NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not adopt a policy similar to the ECHL? Wear dark at home prior to the All-Star break, and whites after. Win-win IMHO.

Needlessly complicated. Besides, the NHL has a hard enough time being taken seriously as a major league as it is. The last thing they need to do is to start following the lead of the G-ddamn ECHL.

How is that complicated? Do you need a flow chart to follow it?

It's complicated in so far as changing the home/road sweater designation at any point during the season is unnecessary.

Plus it's something that reeks of the minor leagues.

http://www.thewinnip...-and-a-bargain/

John K. Sampson of The Weakerthans weighs in on the Jets logo

What does he know? He said the Jets were lousy anyway!

But seriously, folks. He makes a cool point about how "Jets" could've symbolized the unprecedented cosmopolitan construction of the WHA team. I had never thought of it that way till now. And while I'm sure it's not as if Canada hates itself or its Air Force, I can see where some people--especially in left-leaning Manitoba/Sask--would feel uncomfortable with the nationalism and militarism of the Jets' identity. You could say this is being overly sensitive, but here beneath the 49th where nationalism and militarism have led us down an extremely wayward path, I can certainly respect the sentiment. Besides, come on now, raise your hand if you thought the guy from a band called "Propagandhi" was going to be excited about a war machine representing his beloved hockey team.

And since we're talking John K. Samson, let me hijack this Jet(s discussion) and once more extol the virtues of the Weakerthans' 2003 album Reconstruction Site, arguably one of the ten best albums of the last decade. I've probably played it no less than 200 times and never gotten sick of it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I remember when this was leaked about 2 summers ago.

newvintage10.JPG

I must say that the similarities between this old leak and the one from today are quite intriguing. Could this be the future look of the Sens?

I hope not. The heritage O stuff is cool for an alternate uniform, but to me the Senators would not look right without the Sen head, or gold for that matter.

How is that complicated? Do you need a flow chart to follow it?

It's complicated in so far as changing the home/road sweater designation at any point during the season is unnecessary.

Plus it's something that reeks of the minor leagues.

Agreed. A hockey league here in the UK actually did this a few seasons back. Normally they have a white at home policy, but for that one season they had the dark jerseys at home for the first half, and white jerseys for the second half. It was silly, needless to say the dark jersey of the team I rooted for back then was atrocious. That and everything about UK hockey reeks of silly.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'd like to see a return of the "home whites," if for no other reason than fans in each market can get a look at each of their opponents' more colorful uniforms. A parade of visiting teams coming through a city wearing "road whites" means each game looks nearly identical to the fans in the stands.

How many times does it have to be said? It's not the 1960s any more. You can watch your team in the road wherever they're playing on High Definition television these days. You can watch any game in the league on any given night with the right cable package. The "we need to wear white at home to keep things visually interesting for the fans" argument has no merit in the year 2011.

I don't go to many hockey games, but I go to / work at every Eagles game. There's something cool about being there live and seeing the "enemy" come in showing their "battle" colors. In the NFL, you get them all in their colored gear on the sideline even if they're wearing their white uniforms (especially in the winter when they all have on their parkas) but in the NHL, going to game after game of black vs white (back when the Flyers wore black and when I went to more games) really sucked.

I get your point, but you're discounting the live experience too much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope not. The heritage O stuff is cool for an alternate uniform, but to me the Senators would not look right without the Sen head, or gold for that matter.

I agree. We're better off honoring our past with a vintage third and that's it.

OttawaSenators.png

the guy from a band called "Propagandhi" was going to be excited about a war machine representing his beloved hockey

the bassist from propagandhi is my wife's cousin's common law. Don't even get him started on the NHL returning to Winnipeg.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'd like to see a return of the "home whites," if for no other reason than fans in each market can get a look at each of their opponents' more colorful uniforms. A parade of visiting teams coming through a city wearing "road whites" means each game looks nearly identical to the fans in the stands.

How many times does it have to be said? It's not the 1960s any more. You can watch your team in the road wherever they're playing on High Definition television these days. You can watch any game in the league on any given night with the right cable package. The "we need to wear white at home to keep things visually interesting for the fans" argument has no merit in the year 2011.

I don't go to many hockey games, but I go to / work at every Eagles game. There's something cool about being there live and seeing the "enemy" come in showing their "battle" colors. In the NFL, you get them all in their colored gear on the sideline even if they're wearing their white uniforms (especially in the winter when they all have on their parkas) but in the NHL, going to game after game of black vs white (back when the Flyers wore black and when I went to more games) really sucked.

I get your point, but you're discounting the live experience too much.

Exactly. I think the point is not about being able to see your team in whatever colors, but rather the people in attendance at the games. It can get old only ever seeing your team's color or alternate color against white every game. That's two or three colors all year, with one being white.

Edit: just to clarify, I am speaking from the perspective of a ticketholder, someone who is in attendence for the games.

Another wonderful application of the new Lightning logo.

boltsfail-1.png

LOL it was so dumb how they had that at centre ice and wore their black jerseys and silver logo

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Okay, instead of going on your rant again about HD tv, you may want to either stop watching your HD tv or get an HD monitor, because you obviously aren't the smartest person when you quote someone as saying something they never said. Try reading before replying and try not to take a quote from someone else and attribute it to another person when they didn't say what you manipulated them to have said. You have absolutely no credibility now.

0801-ott-heritage.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1312266796906

Don`t care if this is an old picture or not, Daddy likes. I`ll be waiting here for you when autumn comes, champagne on ice, lights turned low, candles lit, and Barry White on the radio.

I bet those are going to look amazing once the final product is unveiled

baltimoreravens.png

Okay, instead of going on your rant again about HD tv, you may want to either stop watching your HD tv or get an HD monitor, because you obviously aren't the smartest person when you quote someone as saying something they never said. Try reading before replying and try not to take a quote from someone else and attribute it to another person when they didn't say what you manipulated them to have said. You have absolutely no credibility now.

You didn't quote-tag something you took from another publication. God, shut up. If he has no credibility, at least he has company.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Another wonderful application of the new Lightning logo.

boltsfail-1.png

LOL it was so dumb how they had that at centre ice and wore their black jerseys and silver logo

If getting a head start on marketing the new logo is "dumb" then yeah it was totally dumb.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

If he has no credibility, at least he has company.

It could be a new member title.

Archived