2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants will only trade him if they can get a first or a second. Is he worth it? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think he'll stick it out with the Giants and ultimately sign an extension, but he needs to stay healthy and be more consistent.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Jets need to sign Edwards.

They have Holmes and a bunch of question marks at the WR position. Mason is 37 years old for heavens sake.

I think you might be on to something. I would rather the Jets pass on Mason and bring Braylon back. In fact, that might just be what they're doing.

While we're at it, I'd also like to see the Jets send a second rounder to the Giants for Umenyiora. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Jets need to sign Edwards.

They have Holmes and a bunch of question marks at the WR position. Mason is 37 years old for heavens sake.

I think you might be on to something. I would rather the Jets pass on Mason and bring Braylon back. In fact, that might just be what they're doing.

While we're at it, I'd also like to see the Jets send a second rounder to the Giants for Umenyiora. :D

In 2 WR sets, Edwards and Holmes, in 3 WR sets, Edwards and Plaxico on the outside, Homes in the slot.

If not Mr. T is really confusing me. No OTA's this year, a short offseason and the Jets now have a grand total of 1 WR with experience in our offense, and he's only been in the offense for 1 year.

Gone: Braylon Edwards (2 years), Jerricho Cotchery (7 years), Brad Smith (5 years).

This is not good for our 3rd year QB.

Okay, so Tannenbaum has missed on Asomugha, Heap, and now Edwards -- but you can't say he's not trying. It sounds like Derrick Mason is next to join up, and Kevin Boss is definitely being considered. Plus, they have plenty cap room now if they wanted to trade for an impact player, so I'm not gonna rule that out yet either.

6uXNWAo.png

No way will the Giants trade a player to the Jets as long as Rex is around.

If the Giants have something to gain by making a trade with a team they only play once every four years, why wouldn't they? (And how does Rex even fit into the equation!? :wacko: )

6uXNWAo.png

Rex Ryan has taken some swipes at the Giants, and has turned what was really a so-so rivalry and added some true bitterness.

What? Most NFL fans have no care about a NYG vs. NYJ media battle.

Fans close to the situation just fare if a team got better or worse from this new free agency period.

NYG got worse, NYJ stayed the same so both will need luck to reach the Suoer Bowl.

Saints lost C Jonathan Goodwin to SF; nola.com is reporting free agent C Olin Kreutz is visiting N.O. Guy seemed pretty solid with the Bears - Chicago fans, think he has anything left?

Also found this interesting...the new kickoff rules require the coverage team to line up no farther than 5 yards off the ball so players are experimenting with the best method for getting a fast start. Thought this one looked kinda old school, at least for the NFL:

9864261-standard.jpg

And here's Reggie (4, at least for now) in Dolphins gear:

86172_Dolphins_Camp_Football.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Kruetz is good for a handful of late-hit personal fouls, and he very well might punch out a teammate at a gun range, but that is about all he provides at this point.

Well, looks like the Saints are set for mayhem then. B)

Kreutz Signs with Saints

Guy turns down $4 million to stay in Chicago and I'm sure he's not getting paid that in New Orleans. Makes you wonder about things in the Windy City, doesn't it?

No, the Bears called his bluff. He wanted more money, felt he was being "disrespected", etc. Cap space aside, it was silly for Kreutz to demand $4.5 million a year when Jeff Saturday is making $2.5 million.

Well, time will tell who got the best end of the deal. But since Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton came to town, they haven't signed many duds.

"how's this Olin Kreutz?"

"old, undisciplined, can't snap a ball, screwed up his negotiations and took a 50% pay cut because he got butthurt"

"well we'll just have to see about THAT!"

Haha, what an exchange. If it were fumbled any worse, I'd say Olin Kreutz himself did it!

EDIT: I forgot, he can't run a shotgun. have fun

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived