NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another wonderful application of the new Lightning logo.

boltsfail-1.png

The new Bolts and Jets logos are growing on me, but I still can't get over how the jet looks like something found on a clip art application.

That's how I feel about the Jets. I think the Bolts logo is great, but people can't seem to realize that blue on a dark background looks kinda bad.

I love both new logos for different reasons.

Can't believe that art directors haven't figured out the whole "blue logo on light bg, white logo on dark bg" thing. It isn't that hard.

Maybe they need a blue version with white keyline.

Just put it on a white patch so the inside of the circle is white as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wouldn't it be great if the Jets decided that since they were the home of the original white out, that they were going to wear white at home?

No. White at home sucks.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

White at home just doesn't work in the era of the alternate sweater.

The problem with dark sweaters at home is that if you have season tickets, or just attend a lot of games, every game looks exactly the same -- your team in their dark sweater against a white team.

Here's what I would do: Have teams wear white at home from the start of the season through New Years, then switch to dark jerseys at home from Jan. 1 through the end of the regular season. For the playoffs we can let home teams decide what they wear or go back to white at home or whatever.

The big benefit this way is that fans will get to see all of their teams jerseys (white, dark, alternate) during the season, and light/dark jerseys from around the league as well.

The problem with dark sweaters at home is that if you have season tickets, or just attend a lot of games, every game looks exactly the same -- your team in their dark sweater against a white team.

I fail to see the "problem" in your sentence.

Indeed. The "give the fans variety" argument is pointless in the age when you can watch any game in the league on any given night.

Here's what I would do: Have teams wear white at home from the start of the season through New Years, then switch to dark jerseys at home from Jan. 1 through the end of the regular season. For the playoffs we can let home teams decide what they wear or go back to white at home or whatever.

That's a terrible idea. People are used to it now, but when the NHL first made the switch to darks at home it confused more then a few people. Your idea would make that confusion annual. Fans need to be able to associate with home and road games with one type of sweater, so they can know who the home team is the moment they tune in.

Alternate sweaters are not going away, and most of them are dark. Teams like to wear their alternates in front of their home crowd to increase sweater sales. So darks at home just makes the most sense. The road team doesn't have to worry about bringing two uniform sets on a road trip. They can just pack their whites.

Another wonderful application of the new Lightning logo.

boltsfail-1.png

The new Bolts and Jets logos are growing on me, but I still can't get over how the jet looks like something found on a clip art application.

That's how I feel about the Jets. I think the Bolts logo is great, but people can't seem to realize that blue on a dark background looks kinda bad.

You'd think they'd be smart enough to use the white version I assume is in the graphic package.

Its all a matter of preference i guess, but i HATE seeing my teams dark sweater against every other white jersey. Logistically carrying one white set makes things easier and less to take.. ohwell i guess an extra set of jerseys is too hard

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

White is the color of good in Western civilization. The players on the home team are the good guys. Baseball, basketball, and the Cowboys know what's up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Then maybe the ice should be pale blue again. The league's numerous terrific white sweaters would look a lot better against that pale blue in HD.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived