xTr1pleXx

New Marlins Uniforms?

Please bring this back!!! :(

Marlins1.png

We should start a petition...Those were too awesome to be replaced.

Though I don't like teal I adore that road script.

gq8migeejsjjfgm6gnlpd57kl.gif

Absolutely perfect.

Although far from perfect, I loved the little things from that inaugural set. Mainly the fin forming part of the "f" on the road script, and the marlin tail on the home script.

As a 11 year old obsessed with baseball, I was briefly a marlins fan only for the colors and logo. I remember being a fan of Nigel Wilson because he was their first pick in the draft. He had 3 career hits. Ah the mind of an 11 year old...

Please bring this back!!! :(

Marlins1.png

We should start a petition...Those were too awesome to be replaced.

Though I don't like teal I adore that road script.

gq8migeejsjjfgm6gnlpd57kl.gif

Absolutely perfect.

That might be my favorite script in all of baseball. Just flat out sharp. Personally I liked that particular roadie paired with the black hat, undershirts, and socks better because it made the teal in the script pop more. That script should STILL be on the road, d*mnit.

This has nothing to do with anything else, but does the marlin exist as a standalone logo on its own? I always see it attached to a wordmark, a letter or part of a larger logo. But I think it works well on its own, but have never seen this.

I don't dislike the new logo, but it's unbalance. There is too much "weight" on the left. The older logo works because the fish is above and below the F. I think this logo should have been similar. That is, the fish should have started below the M and then appeared above it. With the new logo, it just looks unbalanced, as I said previously.

Edited by CC97

I think of the Marlins uniform set as a timeline:

1993-95) Home uniform had teal pinstripes with teal script. It also had a teal cap. The road uniform had a teal script with a teal crown/black brim hat. The alternate was a vest version of the home uniform with teal undershirts.

1996-02) A greater emphasis on black and an overall more balanced look(my favorite). Before it was 90% teal, but now it was 50/50. The home uniform was the same but the teal cap was replaced with a black one. The road uniform also remained the same with an all black cap instead. The alternate was the same sleveless versey as before but instead with a black undershirt.

2003-11) An even greatest emphasis on black. Black pinstripes, black scripts outlines in teal, and an all black jersey with gray scripts. Now it was 10% teal, a complete reversal from the inaugural look.

So it started with 90% teal, went to 50%, and then to 10%.

someone said the alt caps aren't orange

Who said that? It's an orange jersey and orange hat

This.

Orange cap? Very cool, can't wait to see it! Hopefully, creamsicle!

I don't dislike the new logo, but it's unbalance. There is too much "weight" on the left. The older logo works because the fish is above and below the F. I think this logo should have been similar. That is, the fish should have started below the M and then appeared above it. With the new logo, it just looks unbalanced, as I said previously.

Funny you should say that; that's one of my problems with the old "Fishy F" logo. Its center of gravity is too far to the right.

Edited by CC97

as a Marlins fan:

1) I was never big on their logo. any of their logos. I liked the teal, though, because it was unique

2) I like this new :censored: because it's unique, like, we're a unique underdog team (even though word on the street is we might have a $100m payroll next year :D :D :D )

3) People reacting to this are thinking this leaked logo is evvverything. obviously, there's going to be a lot more and people shouldn't overract until the entire new package is out

4) I absolutely love the new cap logo

what street have been on? :/

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/marlins/1876199.html

+that logo on the seats in the new stadium, white on blue, looks amazing.

photo-2876.jpg

I can deal with the new logo, but Im still confused on what the yellow V stands for or why its in the M , is the team going to be called the Miami Vice Marlins lol. I was hoping they would get rid of the black if they changed colors and go with blue & Orange like the old minor league Miami Marlins, but then they would be similar to the Mets without the black.

I did howerver like their teal,gray & black unies from their first season, as black wasnt the main color. Will have to see the final product before making a final decision though as to whether I like the new change.

as a Marlins fan:

1) I was never big on their logo. any of their logos. I liked the teal, though, because it was unique

2) I like this new :censored: because it's unique, like, we're a unique underdog team (even though word on the street is we might have a $100m payroll next year :D :D :D )

3) People reacting to this are thinking this leaked logo is evvverything. obviously, there's going to be a lot more and people shouldn't overract until the entire new package is out

photo-2876.jpg

that looks better as a blocked out logo, no accents or definitions. i actually like that best

as a Marlins fan:

photo-2876.jpg

that looks better as a blocked out logo, no accents or definitions. i actually like that best

Agreed. Keep it all one color and the corny logo comes off much better. Though Alex English would prefer the colorful one.

I can deal with the new logo, but Im still confused on what the yellow V stands for or why its in the M , is the team going to be called the Miami Vice Marlins lol. I was hoping they would get rid of the black if they changed colors and go with blue & Orange like the old minor league Miami Marlins, but then they would be similar to the Mets without the black.

I did howerver like their teal,gray & black unies from their first season, as black wasnt the main color. Will have to see the final product before making a final decision though as to whether I like the new change.

The colors on the M:

Yellow = setting sun

Orange = dusk sky

Blue = ocean

It could be the rising sun and the dawn sky, too, I guess, if you wanna look at it that way. Miami does face east, so that would probably be more appropriate.

The colors on the M:

Yellow = setting sun

Orange = dusk sky

Blue = ocean

It could be the rising sun and the dawn sky, too, I guess, if you wanna look at it that way. Miami does face east, so that would probably be more appropriate.

Damn, you beat me to it. I was about to comment on all of the beautiful Miami sunset BS. Naples, Ft. Myers, Tampa....they see the sunset. Miami only gets a water sunrise.

Funny you should say that; that's one of my problems with the old "Fishy F" logo. Its center of gravity is too far to the right.

There's always been something that irked me about that old logo, but you basically nailed it. It's how the fish is positioned.

As much as I like the new logo, those teal hats are amazing. Really a shame that they gave up on the teal too soon.

Edited by CC97

As much as I like the new logo, those teal hats are amazing. Really a shame that they gave up on the teal too soon.

At least the Seattle Mariners got it right in their recent changes.