NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Here's a closer look at the Islanders 40th Anniversary logo

40th_Anniversary_Logo_Patch.jpg

Three guesses as to what the four stars symbolize -- and the first two guesses don't count.

The four Stanley Cups. Just like the 12 other logos the Islanders have/had with some sort of symbolism of the four cups :P

You'll notice the "I" in Islanders has four point on it. And one of the points points to the place where they won four Stanley Cups.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three guesses as to what the four stars symbolize -- and the first two guesses don't count.

The four Stanley Cups. Just like the 12 other logos the Islanders have/had with some sort of symbolism of the four cups :P

You'll notice the "I" in Islanders has four point on it. And one of the points points to the place where they won four Stanley Cups.

Hell, the exit on the Meadowbrook Parkway for Hempstead Turnpike and the Coliseum? M4. See, this franchise loves to symbolize the four Stanley Cups everywhere ^_^

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I'm pretty sure it's just the replicas getting the wordmarks, the game-issued and authentics will retain the logo.

I'm with elliot on this. Green and orange is the way too go when it comes to the Anaheim Ducks. Think about it. No other professional team amoung the Big 4 wears Green and Orange, also you would be combining the Disney and Current eras together to form an actual identity that most could agree on. Not to mention, those are the perfect colors for a duck/mallard, and because Dallas seems more determined to remove green out of their identity, a green team would be a welcome sight in the NHL. You don't need Black or Metallic Gold, and was for the logos, the D should become their primary, and they should adjust the oval-like Anaheim Ducks logo, in terms of how the letters are aligned, and use the Wild Wing logo they used to have that had the goalie-mask duck staring straight at you, while revising the hockey stick to work with a circular crest instead of an oval.

I'm pretty sure that the new ownership will bring back the green. The new jerseys are so despised here that every team store still carries the pre-Edge jerseys.

I would sure hope so. I was never in love with their late 1990's look, but the only current jersey I like of theirs now is the away jersey with the actual logo. It always fascinates me how teams like Dallas and Edmonton got beer-league practice jerseys, while others nailed it (i.e. Boston and Washington)

I don't think the template Dallas went with is all that bad, but a green version of the current third as a new home uniform, as various concepts here have shown, would make for a pretty awesome jersey.

That said, I also like what the Iowa Stars did with their uniforms. If Dallas for whatever reason don't plan on sticking with their current template in the near future, I'd love to see them do something like this:

thb_timonen_iowa.JPG

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I don't think the template Dallas went with is all that bad, but a green version of the current third as a new home uniform, as various concepts here have shown, would make for a pretty awesome jersey.

That said, I also like what the Iowa Stars did with their uniforms. If Dallas for whatever reason don't plan on sticking with their current template in the near future, I'd love to see them do something like this:

thb_timonen_iowa.JPG

Now you see, that's good, it has a lot of potential and somewhat of a Minnesota North Stars vibe with that template.

As a Sharks fan the new logo/jerseys have grown on me but if they were to change things up I would not be too upset. They need to have throwback nights and go with the Original teal a few nights a year.

Hell, the exit on the Meadowbrook Parkway for Hempstead Turnpike and the Coliseum? M4. See, this franchise loves to symbolize the four Stanley Cups everywhere ^_^

I know everyone is focused on the stars (in good fun) but can anyone tell me why the word "YEARS" is smaller than the rest of the type? That's really bothering me, especially with a giant "OF" next to it (a word that is often shrunk).

thb_timonen_iowa.JPG

That's not an Edge jersey is it?

thb_timonen_iowa.JPG

That's not an Edge jersey is it?

It is a Reebok, but sure doesn't look one. Hmm, is that picture from a few years ago? I'm not sure.

2ly2w09.jpg

thb_timonen_iowa.JPG

Now you see, that's good, it has a lot of potential and somewhat of a Minnesota North Stars vibe with that template.

See how much better the hem stripes look when they follow the contours of the hem? Every NHL team should do it this way, in action you would no longer even notice the shirt tails style hem.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

So with all that Mighty Ducks talk last page, I thought I'd also post an NHL 12 update.

Look what NHL 12 producer Sean Ramjagsingh posted today: http://yfrog.com/h3311vtj

If you can't see me, I'm doing a happy dance.

I WANT FISHSTICKS!!! Those were great, not even kidding, sans the logo they were Awesome

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

What I'd love to know is why no one has mentioned that there is a PIANO on the inside of the collar of the Preds' new jersey?

Screenshot2011-06-30at112438PM.png

I noticed it and I mentionned it about 10 pages back, but people must of missed my post.

My bad, there is so much stuff in this thread that it is easy to overlook some items.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm pretty sure it's just the replicas getting the wordmarks, the game-issued and authentics will retain the logo.

I doubt it. Some CHL draft picks had the Reebok script on their jerseys. Also, Reebok has essentially eliminated all of the old vector logos off of their equipment (a la their helmets and gloves this year).

OttawaSenators.png

So with all that Mighty Ducks talk last page, I thought I'd also post an NHL 12 update.

Look what NHL 12 producer Sean Ramjagsingh posted today: http://yfrog.com/h3311vtj

Oh, hell yes. Finally! I, too, am happy dancing...

g-body-odd-110303-elaine-dance.nv_nws.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Well, thank God for that... I'm not sure how I'd be able to sleep at night had they not included those. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to check out the copy of NHL 11 I get a while back (still finishing up other games), but I thought they included an option to adjust the design of the teams' existing templates and/or what jerseys certain teams would wear as their primary set?

Awesome :D

Interesting how EA have reintroduced them so late when 2K have had the classic Ducks jerseys in their games for the past few years. Not sure about 2K11 though, I passed on that in favour of NHL Slapshot.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The new logo is a huge upgrade to my eye. The biggest problem with it remains the triangle. My preference would be to drop the triangle altogether, and just use the full-body shark on all the sweaters:

Oh no, I don't like it sans triangle at all. First of all, the full-body shark looks like it's doing an orca impression to me. Second, the triangle is good symbolism in the vein of the Penguins' triangle, if it's interpreted as representing San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose. I don't know if that's the intent, but I always thought that was kind of the idea, what with the west, east, and south points and all.

Thought: if we were talking about the San Francisco Sharks here, as I maintain we ought to be, you could push the orange as Golden Gate Orange. Just a thought.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived