NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

It's good news that Dallas is likely going back to green. Be it a retro alt. or more modern (but has a good deal of green in it), it's an improvement over what they have now. Maybe keep their current black "Dallas" script as an alt. when the green returns? Who knows.

I did send them one of my Stars concepts last summer, and wonder (however slightly) if they've seriously considered something along the lines of this:

4994005495_ce5dd2c743.jpg

The star template doesn't fit on the Edge unis... butthen again, they said that about hem stripes, too.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good news that Dallas is likely going back to green. Be it a retro alt. or more modern (but has a good deal of green in it), it's an improvement over what they have now. Maybe keep their current black "Dallas" script as an alt. when the green returns? Who knows.

I did send them one of my Stars concepts last summer, and wonder (however slightly) if they've seriously considered something along the lines of this:

4994005495_ce5dd2c743.jpg

The star template doesn't fit on the Edge unis... butthen again, they said that about hem stripes, too.

They tend to say a lot of things...

untitled-6.jpg

I actually talked to a store rep (who is an aquaintance of mine through a friend) here in Vancouver yesterday morning. He mentioned a few tidbits of info you have listed here.

... the Panthers are going back to thier roots with similar but not entirely identicle jerseys as the originals (which makes sense, cause there was a story that broke around late August early Sept that the Panthers owner wanted the team to wear a non-Reebok Edge original Red home jersey a few times during this season, which was an idea that was scrapped.) That is all I have for rumors.

This is different than anything I've read about the Panthers. In fact, the only article I read from the fall about the uni changes is this:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2010/08/hip-to-be-whale-hartford-merchandise-red-hot-panthers-going-blue.html

... which is what I based my mockup on. It says the owner wants to keep the main Panther but switch colors to light blue and blue. They likely canceled the red jersey nights because that's the color most fans want to see, while the org wants to sell trendy colors (way late).

I really hope your friend is right and red returns, but it sounds some of the facts from the same source material got just a touch mixed up like a game of telephone.

I know it MAY be a little early, but I felt like I had to jump on this.

My roommate who works in a hockey shop here in Phoenix just got the new Reebok catalog in for next year.

He said there are multiple uniform changes coming for next year, based on what is in that catalog.

Here's the exact text he sent me:

"Islanders new third. Kings are changing their 3 jerseys. Tampa is changing up their home and aways. Toronto is getting a new third. Edmonton is getting a new home. Florida is changing up the home and away. Pittsburgh new third. Predators new home and away. Senators new third. Dallas new third and atlanta new third"

This is straight from the catalog, and if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the catalog has been a pretty good indicator of what is going to be coming out for the next season.

Should be pretty interesting. Any thoughts?

Have a question about the Oilers. No its not "Did you make a typo when said Home" we all know you meant the away but are the Oilers keeping the Navy jersey with half stripes as a third? Icethetics seems to think so but the guy just mirrored all your new info so maybe he misunderstood.

From Icethetics...

Many fans were expecting/hoping the white jersey would make its return this season, but after three consecutive seasons of uniform changes in Edmonton, the NHL probably frowned upon the notion of a fourth ? even though the Islanders got away with it. And as disappointing as that may be, let's take solace in the fact that it's being rectified next season and not five years from now. Unfortunately, however, the third jersey will not be changing. So those wanna-be stripes aren't disappearing entirely quite yet.

Icethetics just posted this. Someone found it at a Preds charity auction.

Anyone else find it odd that it would appear in a charity auction? If this were going to be the away jersey next year, why would they release it in an auction? There would be no marketing plan for the "new" jersey, since everyone would know what it looks like. If this were going to be the away next year, it would have been kept under wraps, not thrown out there in some charity auction.

This is the team that "leaked" their third at a Taylor Swift concert.

70389454.png

Icethetics just posted this. Someone found it at a Preds charity auction.

Anyone else find it odd that it would appear in a charity auction? If this were going to be the away jersey next year, why would they release it in an auction? There would be no marketing plan for the "new" jersey, since everyone would know what it looks like. If this were going to be the away next year, it would have been kept under wraps, not thrown out there in some charity auction.

This is the team that "leaked" their third at a Taylor Swift concert.

+1

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

Just a random thought I had today about the Oilers. Does anyone else think that perhaps the Oilers are going back to the original orange and blue because their owner owns the Rexall Pharmaceutical Company? The colours of Rexall are roughly the same colours as the Oilers old colours. Just a bit of a conspiracy theory I guess.

Honestly, I don't think that's it. There's still a huge soft spot for any of the retro gear here, especially after the uninspired Edge redesign. It may be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction that's going too far back, but the blue-and-orange always has sold and always will sell.

My mom has worked for Rexall for a number of years now at a local store and before Katz had bought the Oilers, Rexall's colours were blue and red. After buying the team, he switched the Rexall colours to blue and orange.

8prlQWA.png

You forgot one: Phoenix new home and away due to relocation to Winnipeg :D

guh. another throwback design?

:)

Please no baby blue or circle logos! :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Look for Toronto to go back to their past to 'honour' a design that reeks of success and is synonymous with the Stanley Cup.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived