xTr1pleXx

New Marlins Uniforms?

What I found interesting is that he did not say it was NOT the logo, he just said he didn't see any of the reactions to anything. That's all I can rely from the interview.

Shocker.

no shtt he wants ppl to go to the block party on 11-11-11 plus why would he say yes or no he wants the marlins to get attention from the nation witch they cleary are getting

What I found interesting is that he did not say it was NOT the logo, he just said he didn't see any of the reactions to anything. That's all I can rely from the interview.

Shocker.

I LOVE BEING RIGHT :)

He didn't confirm or deny anything, just sort of dodged the question by saying he hasn't seen any reaction & isn't looking for any reaction.

He did say that all merchandise goes on sale 11/11/11 & that is in line with many of you are saying that a lot of the apparel & such is already in production and would be too late to change the logo.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the logo. I'm not one to embrace change very easily. I think the current logo is great & I will be wearing my Florida Marlins hat for a long time to come. I'm a little nervous about the talk of perhaps orange hats or jerseys. I personally think the black hat & the blue hat don't look too bad. An all orange hat or jersey, I don't know. As a once in a while alternate I guess it's fine, but not an everyday thing in my opinion.

Thanks for the discussion, it has been an interesting read from an outsider! Appreciate it!

EDIT:

A caller just called in & said if Samson can say a Yay or a Nay on the logo. Samson said the official logo will be released on 11/11/11. He didn't comment on the logo or give an answer.

The pic just got talked about on Around the Horn. Cowlishaw hated it, Plaschke loved it. Take that as you will.

Hey Showtime and Meetthemets, am I warm or cold?

Edited by CC97

Shocker.

no shtt he wants ppl to go to the block party on 11-11-11 plus why would he say yes or no he wants the marlins to get attention from the nation witch they cleary are getting

Right...and you were going around saying that he was going to prove you right at 5pm. Now its, oh wait until 11-11 when we find out that isn't the logo.

Even though merchandise is being made off those very designs. Logic sucks.

I called the Marlins to complain about the logo. As I was finishing my opening sentence, the receptionist (in a very frustrated voice) adamantly stated that it was not the logo. I logged the complaint anyway, just in case, but it was interesting to hear. (Thats what a fan typed on a marlins thread)

The black hats actually look pretty good.

Edited by CC97

If it's actually like piratesfan's concept, but with orange hats, orange trim, and "MARLINS" script on the home jersey, I'd love it.

Shocker.

Right...and you were going around saying that he was going to prove you right at 5pm. Now its, oh wait until 11-11 when we find out that isn't the logo.

Even though merchandise is being made off those very designs. Logic sucks.

Wait, what proof has been offered that 'merchandise is being made'?

The black hats actually look pretty good.

I know right? That surprised me as well.

Edited by CC97

I LOVE BEING RIGHT :)

Who is this troll? I come back to this thread and every other reply is from this guy.

It is not me. So, do you think the Browns will be wearing white on white at the Dolphins this weekend, or will we get to see the Brown jerseys?

Nah, you're not a troll. Off topic: The Browns are wearing all-white against the 'Phins.

As disastrous as the new logo (thought it may not be their main one) and colors are, I can accept this uni concept. The extra amount of black help balance those 1990's color pattern and corporate softball team logo style.

Edited by CC97

Honestly, it would boggle my mind if what we have seen is anything close to representing the newly re-branded Miami Marlins logo. Teams don't rebrand very often - if ever. And when they do rebrand - especially coupled with something as important as changing your geographical name - you better damn well sure you get it right. re-branding is often viewed as a chance to inject new life into franchise. It has - especially on the minor league level - inexplicably resulted in renewed interest and better gates.

"Miami" evokes fashion, glamor and trendiness. And this alleged new logo is none of that. It's not fashionable - nor glamorous - nor does it even have trend appeal.

The Marlins have a golden opportunity to get invaluable promotional play from this rebranding effort. Imagine a hat logo (primary or secondary logo) and color scheme that every young singer, dancer or actor wants to wear whether they are in Miami or not. That's what the Marlins MUST be shooting for. If they aren't they shouldn't waste their time and effort.

And if what we have seen is the best effort that can be made, someone really needs to lose their job down there.

I like the Marlin icon but not the M. Placed on a bright orange cap (bright colors look better on tan people and everyone in Miami is tan) and they'd have a unique, modern, look.

Edited by CC97

I like the Marlin icon but not the M. Placed on a bright orange cap (bright colors look better on tan people and everyone in Miami is tan) and they'd have a unique, modern, look.

Wow, that looks radical! Like totally tubular. It's tropical, dude!

Edited by CC97

I'd like to see that on creamsicle.

Edited by CC97

Wow, that looks radical! Like totally tubular. It's tropical, dude!

Looks like something you'd buy at Jimmy Buffet's restaurant.

Edited by CC97