NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Here are some photos of the jerseys I own..

This the first jersey:

rctWZ.jpg

This is the second jersey of this style with mesh under arms and non shinny grey area

4M3Rv.jpg

Comparing the two teals, call me crazy but I notice a difference

CxCqw.jpg

0MVZz.jpg

The tag on the collar

BNk6A.jpg

The CCM logo on the back of the jereys

3ufdF.jpg

These are both Replica's which are not always 100% accurate to what is worn on the ice. Only Cwx knows if the teal changed during this era.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been over this fairly recently...and you guys all know that I have all of my color info on my site, right???

:P

Anyway, here's a comparison of the Teal over the years:

SanJoseSharksTeal_1998_SOL_SRGB.png

SanJoseSharksTeal_2007_SOL_SRGB.png

SanJoseSharksTeal_2008_SOL_SRGB.png

SanJoseSharksTeal_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Remember that these represent the colors in print; however, I do believe that the changes were represented in the fabric colors as well.

So it's 2011/12, so could there be a 20 year patch? It's not 10 seasons, so the lock out wouldn't be a factor.

If they do a 20 year patch, use the good logo.

Not the P.O.S. they're switching to.

bufg.png

The Sharks may be a 1990s expantion team but they're at least spiritually related to the Oakland Seals, one of the "Next Six" expansion franchises. Plus they play in the San Francisco Bay Area, a traditional market. These factors lead me to believe that a traditional design is more fitting for the Sharks.

Why do you consider San Francisco a traditional hockey market?

The Sharks may be a 1990s expantion team but they're at least spiritually related to the Oakland Seals, one of the "Next Six" expansion franchises. Plus they play in the San Francisco Bay Area, a traditional market. These factors lead me to believe that a traditional design is more fitting for the Sharks.

Because they had a WHL team in the years leading up to the second six.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The year a team was formed now should determine the style of uniform they wear? :blink:

This may not come across they way it will be read, but sometimes a look is only classic because it never got changed.

Well it may not be New England, the Atlantic states, or midwest, but it does get chilly in the winter. If you're looking for a climate-related reason, there you go.

Though that's not really why I think of it as a traditional market. It may not be a true traditional hockey market, but it ranks right up there with Boston, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Washington as a prominent, great American city. It's definitely a market the league should be in. The show of support for the Sharks seems to support that hypothesis. They just need to embrace the San Francisco idenity. If the Sharks and Warriors could go halfsies on a hockey/basketball arena in San Fran proper that would be ideal.

The year a team was formed now should determine the style of uniform they wear? :blink:

This may not come across they way it will be read, but sometimes a look is only classic because it never got changed.

Well it's not a bad idea. It's one of the primary gripes concerning your Bolts' new uniforms. They're a 90s sunbelt expansion franchise trying to play Original Six dress-up. Now they don't have to go "full 90s," but I think the team would look "right" in a lot of peoples' eyes if they re-introduced black and silver into the colour scheme. There's just something off-putting about the Tampa Bay Lightning trying to pull off a Maple Leafs/Red Wings look. Just like it would be off-putting if the Montreal Canadiens added black and silver highlights to their sweaters and added a 3D effect to the CH logo.

Well it's not a bad idea. It's one of the primary gripes concerning your Bolts' new uniforms. They're a 90s sunbelt expansion franchise trying to play Original Six dress-up. Now they don't have to go "full 90s," but I think the team would look "right" in a lot of peoples' eyes if they re-introduced black and silver into the colour scheme. There's just something off-putting about the Tampa Bay Lightning trying to pull off a Maple Leafs/Red Wings look. Just like it would be off-putting if the Montreal Canadiens added black and silver highlights to their sweaters and added a 3D effect to the CH logo.

This.

And no the thin Black outlines around the numbers and pants are not cutting it. Its a shame because their first uniform could have been a modern classic had they used a better logo.

Well it may not be New England, the Atlantic states, or midwest, but it does get chilly in the winter. If you're looking for a climate-related reason, there you go.

Though that's not really why I think of it as a traditional market. It may not be a true traditional hockey market, but it ranks right up there with Boston, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Washington as a prominent, great American city. It's definitely a market the league should be in. The show of support for the Sharks seems to support that hypothesis. They just need to embrace the San Francisco idenity. If the Sharks and Warriors could go halfsies on a hockey/basketball arena in San Fran proper that would be ideal.

The South Bay and San Jose is full of hockey "people" that you wont find in San Francisco. The Sharks practice rink has 4 sheets of ice and 130+ adult league teams while San Francisco has one rink in a convention center. The Sharks will never leave the south bay..

Ah, you're talking about colors, I'm talking about the style of the uniform. While I would much appreciate adding black and silver that's beside the point. I don't see inception year having a bearing on the style of jersey, or what it "should" be. Using the Lightning as an example, I think a traditional striping pattern using their original 4 colors would be awesome and their 1992 birth date shouldn't preclude that option.

To clarify my comment on classic uniforms, the Canadiens would be crucified if they introduced a mismatch home and away. But because they're had it for a while, it gets overlooked. It's just as stupid as the Wild doing it. Full disclosure, I love the vintage white that matches the home red. Best Canadien jersey over.

I get what you're saying, but Tampa Bay's new sets are so good, and so much an upgrade from anything they've ever worn, that I can't agree with an "old teams wear classic styles, new teams break new ground" rule.

There is absolutely no way the current jerseys are an upgrade from their originals. I will agree the original logo left much to be desired but these new jerseys are even lazier. All they did was take the Detroit Template and add the Maple Leaf's colour scheme. They removed all the character from their identity. Update the logo but keep the basic look they won a cup with...

I get what you're saying, but Tampa Bay's new sets are so good, and so much an upgrade from anything they've ever worn, that I can't agree with an "old teams wear classic styles, new teams break new ground" rule.

There is absolutely no way the current jerseys are an upgrade from their originals. I will agree the original logo left much to be desired but these new jerseys are even lazier. All they did was take the Detroit Template and add the Maple Leaf's colour scheme. They removed all the character from their identity. Update the logo but keep the basic look they won a cup with...

Those jerseys were my least favorite in the league when they had them. The logo was horrible and the uniforms were really bland. The new uniforms are such a huge upgrade over anything they've worn in terms of the logo and uniform design.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Let's be honest: the Lightning have never had truly fantastic uniforms, and the upcoming ones are just par for the course. They went from looking like the Penguins to looking like the Maple Wings.

Actually their originals were head and shoulders about anything since, and head & shoulders about about 75% of the league.

You think the Mosleybolt is an upgrade?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived