College Basketball Courts

Yac12

This makes me wonder, why don't you see state outlines in other sports? In college football all I can think of is ECU's midfield logo. And nothing comes to mind in anything else.

Indiana has the state outline at midfield of their football field as well.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I literally lived here my freshman year of college. There's soundproofed dorms underneath the seats. Dome Sweet Dome at the Convocation Center in Athens, Ohio. Better known as "The Convo".

OHIOConvoCenter2.jpg

OU had this court design up until this season. This year they went with a giant "Attack-Cat" logo at center court. Downgrade in my opinion. I don't remember the extra basketball lines, but I think those may have been a temporary thing.

You're right...the extra basketball lines are temporary. They're just tape. The girls AAU team I used to coach played in tournament at OU a few years back and we played several games in the Convo on the side baskets. After a while, the tape started peeling.

• 9 months later...

Illinois added the state outline to their court again this year. They redesigned it to look much bolder than their past courts. Instead of a thin "University of Illinois" at the ends if the court it now says "Fighting Illini" in bold letters. Also, mid-court now features the block "I" with a faint outline of the state behind it instead of the new, weak looking "I" with italicizes "Illinois" across it. There is a lot less blue now and more orange. I would prefer a little more blue, but it's fine.

251826.jpg

251917.jpg

They have to hop off the stained wood bandwagon. It would be fine if the only part stained was the state outline, but there's no reason to make the inside of the three point line stained. And only coloring in the top of the key just looks stupid. Color the lane orange, make the out of bounds area blue, and keep the midcourt design and it would look great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived