NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that Flyers/Quakers jersey is just a case of the counterfeiters jumping the gun because that looks absolutely horrid. The black nameplate takes the cake.

Jets logo looks great on the hat and I suspect it will look even better on the actual jersey. That is unless it's ruined by bettman stripes.

Which is okay by me, because I'm really not a fan of that particular mockup.

We'll see in September, unless another leak causes an early press conference.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

TNSE has stated that they are going with a traditional-looking jersey style. No Bettman stripes or (hopefully) weird vertical sleeve patterns.

Then again, they also said that this HFBoards mockup was "Not even close."

Jets_Jersey_Concept.jpg

Don't they have to say that? Otherwise, the market would be flooded with knock-offs.

Like several others on this board, I'm slowly coming around to these new Jets logos after hating it initially. My expectations were, perhaps, unreasonably too high. I applaud them, though, for making a primary w/ out a wordmark.

Here in Portland, I've always thought one of the failings of the Timbers that they didn't make the wordmark-free logo the primary. It would have stood apart in the league.

Like several others on this board, I'm slowly coming around to these new Jets logos after hating it initially. My expectations were, perhaps, unreasonably too high. I applaud them, though, for making a primary w/ out a wordmark.

Here in Portland, I've always thought one of the failings of the Timbers that they didn't make the wordmark-free logo the primary. It would have stood apart in the league.

I was kind of surprised, myself.

Given the evolution of media, a text-free logo makes a whole lot of sense. I've long thought that the Red Sox were very smart to move from this:

671.gif

to this:

c0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

The new logo is much more Web-friendly. It can be sized way down to fit avatars without losing its impact.

Similarly, the new Jets logo is clearly identifiable in a small size:

Twitter_Avatar_Jets_normal.jpg

I was kind of surprised, myself.

Given the evolution of media, a text-free logo makes a whole lot of sense. I've long thought that the Red Sox were very smart to move from this:

671.gif

to this:

c0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

The new logo is much more Web-friendly. It can be sized way down to fit avatars without losing its impact.

Similarly, the new Jets logo is clearly identifiable in a small size:

Twitter_Avatar_Jets_normal.jpg

I wonder how much of this had to do with all of the conjecture we heard regarding branding the club Manitoba instead of Winnipeg. Leaving the geographic identifier off the primary, I suppose, could make it more palatable to those who hoped the club would be named for the province.

Someone put one of the white hats on Ebay. It has 26 bids and is currently at $66.

BTW - I am not the lister on the item. If I had $100, I would think about making a bid.

why? nothing against the hat but why spend 100$ when you can get it soon for a lot cheaper

Someone put one of the white hats on Ebay. It has 26 bids and is currently at $66.

BTW - I am not the lister on the item. If I had $100, I would think about making a bid.

why? nothing against the hat but why spend 100$ when you can get it soon for a lot cheaper

i was thinking the same thing

spacer.png

spacer.png

TNSE has stated that they are going with a traditional-looking jersey style. No Bettman stripes or (hopefully) weird vertical sleeve patterns.

canada_RCAF_Flyers_1948_big.jpg

I can't see it being similar to anything else.

Jets_Jersey_Concept.jpg

To me that looks alot like the vancouver canucks old jerseys... the maroon and blue and silver...so I dunno

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Jets_Jersey_Concept.jpg

To me that looks alot like the vancouver canucks old jerseys... the maroon and blue and silver...so I dunno

The two shades of blue are similar but the Canucks old jerseys had silver and maroon stripes. Even if they were the same its not like the Canucks will ever go back to that scheme...

Archived