NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoever it was that added red to the St Louis BLUES uniform set should be shot

Why? It was a nice complement to the blue note and striping until they went completely overboard with it. That version of the blue note was better than the one now, too, which seems too pointy.

Sorry .... missed this one earlier ...

Because as long as I remember it was St Louis Blue tradition for ages to wear blue with yellow, adding red to it was way over the top and one too many colors. That's what I find wrong with too many teams these days, is going overboard on the amount of different colors used.

St Louis has always had a great looking jersey, ever since I first seen them in 1970 .... I just can't understand how you or anyone else can think this jersey needed red in it ....

garryunger3.jpg

2569_1972_73_garry_un.jpg

Just here on Page 108? Because the piano has been mentioned here and in the Nashville thread, probably more than once in each now.

Yeah I've seen at least a dozen comments about the piano in the last week.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What I'd love to know is why no one has mentioned that there is a PIANO on the inside of the collar of the Preds' new jersey?

Screenshot2011-06-30at112438PM.png

I noticed it and I mentionned it about 10 pages back, but people must of missed my post.

Because as long as I remember it was St Louis Blue tradition for ages to wear blue with yellow, adding red to it was way over the top and one too many colors. That's what I find wrong with too many teams these days, is going overboard on the amount of different colors used.

hull_brett(Getty%20Images).jpg

This is a really nice sweater. I don't think two colors with the hint of a third is overboard at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

hull_brett(Getty%20Images).jpg

This is a really nice sweater. I don't think two colors with the hint of a third is overboard at all.

I agree with you here, that very sweater is actually my favorite Blues sweater. I like the 60's-70's look too, but that red hint looked really good on these sweaters. Now, the Gretzky unis were a bit overboard, yes, but these used red beautifully as a trim. Really clean.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm not a fan of patches that use the team's logo verbatim like that. I think there are enough individual elements in there that could have been extracted and repurposed for the patch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's a closer look at the Islanders 40th Anniversary logo

40th_Anniversary_Logo_Patch.jpg

Three guesses as to what the four stars symbolize -- and the first two guesses don't count.

Four decades of existance? :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hopefully one of these days the Sharks will undo the mistake they made when they redid their logo and uniform a few years ago and bring back the original Sharks logo.

Can't agree with you.

This is a good idea, but terrible execution:

200px-SJSLogo_Old.svg.png

The designer has obviously never actually seen a hockey stick.

By the time he re-worked his design, he'd gotten much more familiar (still not perfect, though).

sharks-logo-300x237.jpg

The new logo is a huge upgrade to my eye. The biggest problem with it remains the triangle. My preference would be to drop the triangle altogether, and just use the full-body shark on all the sweaters:

sharks_alt_big.jpg

That's my favorite part of the whole logo package.

I agree Gothamite and actually I'd like the black sweater even more if they wore teal or brown/orange (whatever the stick color is) shorts with them, because the monochrome black thing just doesn't look good. But yes the full shark logo is excellent.

Boy, that sure reminds me of this Oilers anniversary logo...

hfc1kqqmu68emyc50zzzv1icd.gif

And if that doesn't work, I apologize... Still figuring out how to insert images with my phone!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Three guesses as to what the four stars symbolize -- and the first two guesses don't count.

The four Stanley Cups. Just like the 12 other logos the Islanders have/had with some sort of symbolism of the four cups :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived