Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

I just got off of the phone with a member of the Manitoba Moose's front office, and we discussed the parameters of this contest.  Here are some of the guidelines:

1. They want a more "realistic" moose; more realistic, and more aggressive.  With this one, they don't want a "smiling" logo.  As far as realistic - think more along the lines of the Buffalo Sabres, rather than a "cartoon-y" representation.

2. The basic thought is to do this in their parent club's colors - the Vancouver Canucks.  The Canucks' colors are Deep Blue, Deep Red, Sky Blue, Silver and White.  I've got the Canucks' Pantones - email me off-line if you need them for this contest - donovan@ssur.org.  The Canucks colors are the main thought, but you can also try it with the current Moose colors of Dark Green, Black, Brown, Dark Brown, Yellow, Gray and White.

3. Try doing the Moose itself using the blues - maybe Deep Blue, with Sky Blue highlights.  A "blue moose" theme is what they might be after.

4. This logo should be able to be used primarily on the Deep Blue jersey, but should also be able to be worn on a White jersey as well.

5. We can post your designs here, but I will also be putting together a page on the SSUR.org website to collect these.

6. This is just a contest - no promise will be made regarding the Moose actually USING any of these designs.  Hopefully, they will find a couple of things they like, but there's no guarantees.  The general idea is that they're using this contest to take these designs to management and make a proposal.  This is mostly just for fun, but who knows?  They could use one of these and you'll be famous!  Or not.

The bottom line with the designs is this: use these guidelines, but if you have an idea that doesn't quite fit what I've outlined, submit it anyway.  You might hit upon something that they might like, and they could still go a different direction.

Happy designing; here's the current Moose logo to refresh your memories:

ManitobaMoose_PL_2002-9999_.jpg

Here's the Moose's website:

www.moosehockey.com

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, they're still gonna keep the primary logo as is; they're just looking for an idea for a third.

I got the impression that they like their logo too - it's just that the moose is smiling.  They want something else that's more aggressive.

Well...

All I can say is that there is no real budget THIS year for such a thing.  The idea for this contest is primarily so the Marketing Dept. can take ideas to upper management and propose the idea.  I don't want to speak for the team, but I would assume that if they were to use your idea (for example), they might work something out for next year's budget.  But don't hold me to that.  If nothing else, it would look real good in a portfolio.

In other words; maybe, maybe not.

???

Okay, so I got a logo, and I put it on a jersey template, and now I need a little help.  Sorry I'm so amature at this, but I have to start somewhere, correct?

Coloring it.  I've been using MS Paint.  It stinks.  The colors are not correct, and it looks horrible.  Can anyone suggest a program for me to do the jersey in where I can color and edit it better than MS Paint.  Thank you.

Posting it.  What am I supposed to do in this situation?  Send it to the team or leave it posted on this board.

Colors again.  Can you please instruct me on where to go to get the proper/correct pantones for both the Moose and their parent club, the Canucks (right?).

Again, thank you all so much.

Rob

(See, I finally straightened out my name!)

This is a simple jersey design, taken straight from the Canucks, I will be working on a more creative, jersey design. I just want some input on the logo. I created it free hand with the Buffalo Sabres logo in mind. The secondary logo on the shoulder is just a simple moose track. I'm thinking of scrapping that, but I would like some input on it. Also on the shoulders is just the Moose's current logo with new colors. Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/vladdy16/manitoba2copy.jpg

...and by the way, Snowcap, I think the point is to make an alternative to the smiley-ness of their current logo.

yea i know all about that. i tried makin my own logo..it was crap. haha..ive seen little kids trying to draw their favorite team logos better than i did :D

if u want ill post it

EDIT- i fixed it so its looks mean..i think it looks bad tho

untitled-1.png

Here is my idea, just using the Canucks third in Moose colors, which I didn't notice that sNOwcAp30 had posted until now, but mine's different, so here they are.

Copy and paste:

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/Moose-1.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/Moose-2.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/Moose-3.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived