NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people think we play in empty arenas?

Cause we're not Canadian.

bingo. They say the same about us but last time i checked, phillips wasnt 'empty'. we had a rocking crowd the past few games.

A rocking crowd of how many?

PUCK YOU! I cant stand you haters.

I won't badmouth Tampa, their attendance has been solid all year.

Atlanta, however? You guys do have attendance problems. 28 out of 30 is not "a rocking crowd."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

I realize that some overzealous Canadian (and even northern American) hockey fans tend to overreact and go "RELOCATE EVERY TEAM SOUTH OF THE MASON-DIXON LINE!" And for that I do apologize.

The inferiority complex you guys (southern hockey fans) have, however, tends to lead to a lot of lashing out. This tends to backfire when you badmouth Canadian fans while your team is a lowly 28th in attendance in a league of 30.

........? Dude, i was reffering to a single game....

So the arena must have been really empty every other game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why do people think we play in empty arenas?

Cause we're not Canadian.

bingo. They say the same about us but last time i checked, phillips wasnt 'empty'. we had a rocking crowd the past few games.

A rocking crowd of how many?

PUCK YOU! I cant stand you haters.

I won't badmouth Tampa, their attendance has been solid all year.

Atlanta, however? You guys do have attendance problems. 28 out of 30 is not "a rocking crowd."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

I realize that some overzealous Canadian (and even northern American) hockey fans tend to overreact and go "RELOCATE EVERY TEAM SOUTH OF THE MASON-DIXON LINE!" And for that I do apologize.

The inferiority complex you guys (southern hockey fans) have, however, tends to lead to a lot of lashing out. This tends to backfire when you badmouth Canadian fans while your team is a lowly 28th in attendance in a league of 30.

........? Dude, i was reffering to a single game....

So the arena must have been really empty every other game.

Definitely not...look, you want ot talk about SERIOUS attendance probs, talk Coyotes, Panthers. while atlanta has our issues at times, we are far better off than both of those teams combined.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Great, no more lightning bolt pants, no more victory stripes that have been a staple since the beginning, and no more black and silver.

Presenting your Tampa Bay Maple Leafs!

They can't be the Leafs! They've actually won a Stanley Cup in recent memory.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Definitely not...look, you want ot talk about SERIOUS attendance probs, talk Coyotes, Panthers. while atlanta has our issues at times, we are far better off than both of those teams combined.

Except Florida draws 2000 more a night than you. No clue how many actually paid for their seat, but there you go. You're averaging less than 13,000 a night in the 7th or 8th largest market in the Union. That is not, to put it nicely, good.

Today, we are all otaku.

Lightning Strikes Blog - The final word (really) on new uniforms

As for the new 2011-12 uniforms, I know we've had way too much discussion about them but wanted to clarify the design. I was a touch off in my previous description. So, for the record, the Lightning bolt logo WILL have a circular background around it. Everything else was accurate.

For what it's worth, that aspect of the design, apparently, was one of the aspects debated the most, and the organization went back-and-forth until finally deciding to go with it.

So, one more time, just to bring it all together:

The organization's primary colors will be blue and white. The dark home jersey will have the lightning bolt logo, though the words "Tampa Bay" will be removed. The road white jersey will include "Tampa Bay" with lettering either very close or exactly like that currently in use. There will be ties at the front of the collars.

The news conference for the rollout of the uniforms was postponed Monday because of the deaths of two St. Petersburg police officers. No immediate word on when that will be rescheduled, though not likely until after the All-Star break.

Anyway, sorry for the original confusion. Now, we can move on.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

this post is useless.

Much like most of his posts...lol

Anyways, I think the Lightning should keep the silver and black, I mean it is kinda hard to have any uni design with just blue and white and not think Maple Leafs.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

We get it, Canadian teams really love their hockey and overflow every home game. Awesome. Too bad all those fans can't will them to a Stanley Cup championship.

Well we do provide most of the players on those American Cup teams.

Also, this.

As for the new 2011-12 uniforms, I know we've had way too much discussion about them but wanted to clarify the design. I was a touch off in my previous description. So, for the record, the Lightning bolt logo WILL have a circular background around it. Everything else was accurate.

For what it's worth, that aspect of the design, apparently, was one of the aspects debated the most, and the organization went back-and-forth until finally deciding to go with it.

The organization's primary colors will be blue and white. The dark home jersey will have the lightning bolt logo, though the words "Tampa Bay" will be removed. The road white jersey will include "Tampa Bay" with lettering either very close or exactly like that currently in use. There will be ties at the front of the collars.

The news conference for the rollout of the uniforms was postponed Monday because of the deaths of two St. Petersburg police officers. No immediate word on when that will be rescheduled, though not likely until after the All-Star break.

I love the vintage look, but it's just so wrong for the lightning. Stevie Y really brought over his Detroit attitudes.

I love the vintage look, but it's just so wrong for the lightning. Stevie Y really brought over his Detroit attitudes.

Like winning?

One one hand I am surprised that they are announcing this so early, since it will obviously deter people from buying jerseys for the rest of the year. Then again, good for them, since they could have kept this on the DL until the Summer and people would feel like they wasted their cash if they bought a jersey in the next few months.

70389454.png

First, I'm glad the Lightning are changing their jerseys, but I'm not entirely sold on just going with blue and white. I don't mind them being in black, though I like their current 3rds much better (just replace the Bolts with the logo). The problem I have with their current black uniforms is that it's too black. With their old jersey there was enough white to break up the look. I'm wondering if the change to just blue and white have anything to do with Steve Yzerman's connection to the Red Wings and their simple red and white colour scheme.

But, I don't get how they would be allowed to announce the change in uniforms in the middle of the current season. Would that not hurt sales of their current jersey? If I'm a fan looking for Lightning gear, I probably wait until the new stuff comes out. So, unless their jerseys aren't selling at all right now, this is strange.

We get it, Canadian teams really love their hockey and overflow every home game. Awesome. Too bad all those fans can't will them to a Stanley Cup championship.

Also, this.

I'll take a Stanley Cup for my team every day of the week over an Olympic medal.

mav23.gif

Also, this.

I'll take a Stanley Cup for my team every day of the week over an Olympic medal.

Enjoy that Cup. Most of the players that won it hail from north of the border ;)

Ugh, this doesn't clarify anything. Yes we know the teams primary colours are going to be blue and white but the question on everyones mind is whether the logo will continue to use silver and black. Im glad the Circle is staying but if its not coloured in that shiny metallic silver, they have made a HUGE mistake. That shiny logo is the only distinctive and visually attractive element of their identity going back to their inaugural year.

Let me see, when was the last time the state of Minnesota won a Stanley Cup? Oh, yeah that's right... NEVER!!! You can't be the state of hockey if you can't win the Cup.

Let me see, when was the last time the state of Minnesota won a Stanley Cup? Oh, yeah that's right... NEVER!!! You can't be the state of hockey if you can't win the Cup.

National Championships, and Pond Hockey!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

LaughingSmiley.gif

Archived