New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty good, but best? How so?

The primary mark that SME designed for the Jaguars depicts the team's namesake mascot in a dynamic, attractive and straightforward manner. Aside from the namesake animal's tongue being depicted in teal, a liberty taken to allow for all of the colors of the team's palette to be included in the logo, the mark in question does a tremendous job of accurately capturing the image of a jaguar.

Incidentally, I've never subscribed to the theory that a logo must be easily "doodled" by a layman in order to be great. But, that's my opinion.

Okay guys, here's a good question for you.

For the last game of the season the Marlins are having a huge celebration to honor the 19 seasons as the Florida Marlins. I go to about 30 games a year, but for the final game I scored some great tickets on Craigslist from a guy who has season tickets & gives them to business partners. He sold me $310 tickets for $40 each.

The seats happen to be directly behind home plate 6 or 7 seats to the left of were Loria sits. I figure its the last game, they will have a lot of cool stuff going on, I got the tickets for a good price, might as well sit in great seats.

Here's the question. How great would it be to go to Lids with this new hat logo & get a black hat made with the new Miami Marlins leaked logo & wear it to the last game on Wednesday? I imagine tons of big wigs will be down in the 30 or so seats in the section I'm going to be sitting. Loria will definitely be there with Samson & others from the front office.

Would Samson flip if he saw me & ask where I bought this hat? Lol Would he think people are bootlegging the merchandise already? If somebody asks, do I say I made it at Lids? Lol

Should I or shouldn't I? Keep in mind, I'm 6 or so seats to Lorias left & he will have to pass me to get to & from his seat. I'd be on camera every pitch with my Miami Marlins hat on also. Could I get in to any trouble with this?

For the last game of the season the Marlins are having a huge celebration to honor the 19 seasons as the Florida Marlins. I go to about 30 games a year, but for the final game I scored some great tickets on Craigslist from a guy who has season tickets & gives them to business partners. He sold me $310 tickets for $40 each.

The seats happen to be directly behind home plate 6 or 7 seats to the left of were Loria sits. I figure its the last game, they will have a lot of cool stuff going on, I got the tickets for a good price, might as well sit in great seats.

Here's the question. How great would it be to go to Lids with this new hat logo & get a black hat made with the new Miami Marlins leaked logo & wear it to the last game on Wednesday? I imagine tons of big wigs will be down in the 30 or so seats in the section I'm going to be sitting. Loria will definitely be there with Samson & others from the front office.

Would Samson flip if he saw me & ask where I bought this hat? Lol Would he think people are bootlegging the merchandise already? If somebody asks, do I say I made it at Lids? Lol

Should I or shouldn't I? Keep in mind, I'm 6 or so seats to Lorias left & he will have to pass me to get to & from his seat.

DO IT!!! lol

True2OB.png

Should I or shouldn't I? Keep in mind, I'm 6 or so seats to Lorias left & he will have to pass me to get to & from his seat.

DO IT!!! lol

Lmao is there any real trouble I could get in? I'd have to bring a back up hat for sure. Knowing Samson he'd have me arrested for counterfeiting lol.

Should I or shouldn't I? Keep in mind, I'm 6 or so seats to Lorias left & he will have to pass me to get to & from his seat. I'd be on camera every pitch with my Miami Marlins hat on also. Could I get in to any trouble with this?

IF, the hideous logo we have been discussing is, in fact, legit and thus it's in the MLB logo database (that teams and licensed manufacturers and merchandise partners have access to) then there is no way that Lids will make the hat for you.

But it would be pretty funny if you did get it made some way and did sit down there near Lauria for the whole world to see! And if you do some how pull it off, make sure and wear a "I support Girardi" t-shirt as well!

DO IT!!! lol

Lmao is there any real trouble I could get in? I'd have to bring a back up hat for sure. Knowing Samson he'd have me arrested for counterfeiting lol.

If you or someone else made your own one-off hat of a licensed (or rumored to be licensed) logo - as long as that hat is not offered for sale in any way shape of form - then there isn't much, if anything that could be done to you - other than the Marlins insisting that you remove the cap or leave the stadium (which would be perfectly within their rights). If they somehow coerced you into forfeiting the cap in return for allowing you to stay - then that's pretty darn close to an admission that the logo is legit.

Your best bet would be to find a vendor who may not be aware of the fuss over this logo and order it there. They may just believe that they are producing a ridiculous looking "Miami" themed cap.

If you can't make it into a hat, you can get it on a shirt.

The t-shirt idea is farrrrr easier because you can find the highest res version of the logo possible, make it as big as possible but sized to your chest, and print it at home onto an iron-on transfer sheet (available at Walmart and other fine retailers) and simply iron it it on to a blank t-shirt. My suggestion would be to print it on a white t-shirt - which will cause the logo to pop out better on TV.

DO IT!!! lol

If you or someone else made your own one-off hat of a licensed (or rumored to be licensed) logo - as long as that hat is not offered for sale in any way shape of form - then there isn't much, if anything that could be done to you - other than the Marlins insisting that you remove the cap or leave the stadium (which would be perfectly within their rights). If they somehow coerced you into forfeiting the cap in return for allowing you to stay - then that's pretty darn close to an admission that the logo is legit.

Your best bet would be to find a vendor who may not be aware of the fuss over this logo and order it there. They may just believe that they are producing a ridiculous looking "Miami" themed cap.

Lol If they did make a big stink about it, all I'd have to say is that I bought it at a store, I had no idea the new merchandise wasn't available yet.

Not something I'd really do, it was just a funny thought I had while driving home today & the Marlins commercial came on the radio.

If anybody knows David Samsons personality you know he would :censored: himself over it Lol

DO IT!!! lol

Lol If they did make a big stink about it, all I'd have to say is that I bought it at a store, I had no idea the new merchandise wasn't available yet.

Not something I'd really do, it was just a funny thought I had while driving home today & the Marlins commercial came on the radio.

If anybody knows David Samsons personality you know he would :censored: himself over it Lol

DO IT!!! lol

That would be pretty funny. I'd like to see his little 4 foot frame losing his cool and getting all pissed at someone lol. I'd also like to see someone in those seats have an "accident" and spill their beer and nachos all over those clowns, but hey that's just me.

Archived