NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like everything except the striping on the whites. Had they made the blue arm length stripes into shoulder yolks instead they could have avoided the vertical and horizontal stripe clash. I think it would have worked much better. Other than that, they're both pretty nice.

zzPEfBm.png

While not perfect we should all be thankful for this unveiling for the following reasons...

-No Piping

-No Side Panels

-No Front Numbers

-No Contrasting Nameplates or any other faux retro elements

-Broad Horizontal Stripes on the hem.

Yes the NHL is slowly moving back to respectability, at least when it comes to the jerseys.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I also like the way the arm horizontal stripes cut through the vertical stripe on the away jerseys. Light blue at a minimum. No outlandish nameplates or number fonts. Good work. Really good work.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

VmWIn6B.png

The blues are definitely the superior of the two uniforms, but the whites keep things interesting.

My favorite part is that it looks like a pre-edge sweater. No bettman stripes, there's hem-stripes, regular white instead of vintage white, full sleeve stripes, and a number font that isn't trying too hard. It's a really classy sweater that is a replacing probably the least classy sweaters the NHL has ever seen (Thrashers).

I just wish they had the players model the uniform as it'll be worn on the ice. Sometimes teams make interesting choices with their socks and I'd like the see the full package. We already know they're going to wear plain navy pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My fear became reality - the red on the logo looks EXTREMELY out of place now, with the uniform being mostly double blue. They couldn't even include just a little red trim?

I like the design of the uniforms, but the colors just don't look very thought out. Even the slightest bit of red would've saved it for me. I don't hate 'em, but I'm not really loving them at all, either.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The road jersey reminds me of what the Bruins wore before the Edge redesign. I think it would look a bit less cluttered if they did the same things the Bruins did and didn't show the shoulder/arm stripe in between the two blue arm stripes.

330zl3b.png

I continue to be underwhelmed by the Jets' identity package. The unis, right in step with the logo, deliver another "meh" from me. Not horrible, just non-descript. The logo and unis feel like placeholders until the permanent package is done. I know they are not, but they both just feel unfinished.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The road jersey reminds me of what the Bruins wore before the Edge redesign. I think it would look a bit less cluttered if they did the same things the Bruins did and didn't show the shoulder/arm stripe in between the two blue arm stripes.

That's not at ALL like what the Bruins had. THe bruins only had stripes contained within the arm stripe. They did not wrap around the arm.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

That's not at ALL like what the Bruins had. THe bruins only had stripes contained within the arm stripe. They did not wrap around the arm.

Key phrase here: "remind me of". Not "look exactly like".

330zl3b.png

Archived