xTr1pleXx

New Marlins Uniforms?

So a logo and design that looks like it came out of the costume closet of 'Saved by the Bell' is better?

Yes. I like it much better than their White Sox uniforms. Now they might look like a team from Miami.

There are a few bright colors in this, but you and I both know how this is going to go down. They already have a black primary cap and a black alternate jersey. The orange cap will be worn probably 5 times the first season and then the players will stop wearing it. The black jersey will be worn half the time because the players think black is cool, and also want to reduce the amount of bright colors they're wearing. Within two years this will be their current identity with a worse logo and orange/blue/yellow taking the place of silver on their numbers. Incorporating black doomed this set to be only slightly different than what other teams wear.

nailed it.

the players will be so embarrassed to wear these that they will try to drown out all of the design elements with black

I don't think necessarily that players will be embarrassed to wear it because it's a poor design or anything. However, we have seen a few instances of teams not wearing jerseys as planned, such the Padres wearing the alts 95% of the time on the road because they hated the khaki unis, the Royals only wearing their 2006 Kansas City black alts with the blue hats once, the Twins not wanting to wear their red caps a few years ago, the Pirates switching to black hats on the road midway through 1998, the Rockies only wearing their purple hats for a few games after they were intended to be the primary cap (at least at home). Being that the organization is giving the players instant alternatives (in the form of a black hat and a black jersey), we know that we are going to see nothing but the black hat along with the black alt jersey being worn probably half the time.

Can we also stop pretending that Internet polls are a reliable indicator of anything in the real world?

Can we also stop pretending that Internet polls are a reliable indicator of anything in the real world?

Prove they are not. Polls (regardless if they are conducted online, over the telephone, door-to-door, or etc) are a great way to get an average and quite accurate consensus. I relied heavily on polls when I opened my first of what eventually became 3 businesses. Those results gave me an accurate "feel" of what people wanted and I made enough to successfully sell my businesses to the larger corporations for good money and shares. But if you think differently, then show me multiple polls that failed.

Prove they are not. Polls (regardless if they are conducted online, over the telephone, door-to-door, or etc) are a great way to get an average and quite accurate consensus. I relied heavily on polls when I opened my first of what eventually became 3 businesses. Those results gave me an accurate "feel" of what people wanted and I made enough to successfully sell my businesses to the larger corporations for good money and shares. But if you think differently, then show me multiple polls that failed.

Dewey Defeats Truman

Many other exit polls regarding politics (I can think of a couple of them in Wisconsin from the last few elections).

Many people don't respond to polls. Polls can also be bot-bombed, making them worth less.

Internet polls do not take a relative sample. They can and are bombed by users on websites.

If there was an Internet poll that used statistical sampling, it would have merit. Polls on websites do not.

I have a feeling this is what it's gonna look like......this is just my guess, thou, so, take it for what it's worth.......

Your rendering of the other letters is very well done. However, if this is what they are going to slap on the front of the jersey, it's going to cause many people to chuckle at the ridicule of it. It's way too flashy for any professional sports franchise, period. It looks like something from an 80s fashion guide.

Edited by CC97

The Miami Herald is a pretty reliable source.

Didn't you say "Sun-Sentinel"? :P

I'm sure they are reliable sources. For news. Not Internet polls.

The Marlin can't really exist without the M. For the reasons already mentioned (the tail for example) and also just because of how "corporate" it looks. It sort of works when combined with the M, but they'll need a modified version to really work as a stand-alone alt. Will wait for full package.

I'd say the Marlin icon without the M isn't any worse than the Astros weird, broken star. Same, abstract kind of shape. That being said I've never liked the Astros weird star. Think they should have kept the H/star combo

Your rendering of the other letters is very well done. However, if this is what they are going to slap on the front of the jersey, it's going to cause many people to chuckle at the ridicule of it. It's way too flashy for any professional sports franchise, period. It looks like something from an 80s fashion guide.

That's what I thought...so I went back and tried my best to even the colors out better......this definitely looks better than the first one above, but probably far from the best.

But TBH, I wouldn't be suprised in the least bit if the script itself is NOT beveled like the cap logo is

Edited by CC97

I hated the yellow at first until I realized the M was an abstract sunset. Brilliant!

And the blue on the bottom of the M is the water the Marlin is jumping out of & the red is the "dusk" or morning sky on a sun set or sun rise? If so that's something I didn't notice. Good eye.

Yep, exactly what I see. Red sky at night is a sailor's delight.

I just realized this, (the shock of all the brightness threw me offguard...)

had that yellow not been in there, this is what has been assumed for months.

NO Hornets blue + orange (ish).

this is what a Marlin looks like:

fd_bluemarliin.jpg

and they weren't going to go full Mets.

one of the worst redesigns in mlb history. Marlins have a great identity which they honestly have been ruining over the past decade by eliminating teal and becoming mostly black and silver. They wore their black alt way too much and it looks liek it isnt going to change in the new stadium with the new look. The players and fans are going to revolt on how discusting loria has made this team. everything he has done for this team has been a joke. He robs miami for a new stadium when hes a multi millionaire, he ships his players out as soon as they become good, and now he think shis wonderful art taste can translate into redesigning the marlins and making the most pathetic looking hr celebrating ive ever seen. I like what everyone is saying about this mess...looks like its for a club or motel in miami. the logo is proving that and that ugly hr marlins jumping thing looks like something from mardi gras or something...way too gaudy for this sport. i cant wait to see the fans turn out for a few games to check out the new stadium, then revolt against the team again for charging high prices, for puttign the same crappy team on the field, and making the team that plays like it, look it too. hopefully, the marlins learn from other teams that when the fans dont like it, even from a small leak, they better change before it become too late.

^That orange looks red. Though as a cap logo, that wouldn't look too bad. However, on a uniform, anything resembling that would be hideous.

I would buy that cap in a heartbeat. The bright colors contrast really well against the black.

Seems to be either love or hate with this new look. Great mockup, Patch.

Not a bad looking cap at all! As I said a few days ago, I actually think Miami's caps are going to sell really well. I think I, myself, will probably buy one. Because of all the colors featured in the logo, I've got quite a few shirts that would go well with thier possible caps (I do hope one of them looks exactly like this).

Edited by CC97