Help Regarding a Sports Novel

knnhrvy16

And nash 61..."Boy on Defence"?...How OLD are ya?

Haha, I'm 18... I was a kid once! Those books are classics, though. I didn't realize that the author's son is Neil Young, though!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Off the top of my head, The Program and The Waterboy both used real colleges in their movies, though not as the school at the centerpiece of the film.

Other examples of "non" fiction that uses real schools are We Are Marshall, Rudy, Glory Road

PvO6ZWJ.png

What about Unecessary Roughness and the use of North Texas as the school?

Do you mean Necessary Roughness, as in this movie?

necessary-roughness.jpg

This was before there was an actual Texas State, BTW.

Sorry it took so long to respond guys, it's been a long day of classes today. But I greatly appreciate all of your input, this is exactly what I needed. I'll continue thinking about the idea, i very well may just create fictional schools and bowls, but we'll see. If I decide to go along with the real deals, I'll be sure to take the actions necessary to do it right. Anyways, thanks alot guys and I'll keep you all updated!

I think creating fictional schools and bowls is probably a better idea. Then you don't have to go through all the legal procedures to use them in your book.

What about Unecessary Roughness and the use of North Texas as the school?

Do you mean Necessary Roughness, as in this movie?

necessary-roughness.jpg

This was before there was an actual Texas State, BTW.

I knew the movie and the team colors! I just forgot the names. lol Thank you for correcting me. :hockeysmiley:

Archived