New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha. You'd think of all teams, TB would be the first to jump on this so that they don't feel like they are in the Marlins' "state" anymore.

I've always wondered how it feels to root for a team in a city, that is also in a state name of another team. If Maryland got another baseball team called the "Maryland _______," think it would be incredibly awkward to root against the Maryland _____, and even see them as rivals of the Orioles. Considering I am, after all, in Maryland. As are the O's.

Meh. Florida State fans hate Florida. You'd get used to it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Any possibility of them using a Marlin in front of a retro-styled sunset image? Something kiiiind of like this, but more logo-like, and the sun just in the background? I figure people know now and are willing to give hints, so I'll just throw some guesses out there.

35511_340.jpg?1275508294

So nobody likes that look for a baseball team? Hmm, I'm shocked.

edit:

To add to the discussion, have we been told by the people in the know yet if they still use Black? With so many colors it might not be needed.

It's official: they're the Miami Marlins. The Astros released their 2012 schedule and it has MIA instead of FLA on the schedule. Miami is the start of Houston's first roadtrip of 2012:

Houston Astros Announce 2012 Schedule

Rays haven't got the memo yet:

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2010/PDFs/tampa-bay-rays-schedule/TBSched_2012.pdf

Hahaha. You'd think of all teams, TB would be the first to jump on this so that they don't feel like they are in the Marlins' "state" anymore.

I've always wondered how it feels to root for a team in a city, that is also in a state name of another team. If Maryland got another baseball team called the "Maryland _______," think it would be incredibly awkward to root against the Maryland _____, and even see them as rivals of the Orioles. Considering I am, after all, in Maryland. As are the O's.

Like the Buffalo Sabres with the New York Rangers and Islanders or the Bills with the Jets and Giants (even though both those teams play and preactice in NJ)

It's official: they're the Miami Marlins. The Astros released their 2012 schedule and it has MIA instead of FLA on the schedule. Miami is the start of Houston's first roadtrip of 2012:

Houston Astros Announce 2012 Schedule

Rays haven't got the memo yet:

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2010/PDFs/tampa-bay-rays-schedule/TBSched_2012.pdf

Like the Buffalo Sabres with the New York Rangers and Islanders or the Bills with the Jets and Giants (even though both those teams play and preactice in NJ)

I always thought of the Rangers/Islanders/Knicks/Mets/Yankees being named for NYC, not the state of NY.

Tampa Bay Everybody Loves Rays

Go 'Nova | Go Irish

The Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Giants and Jets are.

The Islanders are something of a special case. Considering they do everything they can to disassociate themselves from the city itself (take a look at that logo), I guess I'd have to say that they're named for the state. But they still only represent one area of it, unlike other "state" teams.

The Islanders are something of a special case. Considering they do everything they can to disassociate themselves from the city itself (take a look at that logo), I guess I'd have to say that they're named for the state. But they still only represent one area of it, unlike other "state" teams.

pretty simply: they chose the team name "islanders." unless they wanted to go with nassau county islanders, they were pretty boxed into new york. the long island islanders are kind of redundantly redundant.

sig2024.png

pretty simply: they chose the team name "islanders." unless they wanted to go with nassau county islanders, they were pretty boxed into new york. the long island islanders are kind of redundantly redundant.

Anecdotally, i've heard the team was going to call themselves the Long Islanders, but we're told they could not, so went with New York Islanders

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

season-tickets-main.jpg

I believe the colors of the Miami Marlins are in this image, and the Orange being discussed is just a mixture of the Red and Yellow in there, same with the green being a mixture of the blue and yellow.

In other words, were getting a gradient.

That was what my concept was based around. I like the idea of a gradient. The sunset theme would actually be something smart to base your team around. What's wrong with having pride in your location? It's the same thing with including the Golden Gate bridge in the SF Golden State Warriors logo or the New York skyline in the Mets logo. They are both iconic and representative of their respective regions. Miami is known for their beautiful beaches and maybe a gorgeous sunset. It would fit since all of these color schemes are supposed to revolve around the color orange.

From hints that I've heard from CCSLC users, I tend to agree with the wide array of bright colors. I am

pessimistically optimistic(glass is half empty, but at least it's half full). The bright colors and gradients sound great, but it needs to be under control; simple, but clean and effective. This whole red, orange, and yellow gradient sounds good. Green and blue? Oh god no. That sounds attrocious because there would be way too many primary colors, and way too much clashing. Simple and effective is the route the Marlins should go for.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Speaking of the color usage, red and yellow is such an underused color combination in MLB. There are two teams in MLB that use a bright shade of gold/yellow: The Pirates and the Athletics. The Pirates are the only team that came close. And it was terrible: http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/47978_01_lg.jpg

It's not a bad jersey, but it just wasn't a Pirates thing.

Why don't we see a KC Chiefs type color scheme? Calgary Flames? The gray and white would tone it down anyway and make it less searing on the eyes in baseball. Marlins, your oppurtunity is here. Don't ruin it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Speaking of the color usage, red and yellow is such an underused color combination in MLB. There are two teams in MLB that use a bright shade of gold/yellow: The Pirates and the Athletics. The Pirates are the only team that came close. And it was terrible: http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/47978_01_lg.jpg

It's not a bad jersey, but it just wasn't a Pirates thing.

Why don't we see a KC Chiefs type color scheme? Calgary Flames? The gray and white would tone it down anyway and make it less searing on the eyes in baseball. Marlins, your oppurtunity is here. Don't ruin it.

Personally, I believe Loria is going to play off his art background and use the Primary colors as a nod to it, therefore he can make ANY COLOR his teams color with the use of gradients. One way to make sure the logo last forever is being able to manipulate it any way possible. My only thing is that it would muddy the idenity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_colors

220px-SubtractiveColor.svg.png

Who's got access to the style guide, lol. Send me a pic or two and I'll send you a christmas card.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived