St. Louis Stallions

ddub53

Is that double blue for the Panthers?

According to the color guide in the corner, it's black, light blue and silver. Exactly what they ended up with (if somebody wants to confirm the Pantones).

No, that's the unique black they used, and I believe they still do. It's not the standard Process Black C, but Process Black 6C.

Also, that specific blue isn't the color they use now. They currently use, and have used since the beginning, Process Blue C, while that's PMS 285.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the color guide in the corner, it's black, light blue and silver. Exactly what they ended up with (if somebody wants to confirm the Pantones).

No, that's the unique black they used, and I believe they still do. It's not the standard Process Black C, but Process Black 6C.

Also, that specific blue isn't the color they use now. They currently use, and have used since the beginning, Process Blue C, while that's PMS 285.

The Panthers actually started with Process Black C in '95, but all NFL teams moved to Black 6 C (no such thing as Process Black 6 C) in 1996.

In 2002, all NFL instances of Black changed from Black 6 to Black (or Process Black) in 2002. Except for the Panthers, who stayed with Black 6, and still do to this day.

The Panthers actually started with Process Black C in '95, but all NFL teams moved to Black 6 C (no such thing as Process Black 6 C) in 1996.

In 2002, all NFL instances of Black changed from Black 6 to Black (or Process Black) in 2002. Except for the Panthers, who stayed with Black 6, and still do to this day.

Thanks for the clarification. Some of that I did not know. I also never know how to type out the color names, because there's Process or PMS and I just get confused on how to write them out sometimes.

Walter Payton was going to the be the owner of the St. Louis Stallions. The selection of the Jacksonville Jaguars even caught the NFL by surprise when their in-house NFL Creative Services got sloppy and used the JAGUAR automobile logo for their identity. The NFL settled out of court with Jaguar with one of the concessions being a pull out full double page inside front cover Jaguar automotive ad in a Super Bowl program.

http://i.imgur.com/2XspM.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. Some of that I did not know. I also never know how to type out the color names, because there's Process or PMS and I just get confused on how to write them out sometimes.

For the most part, "Process" refers to four-color printing. Process Cyan (100% Cyan), Process Magenta (100% Magenta), Process Yellow (100% Yellow) and Process Black (100% K) all are indicative of base colors when printing using CMYK.

The exception is Process Blue, which in Pantone terms, refers to a specific Pantone base spot color ink. It is NOT a color used for CMYK reproduction.

"PMS" stands for PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM, which refers to Pantone's set of spot/solid colors used for printing.

It's interesting the panthers still use a different black considering every manufacture of product is just gonna use the same black they do for everyone else.

I tried to respond to this while at a client this afternoon...that'll learn me.

I think the primary reason has to do with on-field fabric colors - the Panthers use a different Pantone Textile match (as well as a different Nike color) for their Black. It sets them apart a bit from the teams utilizing Black.

• 4 months later...

Archived