New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Anybody know how it looked on the last game?

64bf300464f9c4a110b92c4.jpg

Ain't so pretty, especially with the endzones and all

That picture right there is a perfect example as to why they needed their own ballpark> The Dolphins/ Landlords were so cheap they did not even want to strip the paint off the field, even though they will not host another home game until October 15th.

One note, I was at that game, and the Upper Deck wasn't opened up until the 2nd inning or so because the fans demanded it.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seeing the Trop makes me cringe. Anybody got any Advil?

its actually not that bad in person

I agree 100%. I was at the Trop last weekend, and while no one would ever accuse it of being the best ballpark in baseball, it's not bad at all. Much of the lower concourse resembles a Vegas-style arcade. Very unique. That said, I would like to know what the architect was thinking when designing the catwalks -- especially the "D" ring that blocks the view for much of the upper level when the tarp is removed.

That picture right there is a perfect example as to why they needed their own ballpark> The Dolphins/ Landlords were so cheap they did not even want to strip the paint off the field, even though they will not host another home game until October 15th.

It's grass, not FieldTurf. The only way to get rid of grass paint is to gross it and mow it or paint over it.

Besides, it's well established that the Dolphins screwed over the Marlins with the stadium issues their whole existence. This is largely because the Dolphins owner originally owned the Marlins, so he got the stadium revenue no matter what. However, once he sold the Marlins, the new owners apparently weren't smart enough to negotiate stadium rights. Huiszinga got all the concessions and parking money from Marlins games all these years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

word on the street is PepsiCo has obtained the naming rights to the new park

1: Source.

2: "Pepsi Stadium", "Pepsi Park" or "Pepsi Field" don't sound very good, but it's better than freaking Landshark Stadium.

spacer.png

The upper deck had been closed for weekday games for 9 years. The move in May was only for Saturday and Sunday games. All the Saturday package owners in the upper deck were moved into the infield box.

umm... no... Ive sat in the upper deck during the week within the past 9 years...

Only opened when the lower bowl was near capacity. I can dig through The Miami Herald archives from that period and find the article if you want.

Here is this article from 2011.

As a result, Loyello said, season-ticket holders with upper-deck seats will be ?upgraded? at no additional cost to infield box seats, ones much closer to the field, for the 31 remaining home games.

And the team will no longer sell upper-deck seats to the public on Fridays and Saturdays. The upper deck was closed the other five days of the week.

The Marlins will open the upper deck for Bark in the Park night Aug. 12, and Loyello said the team might make an exception for the season finale ? the final game ever for the Marlins at Sun Life Stadium ? when they face the Washington Nationals on Sept. 28.

-The Miami Herald

It was a decent crowd. The lower deck was officially sold out and the upper deck had a few thousand. I haven't seen the exact figures but I'd say it was between 27-30k.

1997 | 2003

Needless to say, the paint job was lame. Anyone else notice that they covered up the dirt for the football games prior to the Marlins final homestand?

sunlife091211.jpg

I noticed on TV! I kept looking over and over for that diamond, and with the Pats driving up and down the field, it was nowhere to be found. Thought that was interesting, wonder what took them so long to do this.

Years past, they would leave the dirt infield until the end of the seasons then sod over it. This year the Dolphins stated that they were going to sod from the beginning of the year regardless.

2: "Pepsi Stadium", "Pepsi Park" or "Pepsi Field" don't sound very good, but it's better than freaking Landshark Stadium.

How bout Pepsi Field at Marlin Stadium? Or just Pepsi Field?

I'm not sure if they've considered it, but I think honoring the history of the site would be awesome..."Pepsi Park at the Orange Bowl Grounds"...or something to that effect.

64bf300464f9c4a110b92c4.jpg

That's awful. I've hated seeing Marlins highlights on ESPN mainly due to this stadium, it's almost depressing to look at. I'm really glad they're getting a new stadium. I've never liked Sun Life Stadium, and was baffled at how it got a Super Bowl twice.

Also before anyone says anything, yes, I don't like the A's in O.co Coliseum either. :P

EDIT: I forgot Sun Life Stadium is getting Wrestlemania 27, which also annoys me, but whatever. If Marlins Ballpark was complete, they'd have the event there, I bet you.

bSLCtu2.png

Pepsi Grounds?

Ignoring my next sentence: Pepsi Field at the Orange Bowl?

It wont have stadium anywhere in the name. I talked with someone in their marketing department and they have gone great lengths to ensure people know this is a ballpark and not a stadium.

1997 | 2003

That's awful. I've hated seeing Marlins highlights on ESPN mainly due to this stadium, it's almost depressing to look at. I'm really glad they're getting a new stadium. I've never liked Sun Life Stadium, and was baffled at how it got a Super Bowl twice.

Also before anyone says anything, yes, I don't like the A's in O.co Coliseum either. :P

EDIT: I forgot Sun Life Stadium is getting Wrestlemania 27, which also annoys me, but whatever. If Marlins Ballpark was complete, they'd have the event there, I bet you.

2 Super Bowls?! Joe Robbie has hosted 5 super bowls (1989, 1995, 1999, 2007, and 2010). It has also hosted two World Series (1997 and 2003) and three BCS National Championship Games (2001, 2005, 2009).

I'm not sure if they've considered it, but I think honoring the history of the site would be awesome..."Pepsi Park at the Orange Bowl Grounds"...or something to that effect.

Pepsi Park at Orange Bowl Field? PepsiCo Colosseum?

Also, just because PepsiCo has obtained the naming rights to the stadium (assuming the rumor is indeed true) doesn't mean that the "Pepsi" trademark will necessarily make its way onto the stadium's name. Remember, PepsiCo owns a bevy of brands, including Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Lay's potato chips, Gatorade, Diet Pepsi, Tropicana beverages, 7UP (outside U.S.), Doritos tortilla chips, Lipton teas (PepsiCo/Unilever partnership), Quaker foods and snacks, Cheetos, Mirinda, Ruffles potato chips, Aquafina bottled water, Pepsi Max, Tostitos tortilla chips, Sierra Mist, Fritos corn chips, and Walkers potato crisps.

The naming rights to Tropicana Field, for instance, are owned by PepsiCo.

People would riot if it were Gatorade Field. UM Health's campus is a few blocks north on the other side of the river too. lol

Every quadrant of the ballpark is a certain color. I could easily see each quadrant getting a Pepsi subsidiary brand and the entire ballpark getting Pepsi. The team did want to match sponsors with the colors.

1997 | 2003

2 Super Bowls?! Joe Robbie has hosted 5 super bowls (1989, 1995, 1999, 2007, and 2010). It has also hosted two World Series (1997 and 2003) and three BCS National Championship Games (2001, 2005, 2009).

I was mostly speaking of the 2007 and 2010 ones. The others I understand because back then, state-of-the-art stadiums were different then they are now. I understand Sun Life Stadium got some improvements such as a better scoreboard, LED ribbons and other stuff, but I just can't buy it as a major stadium anymore. I've been spoiled by previous Super Bowls where they were held in massive buildings like Reliant Stadium and UofP Stadium.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived