NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, I think they should have played up the actual jet a little more. It's small. It's clip arty. It's just kinda there. I would have appreciated a bigger jet and a little more action in the Jet. I mean they are the Winnipeg JETS. Not the Winnipeg RCAF division team.

There are only so many people out there with jets. Passenger jets are ordinary in the 21st century. I think it makes perfect sense to go with the military motif, and if you're going to go military, then shouldn't it be your own country's air force? I think the amateurish clip art thing would have been to have some hyper-detailed black and grey jet as a primary. That to me would scream "waiting to become dated". Could it use some tweaking? Sure, but I'd say it's OK now and could be really good with some touching up.

Caught the end of a news article about the new logo on CBC last night and the reporter said that the jerseys will be released some time in September...I also saw in the same article that someone thought it looked like a beer logo. I personally don't see that but to each their own I guess.

@Ice_Cap:

You don't need to explain the RCAF connection any more. As has been true from the start, I obviously get it. (Again, I posted a Jets concept months ago featuring an alternate sweater with the roundel on the shoulders and a crest that was based on the pilots' wings.)

Your comment that The "this says RCAF more [than] Jets" argument falls flat with me because the RCAF theme is perfect for a team named after aircraft seems to miss the all important more than part. Of course the RCAF connection is appropriate (I'll even give you "perfect"). The problem I have is that they leaned way too heavily conceptually on the maple leaf imagery, while all we get is a clip-art-esque, slap-it-on afterthought, single use of the jet itself. My point has always been and continues to be that this identity essentially has misplaced priorities.

You clearly did misunderstand, but that's understandable. (Bah-zing!) The obvious bottom line of this argument is that you think this is a well-conceived, effective visual brand. I think this is a hastily produced, misdirected visual brand that overemphasizes the wrong elements. That's it.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

You clearly did misunderstand, but that's understandable. (Bah-zing!) The obvious bottom line of this argument is that you think this is a well-conceived, effective visual brand. I think this is a hastily produced, misdirected visual brand that overemphasizes the wrong elements. That's it.

Not really, actually. I think the concept is a good one, and had the design process not been rushed I think they would have nailed it. As it is it's ok but lacking. I expect we'll see refinements in the next offseason or two.

To much like the Canadiens?

Winnipeg+stolen+idea2.png

I really like that, but it's not the Canadiens similarities I would worry about...

AFG-080923-004.jpg

I didn't see it at first, but now I can't un-see it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

If they go exactly with what's seen on their official website, it would look like this.

Jets_Jersey_Concept.jpg

It's not me who made it, though. It's somebody from HFBoards.

Nice, but this is one time I definitely would have used the lace-up collar. It would look good with such a deliberately classic sweater.

Man these are gorgeous.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

The more people blast this logo, the more I like it.

That's our oddball. We should all chip in and get you an Andrew Ladd jersey.

Go ahead. I'd enjoy burning that jersey!

If they go exactly with what's seen on their official website, it would look like this.

Jets_Jersey_Concept.jpg

It's not me who made it, though. It's somebody from HFBoards.

Nice, but this is one time I definitely would have used the lace-up collar. It would look good with such a deliberately classic sweater.

Man these are gorgeous.

Yeah, the logo that I originally thought was blah looks great on that jersey, I'd love to buy that white jersey!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Was this posted yet?

199875_10150248322185886_660240885_7591841_360312_n.jpg

that was a concept from here that a counterfeit chinese company made

(concept by PHIlADELPHIAFLYERS)

Another pic:

254751_2184919977933_1095012231_32521352_3847318_n.jpg

I've seen this in 3 places now, including this Photoshop:

winter-classic-uniforms.jpg

Was this posted yet?

199875_10150248322185886_660240885_7591841_360312_n.jpg

that was a concept from here that a counterfeit chinese company made

(concept by PHIlADELPHIAFLYERS)

Another pic:

254751_2184919977933_1095012231_32521352_3847318_n.jpg

I've seen this in 3 places now, including this Photoshop:

winter-classic-uniforms.jpg

The first two images you posted were from counterfeit jersey sites, and the Photoshop that you posted was the original concept from here.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

What do the real ones look like if these aren't it?

We'll know when they release the uniforms to the public, which probably won't be till sometime around the start of the season.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I've spent some time looking at this logo. And typing up something, then deleting it and looking again. Then typing again, then deleting. I can't settle on any one thing except this: I think the problems start on the primary with the fact that the jet had to be Silver, and the maple leaf had to be Red. The idea is a decent one that I'm glad they decided to pursue, even if they didn't have time to fully flush it out. BUT...the color issue is one that causes a problem in my head. The jet doesn't stand out enough. If the leaf could have been a lighter color (like Light Blue or a lighter Gray) and the jet could have been Red...then the jet would actually stand out. I feel like if they had proper time to brand this team, this idea would've ended up on the cutting room floor because of that problem and the designers would be left thinking, "That was a good idea, but it just didn't fit for that team." I think I'd almost prefer that they made a "Jets" script that worked as a crest, that didn't even have a jet pictured, and used the real RCAF roundel on the shoulders. Again, I don't hate their idea, I just think the time is what killed them. What they rolled out is sub-par. I can tell because even people that don't break down sports logos can easily find flaws with these logos.

Archived