead of FLA on the schedule. Miami is the start of Houston's first roadtrip of 2012:

Houston Astros Announce 2012 Schedule

Rays haven't got the memo yet:

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2010/PDFs/tampa-bay-rays-schedule/TBSched_2012.pdf

Hahaha. You'd think of all teams, TB would be the first to jump on this so that they don't feel like they are in the Marlins' "state" anymore.

I've always wondered how it feels to root for a team in a city, that is also in a state name of another team. If Maryland got another baseball team called the "Maryland _______," think it would be incredibly awkward to root against the Maryland _____, and even see them as rivals of the Orioles. Considering I am, after all, in Maryland. As are the O's.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived