NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

I know it MAY be a little early, but I felt like I had to jump on this.

My roommate who works in a hockey shop here in Phoenix just got the new Reebok catalog in for next year.

He said there are multiple uniform changes coming for next year, based on what is in that catalog.

Here's the exact text he sent me:

"Islanders new third. Kings are changing their 3 jerseys. Tampa is changing up their home and aways. Toronto is getting a new third. Edmonton is getting a new home. Florida is changing up the home and away. Pittsburgh new third. Predators new home and away. Senators new third. Dallas new third and atlanta new third"

This is straight from the catalog, and if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the catalog has been a pretty good indicator of what is going to be coming out for the next season.

Should be pretty interesting. Any thoughts?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are hockey shops in Phoenix?

Haha yeah, there are.. a few actually.

I know, it's probably hard to take a guy seriously about hockey when he's lived in Phoenix all his life. Believe me, I've heard all the jokes.

If it makes a difference though, my roommate who supplied the information is originally from Edmonton and a huge Oilers fan.

My guesses/opinions:

NY Islanders - Probably orange 3rd, and if done right could be cool.

Los Angeles - Black/Silver 3rd becomes the home, Purple/Gold 3rd, possibly Silver/Black away. This is probably what would happen, although their identity just becomes a cluster :censored: of eras. I wish they'd streamline everything into one color palette/style.

Tampa Bay - Add more blue to everything, and get out of the Ottawa/Pittsburgh template. Both of which would be major upgrades. Just gotta hope the "Bolts" 3rd doesn't get a promotion.

Toronto - No idea why they'd change anything in their set, especially the 3rd. So I'm drawing a blank on this one.

Edmonton - Weird they would change just the home, considering they changed the home to the retro jersey. You would think they'd match up the road or get a new third. So again, drawing a blank here.

Florida - Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we see the stupid blue/light blue third become the home and then a white accompanies it. Which is beyond stupid. GO BACK TO RED.

Pittsburgh - Either their new WC jersey becomes the third, we finally see the re-emergence of the athletic gold, or its something completely different. I'd like to see one of the latter two, and probably even a completely new thing.

Nashville - Promote their 3rd to home and make a matching white away like we've been predicting for a while around here. There's too much talk about it for it to not happen.

Ottawa - So glad we're dumping the "SENS" nonsense. Hopefully an "O" jersey or the side-profile Senator.

Dallas - With the white jersey with the star logo being the current third, let's hope for the return of a green jersey. Possibly an attempt at the star template on the EDGE jersey.

Atlanta - Thank god we're getting rid of the wordmarked football jersey. I have no clue what it could possibly be, but probably red and anything that they make would be better than their current junk.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

There are hockey shops in Phoenix?

Haha yeah, there are.. a few actually.

I know, it's probably hard to take a guy seriously about hockey when he's lived in Phoenix all his life. Believe me, I've heard all the jokes.

If it makes a difference though, my roommate who supplied the information is originally from Edmonton and a huge Oilers fan.

Nah I was just giving you a hard time.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

My guesses/opinions:

Los Angeles - Black/Silver 3rd becomes the home, Purple/Gold 3rd, possibly Silver/Black away. This is probably what would happen, although their identity just becomes a cluster :censored: of eras. I wish they'd streamline everything into one color palette/style.

Tampa Bay - Add more blue to everything, and get out of the Ottawa/Pittsburgh template. Both of which would be major upgrades. Just gotta hope the "Bolts" 3rd doesn't get a promotion.

Toronto - No idea why they'd change anything in their set, especially the 3rd. So I'm drawing a blank on this one.

Edmonton - Weird they would change just the home, considering they changed the home to the retro jersey. You would think they'd match up the road or get a new third. So again, drawing a blank here.

Florida - Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we see the stupid blue/light blue third become the home and then a white accompanies it. Which is beyond stupid. GO BACK TO RED.

Pittsburgh - Either their new WC jersey becomes the third, we finally see the re-emergence of the athletic gold, or its something completely different. I'd like to see one of the latter two, and probably even a completely new thing.

Nashville - Promote their 3rd to home and make a matching white away like we've been predicting for a while around here. There's too much talk about it for it to not happen.

Ottawa - So glad we're dumping the "SENS" nonsense. Hopefully an "O" jersey or the side-profile Senator.

Dallas - With the white jersey with the star logo being the current third, let's hope for the return of a green jersey. Possibly an attempt at the star template on the EDGE jersey.

Atlanta - Thank god we're getting rid of the wordmarked football jersey. I have no clue what it could possibly be, but probably red and anything that they make would be better than their current junk.

These were all of the same things I thought. Although with LA, I hope they promote the current black alt, make a matching white for the away, and bring back a purple alt with black, white and silver accents on it.

Or even better, how about bringing back just the purple and yellow, with a purple home, white away, and yellow alternate? That'd be pretty sweet for a predominately "black uniform" Pacific Division.

Definitely hope for more blue in Tampa, and the red stays in Atlanta, and DEFINITELY wishing for a green alt in Dallas

I really hope the Islanders go with an orange version of what they have now. I personally prefer re-colorizations of jerseys for alternates and the home and away are quite perfect they way they are. If they go with an orange version of it, they could hit a home run as long as the execution's right

As for some of the others

-With Dallas a green version of what they have would be nice. I know I'm in the minority but I like the college hockey feel to those jerseys

-I hope LA sticks with the black and silver alternate. I got one for Christmas and I like the look they've got with that

-I would guess Florida (ugh) and Nashville are making their alternates primary jerseys now

-Maybe Tampa Bay will go with their original striping? As said before they need more blue, or at least make the blue easier to see. The alternates would be much better if they ditched the "Bolts" and had the regular logo on it

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

i can personally vouch for the fact that the stars alternate is going to be a return to green.

last april i had the honor of catching a game in a luxury box with brett hull with a few of my friends. my fiance was wearing my north stars jersey, which led hull to talk about how popular the north stars look is in dallas and how stars management regret minimalizing green. hull said that the stars are looking to take direct inspiration from the old north stars unis, with them going as far as toying with the idea of a return to kelly green. she was wearing my 70's double-stripe, but hull seemed to be referencing the 91 era green/yellow/black/white unis that are so popular.

expect the uniforms to be semi-retro in an 80's style. he also said they were toying around with a new crest for the alternate, possibly a D or S in a minnesota-style logo.

it sounded very very much like an in-house job, with hull actually asking for our input (and even asking for me to email him my friend ken chernoff's concept).

take it with a grain of salt, since hully likes to talk... but that's what he said, and all rumors i've heard since then from media and broadcasters seem to be backing brett up.

i'm holding off on buying an actual authentic stars jersey until i see how this alternate looks. if it's as good as it has potential to be, i'm going to try and justify dropping a few hundred for a jamie benn authentic with the wifey. -crosses fingers... twice.-

I can verify a few of them.

The Ottawa "SENS" jersey is finally going to die.

The Predators will be getting a new H/R/3rd

Toronto is getting a new third :mad:

Not surprised by the EDM or FLA ideas.

LA does surprise me, as does Tampa.

The rest I figured would be a few years off.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Edmonton is getting a new home.

Eh, I hope your roommate meant new away, as in a white jersey to match home (retro).

I wish the Oilers stayed navy/copper and went back to the 97-07 uniforms, with the current home as an alternate. As long as those awful practice jerseys don't see another game after this season, I'll probably be happy.

i can personally vouch for the fact that the stars alternate is going to be a return to green.

last april i had the honor of catching a game in a luxury box with brett hull with a few of my friends. my fiance was wearing my north stars jersey, which led hull to talk about how popular the north stars look is in dallas and how stars management regret minimalizing green. hull said that the stars are looking to take direct inspiration from the old north stars unis, with them going as far as toying with the idea of a return to kelly green. she was wearing my 70's double-stripe, but hull seemed to be referencing the 91 era green/yellow/black/white unis that are so popular.

expect the uniforms to be semi-retro in an 80's style. he also said they were toying around with a new crest for the alternate, possibly a D or S in a minnesota-style logo.

God I hope so. The Stars belong in green. It keeps the memory of the Minnesota North Stars alive. I've been a big Stars fan since the late 70's/early 80's. The early 80's green North Stars jersey is my favourite jersey of all time.

Meanwhile as far as the others go. You have to assume that if the sale of the Coyotes goes through and the team is renamed the ARIZONA Coyotes, they will have to tweak their logos.

I'm hoping that Ottawa puts the 2D Senator on the front of the thirds and ditch the stupid "Sens" wordmark.

As for the Leafs, I suspect another retro jersey. Probably modeled after the curvy Leaf from the late 1960's when they last won the Cup. Although I'm hoping they wear thier original green maple leaf sweater from the 1926/27 season.

The Catch of the Day!

My guesses/opinions:

I know some people who work for the Islanders and they told me, (and I hope to God that this is not true) that the Islanders 3d jersey will not be orange but will be black. Yes another case of BFBS. When they told me this all I could do was facepalm and say "I really, really hope this isn't the case."

My guesses/opinions:

I know some people who work for the Islanders and they told me, (and I hope to God that this is not true) that the Islanders 3d jersey will not be orange but will be black. Yes another case of BFBS. When they told me this all I could do was facepalm and say "I really, really hope this isn't the case."

BLACK??? The Islanders have NO BLACK WHATSOEVER even in their logo! They never have, and they'd better not ever have! :cursing:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Edmonton is getting a new home.

Eh, I hope your roommate meant new away, as in a white jersey to match home (retro).

I wish the Oilers stayed navy/copper and went back to the 97-07 uniforms, with the current home as an alternate. As long as those awful practice jerseys don't see another game after this season, I'll probably be happy.

Actually, my roommate did just get back home, and he just corrected me. Edmonton will be getting a new away uniform next year.

My guesses/opinions:

BLACK??? The Islanders have NO BLACK WHATSOEVER even in their logo! They never have, and they'd better not ever have! :cursing:

Maybe they're trying to appeal to Mets and Knicks fans. They have black too.

*Images of favorite sports teams/players*

My guesses/opinions:

Maybe they're trying to appeal to Mets and Knicks fans. They have black too.

Exactly what I was thinking

Archived