College Basketball Courts

Yac12

While watching the Florida at Tennessee game I remembered that Tennessee once had the state outline at center court. I was trying to think of schools that have or had them. The current one I could think of is North Carolina, Texas, and Texas T&M. I know that Kansas had one before the did the large Jayhawk and Michigan State has 2 small ones with State going through it.

Are there schools that still use it besides the ones I thought of? Are there schools that had them in the past?

Kentucky had it at the old Memorial Coliseum before they moved to Rupp Arena in 1976. Apparently it remained after that, as the photo below will indicate. Notice that the end zone reads "Lady Cats". Not sure when it was done away with.

memorial_interior.jpg

There is a big UK at center court now, along with a thick outline for the volleyball court.

http://www.ukathletics.com/athletic-dept/memorial-coliseum-volley.html

I literally lived here my freshman year of college. There's soundproofed dorms underneath the seats. Dome Sweet Dome at the Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio. Better known as "The Convo".

OHIOConvoCenter2.jpg

OU had this court design up until this season. This year they went with a giant "Attack-Cat" logo at center court. Downgrade in my opinion. I don't remember the extra basketball lines, but I think those may have been a temporary thing.

While watching the Florida at Tennessee game I remembered that Tennessee once had the state outline at center court. I was trying to think of schools that have or had them. The current one I could think of is North Carolina, Texas, and Texas T&M. I know that Kansas had one before the did the large Jayhawk and Michigan State has 2 small ones with State going through it.

Are there schools that still use it besides the ones I thought of? Are there schools that had them in the past?

Michigan State no longer uses the State of Michigan outline with the State script through it. It's a shame because it was great.

Here's the current court:

6104322.jpeg

I literally lived here my freshman year of college. There's soundproofed dorms underneath the seats. Dome Sweet Dome at the Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio. Better known as "The Convo".

That's pretty interesting, was it nice to live there or just like any other dorm?

That's pretty interesting, was it nice to live there or just like any other dorm?

Aside from a slightly farther walk to class it was a really cool place to live. It's divided into mods of 4 rooms with two rooms upstairs and two downstairs and the four rooms share two bathrooms. The rooms are big too, much bigger than the dorm rooms some friends of mine lived. Like I said, it's soundproofed I couldn't tell if a game was going on or not.

For some reason, I doubt Wyoming or Colorado ever did this. :D

One time my high school team decided to buy undershirts from nikeid and you could choose three logos to put on the sleeve, and of course they decided to put the state outline, and now all I get asked about is why there is a square on my shoulder

Archived