NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem with the Hawks' primary that everyone here seems to love is the same problem I have with the Red Sox' road grays. They're the Blackhawks. It makes no sense for them to be wearing red sweaters at home for most of the year. I'm glad that the original black sweater (without the unoriginal roundel and gross vintage white) is coming back, but it really needs to be made the primary. They could still use the red sweaters as an occasional alternate.

The team is named of "Cheif Black Hawk" it has nothing to do with them wearing black. Besides that Red Hawks jersey is easily one of the best in NHl history. As for the third, who says they even need one? Like Detroit they're Home and Away's are good enough to stand on their own.

My problem with the Hawks' primary that everyone here seems to love is the same problem I have with the Red Sox' road grays. They're the Blackhawks. It makes no sense for them to be wearing red sweaters at home for most of the year. I'm glad that the original black sweater (without the unoriginal roundel and gross vintage white) is coming back, but it really needs to be made the primary. They could still use the red sweaters as an occasional alternate.

The team is named of "Cheif Black Hawk" it has nothing to do with them wearing black. Besides that Red Hawks jersey is easily one of the best in NHl history. As for the third, who says they even need one? Like Detroit they're Home and Away's are good enough to stand on their own.

Pretty much this.

That's a shame. I like the current third. Also, they already wore the old black with the Edge cut.

Yup, and it was popular.

I hate that jersey. It's just so dark and bland. Especially when you have the red jersey that is as good as it is, a third jersey just isn't needed. I'd be disappointed if that black jersey came back. The Hawks should just wear red 41 times a year.

The main problem I have with the black jersey is that, once the crest changed and they got rid of the gold outline on it, the Indian head doesn't nearly stand out as much as it should.

For what it's worth, when I went to the Blackhawks Store on Michigan at the end of the season, all of their black jerseys - both the fauxback alternate and the "original" black alternate - were on the clearance rack. That suggests to me that if the original black alt is returning, it's not without some alteration. More likely, though, it's just red and white next season.

Also, a Google image search brought this up. ROFLcopter.

The gold outline did really help the black jersey. But I just don't think a black jersey can look good on either the home or road template. As it is, the red stripes get washed out by not touching any white. That template works on the road because the red and black stripes stand out well against the white jersey.

I think if they made the third based on the home jersey it would look even worse. If you made the bottom red with white stripes, the red wouldn't be enough to contrast with the black of the jersey. I think it would just look bad if they made the bottom white with red stripes.

The Winter Classic third is a good looking jersey, but I think it's too big of a departure from the standard home and road to be worn full time. I'd be perfectly happy if the Hawks don't have an alternate.

And while that fake looks horrible (as do most of the Blackhawks fakes), I'm questioning more why there is a need to make knockout Nick Boynton jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oh, Jesus.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

...Haters. :P

I understand that the team's technically named after Chief Blackhawk but it's still just kind of weird and dissonant to me to have one color in your name and a completely different one in your uniforms. I dunno... maybe I'm just weird, but whatever.

You must really be confused about Bowling Green.

:upside:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The consistency dork in me hates that black blackhawks jersey because none of the stripes on the jersey or socks match the pants stripe which is a white-red-white stripe on a black background. The Canucks have the same problem.

They made a black version of the white jersey when I think they should've made a black version of the red jersey. If that makes any sense.

PvO6ZWJ.png

the original sweaters actually were tan. That's not vintage white, that's the proper color

Blackhawks08.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Oh, Jesus.

Yeah basically.

Anywho, the blackhawks black alternate sucks tremendous shaft. The fans love to wear them, but they look like crap on the ice. the winter classic was great for it's event, but they need to add a thicker stroke on the numbers or something, otherwise they're drab.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh, Jesus.

Yeah basically.

Anywho, the blackhawks black alternate sucks tremendous shaft. The fans love to wear them, but they look like crap on the ice. the winter classic was great for it's event, but they need to add a thicker stroke on the numbers or something, otherwise they're drab.

Agreed.

The jersey was a nice novelty for the Winter Classic but as a third, it simply doesn't work.

I suppose an argument could be made that the Blackhawks are a team that really doesn't need an alternate, so just stick with what they have.

I agree with this, the black jersey isn't really needed at all, the red one is a classic. Plus, the crest logo looks weird without an outline, the hair blends in with the background, and as someone already mentioned, the striping not matching the pants stripe is bothersome. The stripe would look much better being white-red-white, and I'd prefer if the hem was similar to the red jersey, white all the way down with two red stripes, essentially the reverse of the red jersey.

I suppose an argument could be made that the Blackhawks are a team that really doesn't need an alternate, so just stick with what they have.

Exactly.

As for Lights Out, just stick to posting in the basketball, baseball, or football threads, because beyond your comments about Boston not truly being a hockey town, or the Blackhawks having to wear black, just because they're the Blackhawks, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You can't read the numbers on the Winter Classic thirds. That's bad. You lose most of the crest on the old black sweaters because they got rid of the outline when they went to the smiling logo. That's bad too.

The Blackhawks don't need a regular alternate because it means wearing the reds less, which most people feel is among the best uniforms in sports. They only need two sweaters, though I might like a barberpole night once every few years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just giving my 2 cents about the Kings new look... I hate it. It needs more purple. Kings are royal, royalty wears purple. I liked what they had much better than this new fake me out Raiders BS.

I hate the new primary crest logo also... It looks like it'd be more fitting for an MLS team than an NHL team. The crown logo was great.

90758391980.gif

in this thread, a few pages back.

98vkqt.jpg

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I LOVE this jersey, & I also love the black one. The Kings now have one of my favorite sets in all of sports, much less the NHL. I've always loved seeing the Kings in black & silver (mainly because that's what I grew up with.).

Speaking of minority opinions...I actually like the red Panthers jersey, mainly because they dropped the piping. That was a good idea: Switch to the superior color, then take off the piping. It's not the best jersey in the world, but it's certainly an okay one. Not gonna make the Panthers any more relevant, but eh.

And finally...thank God the Oilers finally decided on one identity, and they went back to the old ones which translated very well to the edge cut.

I absolutely Agree. These are now one of my top jerseys in sports. It's perfect.

Archived