Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

SyPhi-

That looks great. I'm not sure if that is exactly what they are looking for but it should be. My one problem is the coloring of the moose. The dark blue and the silver contrast so much that the don't work together well for the body. This is a case where two shades of silver or something might look good. However, I don't like it when teams use 2 shades of silver, but you made need something like that.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks GMS and STL Fanatic... your input is very much appreciated.

GMS mentioned that the moose in the logo should have a hairier body... I wasn't exactly shooting for the competitive swimmer look, but in trying to emphasize the definition of the muscles, I guess I made him a bit smoother than was necessary.

STL Fanatic... I tried using the two shades of blue, but that didn't look right at all. First off I don't like the blue moose idea all that much, but you work with what you get. The two shades of blue don't give you the contrast, especially being the darker type colours they are. So I did what I could... if I would make a version of the logo using current/traditional Moose colours, I would use the two shades of brown, and it would probably work half decently...

HOWEVER, IN THE MEANWHILE...

Here is my Moose 3rd Jersey Concept. Copy and Paste as usual... I think it'd look even better in real life... the grey trim on the sleeves would join up nicely at the elbow, the red trim joining nicely at the cuff of the sleeves. The logo is of course my own creation, the template is courtesy Roger Clemente.

FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Oh yeah... if anyone has pictures of the moose numbers as they are today, I'd appreciate them... they're some of the coolest, most creative numbers in sports... I'd like to use them on my concept, but had to relegate myself to using Arial... blech.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Ok, I know gradients on jerseys are sacrelig, etc, but...

Damn, those are nice.  I love the logo.  Great work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

FINALLY

Here we go...

my jersey concepts are up, and they're in jpeg format, so they're about 3 times as big in file size than normal... sorry, but gifs weren't giving me the colour accuracy I needed.

PLEASE REPLY WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS, CRITICISMS, etc.

Without further ado,

Manitoba Moose Dark Blue Checkmark Concept Jersey Design

Manitoba Moose Dark Blue Swoop Concept Jersey Design

Manitoba Moose Light Blue Checkmark Concept Jersey Design

Manitoba Moose Light Blue Swoop Concept Jersey Design

Manitoba Moose Red Checkmark Concept Jersey Design

Manitoba Moose Red Swoop Concept Jersey Design

Copy&paste as usual. Tell me which one(s) you like best, and why you like that one. Tell me which one(s) you like the least, and why you dislike it.

Thanks a bunch...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't like the white seperating the stripes in the patterns.  Maybe a white stripe on the outside.  For example, on the bottom trim of #6, leave the white on the top, but then have the grey, light blue, and navy stripes touching.

Otherwise, definitely the "swoop" instead of the "checkmark."  I do like the moose logo, for sure.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All in all some really beautiful work guys! Special kudos have to go out (IMHO) to bods, trich and skyrider.

I simply love everything about bods' design, both in the traditional Manitoba color scheme and the parent-club colr scheme. Trich's #2 treatment blew me away as well! Something about the moose's head with the team name arching above it just clicked. I also loved the secondary logo. These two primary logos are too close to call as far as I'm concerned. They're battling it out on top of my list. One minute I'm leaning towards bods' design, the next trich's.

As for skyrider, I like the 3/4 profile logo you came up with. It's very nice.

Great work, EVERYBODY!

Brian in Boston

• 2 weeks later...

I should announce that the contest is officially over.  The Moose have chosen about 4 or 5 designs that they're looking at, and will propose to the Moose front office.

I'll let you know what happens...

Archived