Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
forgive me if this has already been stated....

How come they didnt use your innaugural patch?

Ummm. I'm not sure. They certainly like the way it looks.

It may be financial. The patches are probably pretty expensive. It may also be just that they played some games at Winnipeg Arena and didn't want to do multiple sets of jerseys.

They always auction off old ones when getting new ones though.

I don't know really. They have a lot going on over there. New building this year, trying to keep that THE place to be. Next year is their 10th anniversary AND they host the All-Star game.

My guess is they would've loved to but time got away on them and it was a casualty of that.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Either way.... great patch... great jersey.. great concept....

I mean... if you asked me a few years ago how intimidating you could make a Moose look... I probably would have laughed... seeing as how the most famous Moose is Bullwinkle..

But you certainly pulled it off nicely.... I guy a work with, his ice hockey team uses the Moose's old jerseys and he said they were all excited when that new one came out!

Solid!

I really like the patch. I never really took the opportunity to congratulate you on this whole situation with the Moose -- so congratulations! If I had money, I'd buy one of those jerseys in a second.

IUe6Hvh.png

holy shneebleys!!!! :blink:  did you design that #font? thats pretty cool

No... the Moose have used that since before they moved to Manitoba from Minnesota.

Small correction, the Moose didn't begin to use the 'antler font' until after they moved to Winnipeg.

The Minnesota Moose font was always the same as the current Dallas Stars.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/IHL/hawkinsbackjpg.jpg

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

As an aside, I saw the guy who runs dropthepucks last weekend, he plays in the hockey league I play in (but a much higher level--I was scorekeeping, not playing). Had a good conversation with his wife while he was playing, she was taking pictures with their new super-sweet digital SLR.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

as always a really nice job on the patch .....but sterling, buddy, can you possible start a new thread when you do new art....cause A) it will bring it more into focus and B ) It will be easier to see where the new topic begins ie. did this start on thread 14 or was it 15 :wacko:

as always a really nice job on the patch .....but sterling, buddy, can you possible start a new thread when you do new art....cause A) it will bring it more into focus and B ) It will be easier to see where the new topic begins ie. did this start on thread 14 or was it 15 

I'd be happy to. Especially if thats what people want.

I thought I was following the unwritten rule of not doubling or tripling up on topics that are all covering the same thing.

perhaps this thread is getting long in the tooth. Its the saga from start to finish. Tolkien-esue in its rambling length.

Oh well, they edited him into three separate books. I can do the same.

Next Moose thing (very soon hint hint) can be its own thread. But I swear, the first person who posts "You did that, Did I miss something?" is going to get this face :cursing:

I know he did look at all the submittals very carefully and gave them their due. ...Sabres style aggression...

Does that mean that they liked some of the designs, but none of them was going to happen? There were some submissions that were awesome. 5 or 6 were good enough for the pros IMO.

I give you credit for going straight to the source and getting it done. I see your old sketch and think of how good a job you did with them to sell the future of the design. Not an easy task, I'm sure.

Does that mean that they liked some of the designs, but none of them was going to happen? There were some submissions that were awesome. 5 or 6 were good enough for the pros IMO.

I give you credit for going straight to the source and getting it done. I see your old sketch and think of how good a job you did with them to sell the future of the design. Not an easy task, I'm sure.

Are you asking if some were eliminated immediately because they weren't aggressive enough? I have no idea.

I don't think there was every anything sinister or sneaky about it, or even anything official. I've tried to get the point across several times that I think it was a misnomer to call this a contest. We have so many of those in this community and half of them or more end with nothing to show for it.

These guys just wanted ideas. And I think we gave them ideas. I went back and checked Pantone's page and there were a lot of good ones. And there were a lot that didn't really acknowledge what they were asking for.

In retrospect yours is actually extrememly similar to mine Tom, and I think would've worked just as well. If this had started today instead of two years ago, I think they'd be overwhelmed by the quality and volume of suggestions they received. It just so happens that the Moose came on the heels of the T-Birds contest where the crux was jersey design, not logo design. I think thats where everybodys head was at.

And me, not even being a member here yet at the time (merely lurker) I thought my best shot was contacting them directly. I hope nobodys carrying hostility for me circumventing the board on this.

I would never begrudge anyone if they did the same thing. Contests are neat here cause it gets the juices flowing for everyone. But realistically, the wonderful part of the process was working steadily back and forth with the team......the collaberation of ideas is what netted the most thorough fruition of that logo. Its the only way to work. Contests make us all out to be like dogs doing tricks for snacks. I would love to see teams come here, but ideally they would come here more like the Moose did........and less like........everyone else has been.

PS - I dont know what they saw in that original sketch either. Its junk. But I guess it was viscious or crazy enough to grab their attention. No clue. I didn't sell it further to them AT ALL. They were happy as pie with the sketch. They asked me to try it with their colors (teal,tan,black) and I just had some zen mojo working or something. One night, four hours of work...it went from sketch to final. Got lucky on that part.

These guys just wanted ideas.  And I think we gave them ideas.  I went back and checked Pantone's page and there were a lot of good ones.  And there were a lot that didn't really acknowledge what they were asking for.

That's me! :) Their preferences be darned, I knew what they really wanted. :rolleyes:

Dangit... looks like I'll just miss you Sterling... I'm going to the March 19th game.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

That's me!  Their preferences be darned, I knew what they really wanted. 

Dangit... looks like I'll just miss you Sterling... I'm going to the March 19th game.

Are you talking about the 19th in Winnipeg or the Admirals vs Edmonton?

Cause the 15th and 17th are in Milwaukee where I am.

Bummer regardless. Trust me, if I ever DO get up that way....maybe All-Star weekend next year......I'll look ya up.

Its the only way to work. Contests make us all out to be like dogs doing tricks for snacks.

Truer words have not been spoken...

When some people go to the requests and throw up a contest...

That wastes alot of people's time... unless you don't mind busting your @$$ only for someone to either say the prize is a $10 Tye Dye T Shirt or something else useless.

There is alot of great talent here, and good talent deserves more than jumping through hoops for nothing!

Archived