New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Even LeBron is down with the proper Marlins look:

LeBron-at-Nike-LeBron-8-South-Beach-Release-4.jpg

Hate to break it to you, but the only reason he is down with the look is because of his shoes. Not his Marlins' preference.

But those are a special edition Marlins version of his shoes though.

marlins dont have pink in their colors, cant be marlins shoes.

they are "classic Miami" colors. pink, teal and just about any neonish pastel was everywhere in Miami in the 80s/90s

ow the miami vice/art deco days... yikes...

Marlins are Miami and the teal represents the same colors. They're a shout out to the city, the Dolphins, and the Marlins.

South Beach Nikes

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to know you're regular there Smoothie. But I think the idea of embracing another team's colors only works when it's applied to the whole uniform. Did these actually make it onto the court?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A little off topic but I'd rather see the Marlins tune up the "M with the fish" logo instead of using the old one which was once used as an alternate, I believe. I think that one isn't nearly as nice as the F with the fish logo

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda like the red or reddish wine/ beige combo with pinstripes for the home uniform.They should also wear a beige road uniform kind of like the Padres had,I've always thought all the gray road uniforms were boring but better than the baby blues that some teams wore in the 80's.It would be weird to see the Marlins not have teal in some form in the uniform but things change and just because the 2012 Marlins won't have teal doesn't mean the 2017 Marlins won't bring it back.I would be fine with a darker teal/green combo with beige but please no orange,does nothing for me.As far as that rainbow logo for the stadium,I hate it in every way possible so no rainbow uniforms or baby blues.

The Marlins won a World Series in black and teal.

Hipsters love teal.

Everyone rocks a teal snapback.

Keep da teal!!!!!

There is not a lol wut pear graphic big enough to possibly give this post its proper due.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those teal hats were awesome, can the Marlins please wear them again. Not every team has to wear black, blue or red. Its nice to see other colors like purple Im looking at you Arizona.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Everyone that has or had teal is ditching it... you'd think they may want to stay unique... but what do I know? I love the teal and its a shame if they don't keep some sort of blue/green in their palette

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Everyone that has or had teal is ditching it... you'd think they may want to stay unique... but what do I know? I love the teal and its a shame if they don't keep some sort of blue/green in their palette

Well the Mariners brought back the teal jersey this year, and there have been cries for the teal brimmed hat to come back, so maybe teal is on a comeback? Personally I'd love to see the Marlins in miami u colors, but that's just me

Manchester-City-icon.png

• 2 months later...

I was doing a Google search and came across this:

fittedhawaii_custom712.jpg

from http://www.marlinsdiehards.com/2009/06/miami-marlins-uniform-design-idea.html

While doing a Google image search for a Marlins-Orioles photo for a previous post, I stumbled across this photo of a Marlins hat made by Fitted Hawaii on the Strictly Fitteds blog. The hat, it appears, is no longer for sale on Fitted Hawaii's site (unfortunately), but it offers an interesting possibility for the Marlins' new uniforms when the team begins play in their new stadium (whereupon they will be known as the Miami Marlins).

The hat uses the template for the current batting-practice cap, but instead of the teal, silver, and black color scheme used now, this hat uses an orange and green scheme that is used by the University of Miami's athletic program. I always liked the orange and green combination (not just because I'm a fan of the U). As far as I can tell, Miami and Florida A&M University are the only major athletic teams to use the combination. The Marlins could make an interesting statement with these colors while also ditching the color teal, which has become an overused color choice in modern sports.

The major problem with these colors is that they do not resemble the colors found on an actual Marlin. Of course, teal and black don't necessarily match either, but they are a bit closer than orange and green. Additionally, there are plenty of examples of teams with animal mascots whose colors do not quite match up with that animal's colors (for instance, the Rays, Diamondbacks, Detroit Lions, and Atlanta Falcons, among others). So at the very least, while an orange and green Marlins uniform might not be entirely logical, it at least would be pretty original (for a baseball team, at least).

UPDATE: I recently discovered that this color scheme would also match the colors on the City of Miami flag. Check it out below, the more I think about this design, the more I like it.

209px-Miami_Florida_city_flag.svg.png

Sorry to bump this old subject back up to the top(especially on my first post on CCSLC).

The logo above is the logo currently used by the Marlins for Spring Training. I imagine its possible that this could be the new logo, which would be a nice choice for a cap logo. The color combo is also possible, although the picture is not what its ultimately going to look like.

The Marlins WILL NOT be the colors of the new stadium logo. That would be worse than the Twins' Dairy Queen unis. I'm sure they will not be sporting the "rainbow" look. The new stadium logo consists of the "colors of the new stadium", but that doesn't mean at all that the team has to take those colors. Also, as far as seats colors are concerned, there are plenty of parks I've been to where the color of the seats do not reflect the home team. I could see the Marlins turning to a "blue-navy" type color, as long as its not exactly the same as the Yankees.

Orange is a huge possibility as a primary color. Yes, this would be the same as the O's and Giants, but if there is a color change what color could they possibly go to that wouldn't resemble an existing color combo?

But after all of that, they should bring back the TEAL in full force. I loved the all-teal hats, the teal pinstripe vest with teal undershirt, teal belts and socks....But there was something about those helmets that left a vomit taste in my mouth. I'd be very happy with the color combo when the all-black hats were first introduced. Black became dominate, but teal was still existant(which it is not on the current unis).

from http://www.marlinsdiehards.com/2009/06/miami-marlins-uniform-design-idea.html

While doing a Google image search for a Marlins-Orioles photo for a previous post, I stumbled across this photo of a Marlins hat made by Fitted Hawaii on the Strictly Fitteds blog. The hat, it appears, is no longer for sale on Fitted Hawaii's site (unfortunately), but it offers an interesting possibility for the Marlins' new uniforms when the team begins play in their new stadium (whereupon they will be known as the Miami Marlins).

The hat uses the template for the current batting-practice cap, but instead of the teal, silver, and black color scheme used now, this hat uses an orange and green scheme that is used by the University of Miami's athletic program. I always liked the orange and green combination (not just because I'm a fan of the U). As far as I can tell, Miami and Florida A&M University are the only major athletic teams to use the combination. The Marlins could make an interesting statement with these colors while also ditching the color teal, which has become an overused color choice in modern sports.

The major problem with these colors is that they do not resemble the colors found on an actual Marlin. Of course, teal and black don't necessarily match either, but they are a bit closer than orange and green. Additionally, there are plenty of examples of teams with animal mascots whose colors do not quite match up with that animal's colors (for instance, the Rays, Diamondbacks, Detroit Lions, and Atlanta Falcons, among others). So at the very least, while an orange and green Marlins uniform might not be entirely logical, it at least would be pretty original (for a baseball team, at least).

UPDATE: I recently discovered that this color scheme would also match the colors on the City of Miami flag. Check it out below, the more I think about this design, the more I like it.

Sorry to bump this old subject back up to the top(especially on my first post on CCSLC).

The logo above is the logo currently used by the Marlins for Spring Training. I imagine its possible that this could be the new logo, which would be a nice choice for a cap logo. The color combo is also possible, although the picture is not what its ultimately going to look like.

The Marlins WILL NOT be the colors of the new stadium logo. That would be worse than the Twins' Dairy Queen unis. I'm sure they will not be sporting the "rainbow" look. The new stadium logo consists of the "colors of the new stadium", but that doesn't mean at all that the team has to take those colors. Also, as far as seats colors are concerned, there are plenty of parks I've been to where the color of the seats do not reflect the home team. I could see the Marlins turning to a "blue-navy" type color, as long as its not exactly the same as the Yankees.

Orange is a huge possibility as a primary color. Yes, this would be the same as the O's and Giants, but if there is a color change what color could they possibly go to that wouldn't resemble an existing color combo?

But after all of that, they should bring back the TEAL in full force. I loved the all-teal hats, the teal pinstripe vest with teal undershirt, teal belts and socks....But there was something about those helmets that left a vomit taste in my mouth. I'd be very happy with the color combo when the all-black hats were first introduced. Black became dominate, but teal was still existant(which it is not on the current unis).

Hate to say it, but almost everything written here is wrong. Brace yourself for what you're going to see on November 11.

Hate to say it, but almost everything written here is wrong. Brace yourself for what you're going to see on November 11.

Man that sounds like an "end of times" warning. Are the new unis THAT bad?

Seeing that most of it is opinion and speculation I would say there's nothing wrong here.

If you want me to list facts here we go;

1.)The Marlins will not sport teal in their uniforms in 2012

2.)The logo on the hat above is the ST logo currently used

3.)Seats in a home teams ballpark do not always coincide with team colors

Archived