New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

I would buy that cap in a heartbeat.

I doubt people will dish out $35 to $40 for that. Saying you'll buy and actually do it.....time will tell. The ONLY way this crappy logo catches on is if the Marlins pay a few hiphop artists to wear them so it becomes "cool", regardless of how horrible that logo and cap are.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I didn't know what to think, kind of a WTF thing. But it has really started growing on me, I like it a lot. It really fits with Miami's vibe, it's colorful (rare these days in baseball), simple and iconic. I like it a lot even if it does kind of look better suited for a resort then a baseball team.

niagaraq.png

That cap's pretty neat actually. Yeah, it's got kind of a pseudo-80s/early 90s vibe, but that seems perfect for Miami to me for some reason.

That's what's funny on this forum though. Most that say it's "Miami" aren't from there. Yes, it IS "Miami" when it was the 80's, but this is 2K and it doesn't truly reflect the current culture there or Ft Lauderdale. I lived in southern fl from 97-01 and then just north of Miami from 06-08 and times have greatly changed. IMO, it just seems: A) The designers aren't from the area. B ) The owner is stuck in time. C) Both A and B.

I don't think I've ever hated a logo and idea this badly ever...I'm developing a passion of hatred for this, WTF. lol

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The more I see the cap logo and the script concepts the more excited I am about this. The 80s look is cliche but the abstract sunset is winner. The cap would look better without the marlin on it.

I would have loved something along the lines of a modernized Miami Marlins set, but it would have clashed in a modern ballpark.

1997 | 2003

That cap's pretty neat actually. Yeah, it's got kind of a pseudo-80s/early 90s vibe, but that seems perfect for Miami to me for some reason.

That's what's funny on this forum though. Most that say it's "Miami" aren't from there. Yes, it IS "Miami" when it was the 80's, but this is 2K and it doesn't truly reflect the current culture there or Ft Lauderdale. I lived in southern fl from 97-01 and then just north of Miami from 06-08 and times have greatly changed. IMO, it just seems: A) The designers aren't from the area. B ) The owner is stuck in time. C) Both A and B.

I don't think I've ever hated a logo and idea this badly ever...I'm developing a passion of hatred for this, WTF. lol

I have heard this from a lot of people. The art deco style itself is contained In a small area on South Beach. All the new high rises are very modern designs with blue or green glass. The new ballpark is very much in line with this style.

1997 | 2003

The ballpark, possibly. But that doesn't reflect the people. A perfect example is the 90's Cleveland Cavaliers artistic logo and colors. It was suppose to reflect the brand new Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and therefore the Cleveland citizens. How well did that work out? This is no different.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

If they made a version of the swoosh marlin around a letter F instead of an M, it would look like this...

Sooooooo stealing this.....thank you!!!!

Your avatar.......one of those things are not like the others.......

Miami Vice: 1984-1989

Miami Marlins: stuck somewhere between 1984-1994

Saved by the Bell: 1989-1993

Ultimate Warrior/Hulk Hogan battle each other: 1989-1992

Jams shorts: Though first made in the 60's, they became extremely popular in the 80's

Golden Girls: 1985-1992

Perfect Strangers: 1986-1993

Jem: 1985-1988

7-Up "Cool Spot": 1988-1994

All seem to fit.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

If they made a version of the swoosh marlin around a letter F instead of an M, it would look like this...

Agreed. Big time FAIL. I'm a Marlins fan since day one and enjoyed the teal & black. It is unique in baseball while giving a classy nod to the tropicall Miami flare. This proposed logo is a leftover from miami 80's art deco. I despise having an art collector as an owner.

It's kind of funny (and appropriate, I guess) that the OKC Thunder and Miami Marlins share (pretty much) the color scheme.

And both have nonsensical orange and light blue swooshes. I guess slightly less nonsensical for the Marlins, but still, overall, nonsensical.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Sooooooo stealing this.....thank you!!!!

Your avatar.......one of those things are not like the others.......

Miami Vice: 1984-1989

Miami Marlins: stuck somewhere between 1984-1994

Saved by the Bell: 1989-1993

Ultimate Warrior/Hulk Hogan battle each other: 1989-1992

Jams shorts: Though first made in the 60's, they became extremely popular in the 80's

Golden Girls: 1985-1992

Perfect Strangers: 1986-1993

Jem: 1985-1988

7-Up "Cool Spot": 1988-1994

All seem to fit.

lol.....but the Marlins logo didn't really exist in the 80's...that's the difference.

I'm with you on this man.

It's funny how on a black background this logo looks so much better.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I would buy that cap in a heartbeat.

I doubt people will dish out $35 to $40 for that.

People already do for fashion caps that are MUCH gaudier. Take a look around at what kinds of caps are being worn these days....

This cap will sell.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived